• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

your question was answered on your first post

I still wish there was no reason to ask a question like this

And the fact that your computer is a laptop is not relavant to the question FYI

This is so ridiculous. All I did was ask for a little advise. You guys are behaving like some local surfer kicking me off his beach. If you consider DJ-ing an art then you shoudn't discourage someone from wanting to play music, regardless of their equipment. Second of all, the fact that I have a laptop could make a difference. Laptops do not always perform as well as desktop pc's, especially for multimeda applications. I simply stated that I have a laptop with a P4, so some bonehead like you wouldn't reply back lecturing me on me that the software won't run on a PII or something.

Originally posted by lucabrase

This is so ridiculous. All I did was ask for a little advise. You guys are behaving like some local surfer kicking me off his beach. If you consider DJ-ing an art then you shoudn't discourage someone from wanting to play music, regardless of their equipment. Second of all, the fact that I have a laptop could make a difference. Laptops do not always perform as well as desktop pc's, especially for multimeda applications. I simply stated that I have a laptop with a P4, so some bonehead like you wouldn't reply back lecturing me on me that the software won't run on a PII or something.

Dude im totally not hating on you, but i am on hating on the "virtual Dj"

a p4 is p4 no matter what its in (unless its not a p4 and its a celeron or something like that)

The things that would affect an application such as this are Processer, RAM, maaaaybe your hard drive's speed, and possibly your soundcard. Not your case.

You want to play music? Use winamp and make a playlist.

Virtual DJ has no redeeming value.

And to reiterate, someone recomended the software that would do what you ask, however evil it is. There was no need to ask again.

Listen only to those who know bro...

Originally posted by lucabrase

Not wanting to make the effort many have before him.

Brother, not everyone wants to be Danny Fuckin Tenaglia. Some people just wanna fuck around on their computer, maybe make some CDs, etc., you dig? Get off your high horse.

Yes, I think that's what's this post is honesty about. That's why I made the recommendation I did.

Qwest.

Originally posted by dkny8

Brother, not everyone wants to be Danny Fuckin Tenaglia. Some people just wanna fuck around on their computer, maybe make some CDs, etc., you dig? Get off your high horse.

Aww fuck

Why don't you guys just stay at home and dance on the computer.

PUH--LEASE. Look, no offense, I'm sure your a sweet 17 year old breaker, I really am.

But SOME people don't want to lay out thousands of HARD EARNED dollars on a pair of technics and records.

Because

a) they ALREADY have a career and want to fuck around in their underwear with music.

B) none of your fucking business

c) STFU

d) it's fun

e) they are past the age of allowance and need to spend money on silly things like RENT, FOOD and HEAT

I H I

Originally posted by ivehadit

PUH--LEASE. Look, no offense, I'm sure your a sweet 17 year old breaker, I really am.

But SOME people don't want to lay out thousands of HARD EARNED dollars on a pair of technics and records.

Because

a) they ALREADY have a career and want to fuck around in their underwear with music.

c) STFU

d) it's fun

e) they are past the age of allowance and need to spend money on silly things like RENT, FOOD and HEAT

I H I

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oh shit!!!!!!!!!

Because

c) STFU

d) it's fun

I H I

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Because

c) STFU

d) it's fun

I H I

I def have to agree on that

i have the equipment and all , but i still fuck around using traktor

its just fun, and plus , you can get a lot more stuff on mp3 these days that you can actually find records. Records can be expensive and sometimes you cant even finds the one you want , but you do have the mp3, might as well put it to use.

k this is the way i see, and everyone is enititled to their own opinion.

Virtual DJ = Playing NBA Live on a playstation

thats all well and good, and can be fun

but then what happens when you are in the NBA and some fucker come along that is a joystick wizard and takes your job.

Its something you put a lot of effort into, and you could do the same thing they are doing, but you choose to do it the "right" way.

Now im not hating on the guy for wanting to mess around, but that is why I have a lot of pent up agression towards the people that use these programs, and then get booked at a club and proceed to mix like shit, yet the people that booked them dont know the difference.

And the reason I got all salty is cus his damn question was answered in the last post.

and im not 17, im 20 motherfucker

booyah

No doubt, i have no problem with that

ur right in the sense about those dude spinning at clubs with that shit when there are people like me who spend there time spinning on technics and working hard to try to produce music , and then those guys get the gigs n shit.

k this is the way i see, and everyone is enititled to their own opinion.

Virtual DJ = Playing NBA Live on a playstation

thats all well and good, and can be fun

but then what happens when you are in the NBA and some fucker come along that is a joystick wizard and takes your job.

Its something you put a lot of effort into, and you could do the same thing they are doing, but you choose to do it the "right" way.

Now im not hating on the guy for wanting to mess around, but that is why I have a lot of pent up agression towards the people that use these programs, and then get booked at a club and proceed to mix like shit, yet the people that booked them dont know the difference.

And the reason I got all salty is cus his damn question was answered in the last post.

and im not 17, im 20 motherfucker

booyah

WHOA!!! All poor luca wanted to know was a simple answer. Don't worry, kid, he ain't trying to jack your residency at ARC/Centro/Bob's Pancake Hut/Patel Candy Store/Joey's Bar Mitzvah/Exit white room hosted by DJ Fabio C/Don Hill's with Grandmaster Flash opening for rocksteady.

EVERYBODY JUST REMAIN CALM AND IN YOUR SEATS.

"I have a lot of pent up agression "

Thats sure as hell true, try a luke warm sock.

And there's a big difference bw a laptop and a reg. computer.

BTW--No one in the NBA is getting traded for some 15 year old fat kid that knows the codes to Street Jams.

And 20 not 17 is the same fucking thing....

BOOYA

I H I

WHOA!!! All poor luca wanted to know was a simple answer. Don't worry, kid, he ain't trying to jack your residency at ARC/Centro/Bob's Pancake Hut/Patel Candy Store/Joey's Bar Mitzvah/Exit white room hosted by DJ Fabio C/Don Hill's with Grandmaster Flash opening for rocksteady.

BTW--No one in the NBA is getting traded for some 15 year old fat kid that knows the codes to Street Jams.

BOOYA

I H I

u dont get it, u dont Dj

go fuck yourself

BOOYA

I H I

:laugh: :laugh: spot on!

rocksteady, the ellitest dj over here. where did he say he wants to pursue a career in it. he wants to fuck around in his spare time, so what? If he was aiming at getting a job that way, i can see your problem, but he isnt so stfu.

im ready for whatever u got since u only resort to name callin with me as u mentioned in a prior post of yours.

Originally posted by Ronin

rocksteady, the ellitest dj over here. where did he say he wants to pursue a career in it. he wants to fuck around in his spare time, so what? If he was aiming at getting a job that way, i can see your problem, but he isnt so stfu.

im ready for whatever u got since u only resort to name callin with me as u mentioned in a prior post of yours.

if you read all my post, you will see i fully express my distaste for that whole scene, but at the same time point him to where he can find it, its not my fault if hes retarded and cant read the answers to his question.

Im sure no one ever says, i wanna take jobs from "real" djs, but guess what it happens. I am just trying to discourage it from ever happening again.

I will reiterate..nothing that will help the scene will ever come out of computers mixing instead of people. period

I cant believe that no other "actual" dj's have any opnion on this matter, but so be it, i be on that trent shit, i do my dirt all by my lonely