Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My review @ ROXY with PVD

I had a goodnight.. I was in by 12a.m. I stood by the front for a long time because I was waiting for some friends.

The music was good.. I did enjoy Luis. PVD was great but I did not liek how he basically threw down the same beat over and over and he played some songs twice..just a little differently.. I mean maybe he thought some people were too cracked out to notice.. I do not know.

He did spin some great Classics though like "Skydive" by Jan Johnston.

Flight 643 by tiesto and another one by Tiesto..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and sadly again club kiddies learn their lession the hard way...

fashionably late is soooo 1989

If you were that hyped for PVD and got there later than 1 expecting to just walk in when NY's clubs (at least the 2 biggest) have been closed for 2 weeks--you're outta your mind.

We got there early and didnt wait too long -- just got the call :rock:

my review is on the other thread

Mike Bugout

OK my review...

well nice seein ronin, bugout, karch...

and nice meeting lil lizzy...

well was gonna get there mad early.. my friend came picked me up at 11 went back to his place shmokied, forgot that we where going to pvd till bout 3:00 then left queens got to roxy at like 4:30... got in around 5 i think... and he was throwing down some hard beats...

what i dont like bout his recent sets is they dont have any flow like he did when he was at twilo... he takes you here he takes you there.. but there aint no ride in between.. what is he workin for starttrek n just beaming us up scotty!!!.. cmon give us a ride...

overall the music i thought was ok.. imo could have and should have been alot better... sound system... sounded great as usual... was nice to be back in roxy...

was there with my whole sf crew.. sf represented the entire catwalk just bout. opposing the dj booth...

benny - u all over kid :)

i had a great night. wait outside sucks. people not getting in sucked big!! I'm kinda outta the CP loop so def don't know the screen names too well - i was wandering around like a prick wearing a bright red tiesto shirt...chillin with Crobra and a host of non CP kids toward the back mostly...

NYPD: the cops fault that Roxy evidently planned to let in more than their allowed capacity. If that wasn't the plan then someone from the club should have realized that they had oversold the event and from the get go there should have been two lines and people saying "if you don't have a ticket or will call you will be waiting a LOOOOONG time."

Like someone said it doesn't take a genius to figure out that

1. PVD is routinely among NYC's biggest draws wherever he plays

2. with two other big clubs down for the past weeks where did you think people were gonna go...

3. you should treat PVD like going to a broadway show these days (since he spins so rarely) and buy a fuggin ticket in advance!!

Originally posted by barvybe

benny - u all over kid :)

i had a great night. wait outside sucks. people not getting in sucked big!! I'm kinda outta the CP loop so def don't know the screen names too well - i was wandering around like a prick wearing a bright red tiesto shirt...chillin with Crobra and a host of non CP kids toward the back mostly...

NYPD: the cops fault that Roxy evidently planned to let in more than their allowed capacity. If that wasn't the plan then someone from the club should have realized that they had oversold the event and from the get go there should have been two lines and people saying "if you don't have a ticket or will call you will be waiting a LOOOOONG time."

Like someone said it doesn't take a genius to figure out that

1. PVD is routinely among NYC's biggest draws wherever he plays

2. with two other big clubs down for the past weeks where did you think people were gonna go...

3. you should treat PVD like going to a broadway show these days (since he spins so rarely) and buy a fuggin ticket in advance!!

oh shit that was you?? I was the guy talkin to you about Tiesto and how I got the shirt autographed. It's in my sig:tongue:

ahhhh! good shit.

i wear that shirt out a lot cause i tend to have outta towners with me. can't stand having to stay put so they can find me when they get disoriented :)

yo - i am seriously the worst ever with name / face shit. next time you see me mention the shirt and i'll be there.

u were sitting on the bar right? i remember wanting to chill for a bit but my legs insisted on closing the last hour plus on the floor.

Originally posted by Codica3

Since when is it standard procedure to shut the doors and tell everyone to disperse despite the fact that they had tickets in hand or on reserve for them..

These people.. some of them came from LONG distances (a good 2 hours or so) to hear PVD WITH tickets in hand and they got sent away from the door.

I would call that a ruined nite.

Have you people ever heard of greecing the bouncer or doormen...I got there at 11:45 with 5 people gave the guy standing in the street 65 bucks and was in within 2 min. I say thats worth 2 hours of waiting in line or not getting in at all. Where are the club skills my friends???:cool:

Originally posted by merllen

Have you people ever heard of greecing the bouncer or doormen...I got there at 11:45 with 5 people gave the guy standing in the street 65 bucks and was in within 2 min. I say thats worth 2 hours of waiting in line or not getting in at all. Where are the club skills my friends???:cool:

we did u one better my friend. We didnt spend any money and got ahead. :laugh:

but seriously tho--I saw a lot of people doing this--I guess if u spent 40 bucks on a tick and then didnt mind dropping another 50-100 bucks to skip the line, more power to u!

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by jennifera

Victor!!!!

is was nice seeing you

i had the best time there after the 2 hour wait and the line to the bathroom!

It was good to see you too. Luckly we got to see each other @ EXIT for OAKEY and now ROXY for PVD. I was gonna call you ,but I thought we werent gonna go, so next time I'll drop a call and we can meet up. Lucky you got in at the right time. Drop an e-mail when ever and keep in touch.

Victor Soto

Got there around 12am with advance tickets.... waited for 3 long cold drizzly hrs... got right to the front of the line around 3 am .. then they decide to close up ppl from coming in...

ended up going to ARC.. all i can say is feel sorry for all the ppl behind us and i BETTER GET MY MONEY BACK !!

ahhhh! good shit.

i wear that shirt out a lot cause i tend to have outta towners with me. can't stand having to stay put so they can find me when they get disoriented :)

yo - i am seriously the worst ever with name / face shit. next time you see me mention the shirt and i'll be there.

u were sitting on the bar right? i remember wanting to chill for a bit but my legs insisted on closing the last hour plus on the floor.

Yeah Robin, Mike and Lillizzy were near me when you bumped into me. Good seeing you out again. We were chilling by the railing across from the bar. Until next time....

ahhhh! good shit.

haha i was with ronin pointin to the back of your shirt sayin sickkkkk haha

Originally posted by djmikebugout

we did u one better my friend. We didnt spend any money and got ahead. :laugh:

but seriously tho--I saw a lot of people doing this--I guess if u spent 40 bucks on a tick and then didnt mind dropping another 50-100 bucks to skip the line, more power to u!

Mike Bugout

got the call :phone:

Originally posted by merllen

Umm.. I wanna make something clear.. don't think for one second that I was anywhere near Roxy Friday nite trying to hear PVD.. :aright: