they wanna come back and cut your throat when you ain't lookin

What is money?

Money is what makes a man act funny

Money is the root of all evil

Money'll make them same friends come back around

swearing that they was always down

What is life?

I'm tired of life

life is the manifestations of a certain level of energy. matter is a form of energy, or rather it is created by energy and can revert to energy, sound can become heat which can become light and on and on. we are a form of energy manifested in our physical forms like a resistor in a light bulb that turns electricity into light, the problem is that our energy runs out or we blow our fuse, but not to worry, our energy is released from our bodies and returned again to the cosmos. most of this is from the book the celestine prophecy and not my personal beliefs,, whats interesting is that there is this guy on oz now that keeps talking bout stuff like this. i think life is my unwaking dream...no wait thats from the legend of zelda...guess i dont know...

Originally posted by t0nythelover

life is the manifestations of a certain level of energy. matter is a form of energy, or rather it is created by energy and can revert to energy, sound can become heat which can become light and on and on. we are a form of energy manifested in our physical forms like a resistor in a light bulb that turns electricity into light, the problem is that our energy runs out or we blow our fuse, but not to worry, our energy is released from our bodies and returned again to the cosmos. most of this is from the book the celestine prophecy and not my personal beliefs,, whats interesting is that there is this guy on oz now that keeps talking bout stuff like this. i think life is my unwaking dream...no wait thats from the legend of zelda...guess i dont know...

that was interesting, but one note, its the filament in the lightbult that makes light... not a resistor... (not to be anal or anything... just fyi...)

i called my view nihilism, but it really isn't.

1) we are born, we live, we grow old, we die.

2) the most innate drive of any living organism is to prolong its life.

3) our lives will end as our bodies decay, so the only hope is the afterlife.

4) the afterlife is just a myth to give us hope

5) you can live after death in memory - those who live on keep you alive because you've touched their lives through being there, your work, etc.

6) the earth will be destroyed either by nuclear holocaust, nanobot swarm, natural erosion, destruction of the sun, pollution, or it will simply be unncessary as artificial intelligence replaces all life.

7) once the earth is destroyed there will be nobody alive to remember you. hence your afterlife is over, and all of the contributions made by the great civilizations of old are absoultely worthless.

8) therefore the meaning of life is to actively seek out other planets with which to inhabit. any other goal is simply self-serving, a relentless pursuit of comfort from which humanity derives no utility.

Originally posted by dialectics

5) you can live after death in memory - those who live on keep you alive because you've touched their lives through being there, your work, etc.

6) the earth will be destroyed either by nuclear holocaust, nanobot swarm, natural erosion, destruction of the sun, pollution, or it will simply be unncessary as artificial intelligence replaces all life.

7) once the earth is destroyed there will be nobody alive to remember you. hence your afterlife is over, and all of the contributions made by the great civilizations of old are absoultely worthless.

8) therefore the meaning of life is to actively seek out other planets with which to inhabit. any other goal is simply self-serving, a relentless pursuit of comfort from which humanity derives no utility.

If that is what you believe, then what are you pursuing?

Very interesting thoughts I must say.

Originally posted by dialectics

I agree with most of that except 8 -

The meaning of life, given all it's futility, is to enjoy the life that you have to live.

just think about EVERY animal and every living thing on this planet, not one of them contemplates the meaning of life... because they are too stupid to know any better, not to be mean towards animals but, um its true! So essentially humans are a freak of nature too smart for our own good trying to figure out some "meaning" (another concept invented by humans) of life. Man, there is no meaning, its just there, its just random, just like the universe. The greatest term invented by man is as follows:

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!!!! :laugh: