Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Astral Projection @ Limelight last night!!!!

zeeker

Headed out to Limelight last night to check out the Tsunami night they had going on. I wasn't too familiar with the whole goa/psyh trance thing, but I just wanted to get out, and at least see what they did with the place.

Um, wow. Just an amazing night. I'm not sure who opened, but the guy was just pure energy and had a very very mixed crowd going crazy. Lot's of euro-types and a ton of those hippie/ravers kids as well. All made for one hell of a vibe in that place. Astral Projection came on and I was just blown away. I'm not even gonna pretend to know what the fuck was going on up on stage. Maybe someone can fill me in, but they were on the stage, not the booth, and they were not using turntables. A few keyboards, two or three lap tops, a rediculously huge mixing board, a few cd decks, and two guys just going fucking nuts. Again, I wasn't too familar with Astral Projection, so I seriously didn't know who was who, but the one guy who was working the mixing board thing was as intense a guy as I have ever seen. I don't know what he was on, something really really strong though. The guy was was almost scary to watch, he was so into it. All made for one of the most intense club nights I've ever been out for. I think the rest of the crowd felt the same way. Dropped some amazing songs that i doubt I will ever find or hear again.

I think they/he was on for like 3 or 4 hours, and I'm almost positive that Talla 2XLC was up there with them for awhile too. Bigger guy, shaved head, looked exactly like pictures I've seen. Anyway, they finished up one of, if not the best live set I've ever heard out, and then the guy who opened got back in the booth and I assume closed the place out.

I think I left around 5:30 or so, got home and was just way to wired from the party I just left, so I drove all the way back into the city for DT. Left there at like 9:30-10, nice way to mellow out and wind down after the craziness at Limelight. Please tell me there were others from this board that showed up at LL that experienced what I did last night. Just a totally different vibe and experience, that I really hope comes back to this area soon.

Originally posted by zeeker

Headed out to Limelight last night to check out the Tsunami night they had going on. I wasn't too familiar with the whole goa/psyh trance thing, but I just wanted to get out, and at least see what they did with the place.

Um, wow. Just an amazing night. I'm not sure who opened, but the guy was just pure energy and had a very very mixed crowd going crazy. Lot's of euro-types and a ton of those hippie/ravers kids as well. All made for one hell of a vibe in that place. Astral Projection came on and I was just blown away. I'm not even gonna pretend to know what the fuck was going on up on stage. Maybe someone can fill me in, but they were on the stage, not the booth, and they were not using turntables. A few keyboards, two or three lap tops, a rediculously huge mixing board, a few cd decks, and two guys just going fucking nuts. Again, I wasn't too familar with Astral Projection, so I seriously didn't know who was who, but the one guy who was working the mixing board thing was as intense a guy as I have ever seen. I don't know what he was on, something really really strong though. The guy was was almost scary to watch, he was so into it. All made for one of the most intense club nights I've ever been out for. I think the rest of the crowd felt the same way. Dropped some amazing songs that i doubt I will ever find or hear again.

I think they/he was on for like 3 or 4 hours, and I'm almost positive that Talla 2XLC was up there with them for awhile too. Bigger guy, shaved head, looked exactly like pictures I've seen. Anyway, they finished up one of, if not the best live set I've ever heard out, and then the guy who opened got back in the booth and I assume closed the place out.

I think I left around 5:30 or so, got home and was just way to wired from the party I just left, so I drove all the way back into the city for DT. Left there at like 9:30-10, nice way to mellow out and wind down after the craziness at Limelight. Please tell me there were others from this board that showed up at LL that experienced what I did last night. Just a totally different vibe and experience, that I really hope comes back to this area soon.

nice review kid..me and the boys are goin to roxy/vinyl fri..hit me up if with are goin .

as much as i despise trance, astral projection is probably the *only* trance act i still respect....not only have they been around for fucking ever, they put on a true live performance, they're into it, and they know their shit......there's no fucking around w/ those guys....hmm now that i think about it i should've checked 'em out last night...

Yeah, I seriously can't stress enough how much energy there was in that place last night. Not too mention that the club itself was pretty cool. Not what I expected at all, very very modern looking, and lots of little hallways, staircases and little side rooms. I was getting lost like, all night.

On the topic, can anyone recommend some other good goa/psy trance DJs?

Originally posted by CHRles

If you want more quality Psy-Trance, you definitely need to check out some of the music by Infected Mushroom. I strongly recommend you go out and buy one of their albums. You might also like Astrix and S.u.n Project.

There's a lot of good Psychedelic-Trance sets at Thumpradio:

http://www.thumpradio.com/music/allshowsV2.cfm

cool, thanks. I actually picked up a Infected Mushroom flyer on the way out. They're playing on March 22nd at some place called 38 Nine Studio, which I've never heard of. i will definitely be checking them out. Thanks.