Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how much do bing djs make a night???

bongoe

hey whats up everyone i am new to this board i just moved to the new york area for school last fall......and im loving it.

I attended paul van dyk last friday night and WOW what a show amazing time. The line did suck security sucked i know they had an important job to do and that the nypd and the fire dept were watching there every move but still. We were actually only about 20 feet from the door when they told everyone to leave. We stuck around for a few minutes decided to leave for a bit. After a while we went back to try and get because i was lied to by security 3 times and i thought there was no way i was going to get my ticket money back from satalite. So after about 15 min of waiting they decided to let the 50 or so people left in. Once inside i was amazed Van Dyk was amazing hes not only a world class DJ he is an amazing musician and a master at working a crowd, so id say even with all the B.S. it was still an amazing night

I do have one question that was a topic of arguement among some friends tonight.....Does anyone know how much Van Dyk makes for spining the night????? My friends and i are would love to know and i want to prove to my friends that i am right........any info would be much appreciated

im pretty sure its no way near $20,000 an hour for any DJ, including Paul Okenfold... Cuz if PVD gets 20k an hour on a 6 hour set and spins once a week, thats $6,360,000 a year.. I doubt that. ANd i dont think the promoters of the roxy could afford to pay PVD $120,000 for that night.. figure 2000 poeple went to roxy and each paid(not inlcuing comps.reduces) $40 each equals out to $80,000 made for admission, now minus the pay for the other DJ's, splitting it with the club, and other promoter payouts... so it doesnt make sence

Originally posted by joe81

Depending on the connections you have, PVD is usually around $35K I believe. But can be more. Danny Tenneglia makes more than $7K a night, way more and he gets over $20k on the road.

where u getting your info from

yea i belive roxys capicity is 2100 so multiply that by 40 bills a ticket and thats $84,000 so i doubt he makes $20,000 an hour......I was thinking he got between $30,000 and $40,000 for the night.......and some buddies of mine said he got only $2,000 to $5,000......this to me is way to low.....anyways thanks for the input

When PVD did Twilo, he had a $2 million contract to spin 12 gigs over 2 years. Assuming each gig was about 6 hours long, that averages to about $33,000 an hour. I've heard that his US gig fees generally run in the $50,000-$80,000 range now (lower end for shorter gigs). What you're forgetting is that the club makes the vast majority of it's $ on the bar. The places that I've spun at for $ usually calculate how much to pay based on bar take, not on ticket sales, and I'm sure that holds true for major clubs (Arc aside) as well.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

oakie charged the world $100k for his 2 hour set last summer

hows that make sence? where u getting your info? simple math will tell you thats wrong... world holds what aboput 1200 max? so figure 1200 poeple for $50 admission... which equals to $60,000 of the admission money, then figure atleast 50 comps were issued therefore $60,000 - $2500 = $57,500... then you ad the bar cash if everyone bought 3 drinks that would be 1200 times $24 = $28,800

total income = $85,700

so the world has roughly $90,000 income so far from taht night...

from the 90k, take away $100,000 for Paul's pay check then the world has negatative $10,000... then minus about $3000 for other DJ's, dancers, entertainment etc.. oh but dont forget the security and staff along with splitting the money with the producers/ coordinators / promoters etc.