Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why am I hearing PVD was a disaster 4 some people?

I'm hearing that NYPD were telling a shitload of people who waited on line to go home after they waited for a couple hours and even though they had tickets..

But I also went on some of the other boards to read reviews and people had a nice time so I'm assuming that they were letting people in eventually later in the nite.. ? ? ?

What exactly happened last nite? :confused:

Yup, at midnight, I checked out the line while waiting to meet up with a friend (which would happen elsewhere in the city)... the line had already reached 19th St, so around the corner then around the next corner.

We finally made it to Roxy at 2 am, and the line was longer than what I saw before.

At around 3:30 am, the entrance was in sight, but at that time, the cops said that the club had already reached max capacity (for fire codes, which by the way was 2100), and was not letting anyone else in. So they told everyone in line at the time to leave the area. There were 2 NYPD cars there. I had heard rumors that they (or the fire department) might even go in and shut down the party.

I came back later on, and they let ticket holders in, I guess after the cops had left the area and some people had left the club. So I got in at 5:30 am, and salvaged some of the night.

Originally posted by kevinneci

the cops never said the club reached capacity, the clubs bouncers said that no one was getting in over the cops microphone. And if it did reach capacity the fire marshall would be there not the cops.

Yup, that's what I was told as well.. people were saying that the cops gave them no reason why they weren't letting them in and some of them were questioning the cops and not moving and they were threatened to be arrested..

I wound up gettin denied entrance even thou my ticket was inside. I got on line on 19th st at 1 and made it to 18th st at 3. Then the bouncers were tellin ppl to go home, no one is gettin in, the cops will shut it down. This was at 315-330. And you were only gettin in if you had actual tickets. At first I wanted a refund, but now Made Events is supposedly having a make-up date? Do I get my ticket for the make-up date or get take my refunded money?