Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My review @ ROXY with PVD

I arrived there arounfd 11ish and there was already a line. Walked up with my dj Troy St. Charles and other guests and met James at the door who I worked the door with @ Eugenes. Glady opened the ropes and a way we go. Met up with a lot of people but hardly an CP peeps. Luis was playing some chill tunes as ROXY was getting packed by the minute. The set up was sweet they had up these white curtain type material all over the ceiling with some crazy light show throughout the night. 1am came and ROXY was getting more busy and Luis started to play harder and LOUDER and the he was working the crowd lovely as we all chanted and whistled. 145am PVD walks up in the booth to Luis and everyone starts to ROAR, but its not Pauls time to step up to the decks. Luis continued to play louder and harder.

2am rolled around PAUL stepped and that was it. As Paul stepped up it felt as though it was World Series and someone hit a homerun. The crowd was ROARING , chantting PVD, PVD, PVD....Nothing but energy none stop with the craziest vocals and trance beats. Paul played the best Anthems and classic LOUD and FAST.

230 came and they said that they stopped letting people in. I guess due to the capacity and plus firemarshall was there and cops too, so im sure ROXY didnt was to depardize the night by letting in more and more people.

It was 5am and the crowd didnt move nor get weaker> Paul was still playing strong and hard and sweet. 645 came and still playing strong with some of the craziest stuff. Left at that time and now im at work. There is a lot more to tell everyone but this is good for now. What was everyones review? By the way I was wearing a straw cowboy hat with shades if anyone noticed me.

Overall the night was a 20 from a 1-10, thats how insane it was.

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had tix to go and I had to sell them 'cause I have 3 exams on Monday/Tuesday. I'm really hearing a lot of mixed reviews about the night. Not about PvD of course, I heard he was awesome, but I heard security and NYPD were assholes... I dunno prally just rumors. I was just wondering if he played Animacion-Zurdo last night?? That song makes me cry when I hear it. Everytime... I dunno what it is... it's just that good. Well I hope people had a great time and danced for me :bounce:

Hope to see him next time 'round

~ the girly

Originally posted by girlygirl1029

I had tix to go and I had to sell them 'cause I have 3 exams on Monday/Tuesday. I'm really hearing a lot of mixed reviews about the night. Not about PvD of course, I heard he was awesome, but I heard security and NYPD were assholes... I dunno prally just rumors. I was just wondering if he played Animacion-Zurdo last night?? That song makes me cry when I hear it. Everytime... I dunno what it is... it's just that good. Well I hope people had a great time and danced for me :bounce:

~ the girly

yup he did and the movie was being shown on the screens...

Originally posted by girlygirl1029

~ the girly

Yeah the cops were a bit strict only for the capacity. Im sure they dont want the same thing happening here like it happened in other cities.

Victor Soto

Originally posted by waaaaa

i was waiting behind the building..so we said fuck it..and went to a bar then vinyl..thank god...cus danny threw down the sickest set i eva heard at 530.

ahhh, that sucks. At least you made a night out of it though.

Originally posted by vsoto212

I arrived there arounfd 11ish and there was already a line. Walked up with my dj Troy St. Charles and other guests and met James at the door who I worked the door with @ Eugenes. Glady opened the ropes and a way we go. Met up with a lot of people but hardly an CP peeps. Luis was playing some chill tunes as ROXY was getting packed by the minute. The set up was sweet they had up these white curtain type material all over the ceiling with some crazy light show throughout the night. 1am came and ROXY was getting more busy and Luis started to play harder and LOUDER and the he was working the crowd lovely as we all chanted and whistled. 145am PVD walks up in the booth to Luis and everyone starts to ROAR, but its not Pauls time to step up to the decks. Luis continued to play louder and harder.

2am rolled around PAUL stepped and that was it. As Paul stepped up it felt as though it was World Series and someone hit a homerun. The crowd was ROARING , chantting PVD, PVD, PVD....Nothing but energy none stop with the craziest vocals and trance beats. Paul played the best Anthems and classic LOUD and FAST.

230 came and they said that they stopped letting people in. I guess due to the capacity and plus firemarshall was there and cops too, so im sure ROXY didnt was to depardize the night by letting in more and more people.

It was 5am and the crowd didnt move nor get weaker> Paul was still playing strong and hard and sweet. 645 came and still playing strong with some of the craziest stuff. Left at that time and now im at work. There is a lot more to tell everyone but this is good for now. What was everyones review? By the way I was wearing a straw cowboy hat with shades if anyone noticed me.

Overall the night was a 20 from a 1-10, thats how insane it was.

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

:blank:

Originally posted by msoprano13

i wouldnt call it ruining the night.....

thats what is suppose to be done on big nights....

Since when is it standard procedure to shut the doors and tell everyone to disperse despite the fact that they had tickets in hand or on reserve for them..

These people.. some of them came from LONG distances (a good 2 hours or so) to hear PVD WITH tickets in hand and they got sent away from the door.

I would call that a ruined nite.

Originally posted by zeeker

ahhh, that sucks. At least you made a night out of it though.

haha..we got there ..i saw nicole..got in front of her..then i didnt move for 20 minutes...so i was like ok we are out....sucks cus i wanted meet up with alot of kids i hadnt seen in a minute..plus pvd..butttt..danny teneglia made the night worthwhile....see ya soon kid.

Originally posted by Codica3

Since when is it standard procedure to shut the doors and tell everyone to disperse despite the fact that they had tickets in hand or on reserve for them..

These people.. some of them came from LONG distances (a good 2 hours or so) to hear PVD WITH tickets in hand and they got sent away from the door.

I would assume it's all just precaution after the horrible events the last two weeks. I'm, sure they'll refund tickets. If they don't, that is not cool. But Made seems to have their shit together.

haha cody....u are def mah girl..fuckin standard procedure...lmao..ok.

And Zeeker - yeah, I'm sure it was something along those lines, I was just saying, it sux for the people who's nite got messed up.

yeah, no shit. I would have been fuming if I waited for like 2 hours and then got told to go home, like some people did.

Originally posted by zeeker

yeah, no shit. I would have been fuming if I waited for like 2 hours and then got told to go home, like some people did.

Exactly. And that's why I called it a ruined nite for them. :idea:

It's Mr. MSOPRANO that disagreed with me this time. :tongue:

yeah i waited on line for two hours then got told to go home while the cops like laughed at us and shit...not cool, not cool at all...i now have a cold and i missed out on pvd BUT of course i couldnt just go home so i went to vinyl and danny was splendid as always...

i'm still a little pissed that they closed the clubs doors with all those people on line...they are lucky kids didn't start a riot...definitely bad business because almost the whole line that was wrapped around the block had tickets...:blown: