Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit, Sf, Arena court hearings...

Originally posted by avalondon3

Honestly, who cares..If their closings effect your life that much, perhaps its time to re-evaluate your priorities.

Its a club, not the US Government, the post office , or your local Mcdonalds. It'll be ok. Remember, clubs are like roaches, for evrery one you kill, a thousand more will take its place.

If you care so little about the state of clubbing in NY, why the hell do you have nearly 2000 posts on a CLUBBING mb?

I'm sure we all have priorities that are higher than clubbing, but that doesn't mean it doesn't SUCK when this city's nightlife is going down the drain.

Originally posted by avalondon3

Honestly, who cares..If their closings effect your life that much, perhaps its time to re-evaluate your priorities.

Its a club, not the US Government, the post office , or your local Mcdonalds. It'll be ok. Remember, clubs are like roaches, for evrery one you kill, a thousand more will take its place.

I would much rather that they close all the McDonald's in the city rather than the clubs.

the point everyone is missing here is that NY needs its megaclubs--whether u like to go to em or not, whether u dislike what goes on in them or what music is played there or who attends them there are so many reasons why NY needs them. And i did say "NEEDS".

Places like Arc and Centro are great and the whole underground vibe (or whats left of it) is also necessary. But along with that UG vibe u also need a place for the masses. A place that during a hit friday nite in the summer can hold 5000 people. A place that parties from Sat nite at Midnight till 1 or 2 am on a monday.

and as for the argument that clubs will keep popping up, you couldnt be more wrong. The NY Club scene is kinda like the peer to peer downloading thing. It took the gov't a while to take down Napster, but they eventually did. Now they have been takin em down quicker and quicker (as we speak Kazaa is in Ct gettin beaten to death by the copyright act) - But do u get the logic. It took them a while to get Gatian and LL and the tunnel and Twilo. But they did. Then they made the cabaret laws even stronger. The drug laws have gotten stronger as well. So yes, to answer your question its possible that lil clubs here and there wll spring up. But i HIGHLY doubt that clubs such as Exit or SF will come along again so soon. How long have we been waiting for Crobar?

If you were someone who didnt give 2 shits about the clubscene in NY and u said "I hope they stay closed" -- then whatever. But i still dont understand why anyone posting on this messageboard could wish for that:confused: :confused:

Mike Bugout

out with the old in with the new....hopefully two new clubs open up and show nyc how its done

Yea...and i heard theres a breed of Money Trees going around. Pick you denominations $20 $50 or $100's...lol...u people make me laugh.

Limelight opened up again and now look, one sunday gay party. Woopdie freaking DOO DAH!

The ones that are still around have been through it all. Are people prepared to go through it in the first place is the question.

If Exit & SF get shut down for good, someone is going to buy the spot.. open a new club.. yay we have another super club! That will get shutdown down the road, someone else will buy the spot, new club again!!! It's a cycle. Always has been, always will be. We're just in a depression right now waiting for a few new clubs to open up.

Mike & Kat made very logical points. We DO need Superclubs, hey if you don't like em don't go there. But to keep the scene alive NYC needs the superclubs to take care of the mobs of people.

WHAT IF: Webster Hall closed. (ok, i'm not saying exit and sf are anywhere related to WH)... but What if?? Do you want those people running around tearing apart whats left of the underground. I'm all about introducing new people to the scene, but i'd rather take someone who enjoys the pure music and isn't interested in just being seen or picking up girlies. Leave that for the mega clubs. Just my opinion.