Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nails....

magellanmax

I know its weird for a guy to post this, but I know guys notice them on girls more than we admit:D Especially during hand jobs.

Its amazing what difference in a well manicured and 'laborers' hand feels. So, what are your choice in nails... Fake attachments, clipping and filing only, varnish and polish. And btw, I thought the pointy nails were out :confused: And what about the fancy painted, werent those on their way out too ??

I personally prefer the squared-off plain white with varnish...just wanted to know if you all spend some time at the beauty palor getting your 'nails did'....:D

I was on the parkway the other day and there was only two cashier toll booths open (being midday) ...and the line was awfully long and so slow!!:mad: Road rage was kinda creping up on me.....anyho... I finally got to the teller. I handed her a five dollar bill. Then she proceeded to count the singles, which was ok. But then the drama ensued !! The reason the line was crawling at snail pace was coz she had such long finger nails such that the tip of her fingers couldnt dip into the coin tray !!!!! She was doing kamikaze moves with her fingers trying desperately to retrieve the change WTF !! All this for fashion :confused:

There's gotta be a better way IMO.....

And for those that bite their nails..its ok...tell us how you adjust them for special occasions...:D

Originally posted by magellanmax

I was on the parkway the other day and there was only two cashier toll booths open (being midday) ...and the line was awfully long and so slow!!:mad: Road rage was kinda creping up on me.....anyho... I finally got to the teller. I handed her a five dollar bill. Then she proceeded to count the singles, which was ok. But then the drama ensued !! The reason the line was crawling at snail pace was coz she had such long finger nails such that the tip of her fingers couldnt dip into the coin tray !!!!! She was doing kamikaze moves with her fingers trying desperately to retrieve the change WTF !! All this for fashion :confused:

There's gotta be a better way IMO.....

And for those that bite their nails..its ok...tell us how you adjust them for special occasions...:D

:laugh: :laugh: The things us women go through for nails!

I used to always have tips on, square and rather short...usually with a french manicure, light pinks/nudes in the summer, and deep reds/maroons in the winter and fall....

BUT Lately I've been all natural with no acrylic...and my nails look pretty nice! They are getting strong again after getting all thin from all the chemicals...

Only thing I miss about not having acrylic on my nails, is with natural nails, polish chips soooo much faster! I'll get them done and 2 days later, it's all chipped!!! I hate that

idunno how u other ladies feel but i had acrylics on for 2 years..usually alittle long, french manicure...i trecently took them off in sept...and am totally glad i did...i went to the salon the other day and noticed that MY GOD yes 11 year old girls have been gettin their nails done....and this isnt new....i visited my old high school and just about every girl had some ugly gaudy shit on their long fake nails...it reminded why it was a good idea to take them off...how do u ladies feel about these young chicks gettin their nails done...

Originally posted by Mystify22

BUT Lately I've been all natural with no acrylic...and my nails look pretty nice! They are getting strong again after getting all thin from all the chemicals...

Only thing I miss about not having acrylic on my nails, is with natural nails, polish chips soooo much faster! I'll get them done and 2 days later, it's all chipped!!! I hate that

i have natural too... they are kinda long, i hate when they break!!! and yeah, polish doesnt stay on for shit. i think real nails are so much classier even if they are short.

Call me ignorant...:( I coulda sworn that those white squared off nails were real :eek:

Damn, those salon gals (and swishy washy guys) know their shit!! French cut?..WTF ! How come I never heard of this before ?? And dont mention 'oblivious' attitude... :rolleyes:

Is it about lotion or what?...how come the hands are that tender and yummy? gotta be something behind the soft touch......(learnt it the hard way :D ) .....And please, dont say genetics....;)

I have natural nails.... medium length. I was lucky to be born with gorgeous nails that never break, crack, split w/e. Despite that, I used 2 get acrylics and when I took them off, my nails were soft and ruined. But now they're all nice and pretty. hehe

The only advantage acrylics have is polish doesn't chip like 2-3 days afer getting them done.

i've never done acrylics... my aunt is a retired manicurist and she always forbid me from getting them done because they'd ruin my nails... i wouldn't like them for myself anyway...

i like keeping mine natural, squared off, not too long and not too short... RED is my color, but i'll get anything i'm in the mood for... i love hot pinks in the summer just for fun... can't wait for that time to come :D

Originally posted by vixengirly

idunno how u other ladies feel but i had acrylics on for 2 years..usually alittle long, french manicure...i trecently took them off in sept...and am totally glad i did...i went to the salon the other day and noticed that MY GOD yes 11 year old girls have been gettin their nails done....and this isnt new....i visited my old high school and just about every girl had some ugly gaudy shit on their long fake nails...it reminded why it was a good idea to take them off...how do u ladies feel about these young chicks gettin their nails done...

I get my nails done, and so do my two younger sisters. One is 13 and one is 14 and I think it's adorable! Since their hands are so much smaller it's really cute. Sometimes we go together and get the same colors. Theyre taking care of themselves you know. Long ass tips is another thing, that I think is a little retarded, but there's nothing wrong with lil tips or a manicure. :)

o no doubt. my 10 year old neice will get a manicure with me. But acrylics?? I would never want to see that shit on a girl younger than 16...as longs its cute and simple i think its adorable. But if u woulda seen these girls.... they had glitter and rhinestones and air brush and the nails are just too long!!! uuuggghhhh it was so gross :o(

Originally posted by psychosweetie

i bite my nails:(

I'm bad, I don't usually bite them unless I'm super-stressed, but I do pick a lot, and my nails are very weak and tend to break easily. But they do seem to be growing a lot faster and stronger since I've changed birth control.

Thankfully, my boyfriend couldn't care less about nails, lol.