Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone checked out the new vicious cd?

im not sure whether i wanna get it or not. i mean, when i first heard of it, i wanted to go out and get it, cuz vicious has always been one of my fav's, and i wanna support him. but i saw the tracklisting and now im not so sure. LOTS of vocals, although they are some of the better ones, but as a whole it seems a little too mainstream.

and whyyyyyyyyyy is that drunkenmonkey Eminem remix on there? talk about cheese.

anyone got any opinions? is it worth it?

:confused:

my review of the new vicious cd is that iam shocked and i expected more

the first cd like his last cd is mainstream vocals i dont really care for those iam more interesed in the second cd

first it starts of trancey with yet another day and cafe del mar

ok then iam feelin it u know

then he puts on dark beat that just killed it then he pickd it back up with a remake of the c&c music factory song i was feelin it

then i was really hyped about his new songs with myndy k, veronica and aubrey. from there i saw vicious has changed and i feel for the worst, those vocals had not alot of energy compared to his songs in the past he has worked with them i dunno its sad i used to love his work

i just hope he turns back to the old tunnel vicious

i guess there might be a certain requirement and certain "guidelines"when it comes to what they are supposed to put together on their complilations. After all it is distributed by Ultra Records, it is not actually "his" CD. You are right...He IS different in clubs...i have worked with him before. I dont think its that bad...every cd has those 1 or 2 songs you dont like or have already overheard a million times. (for example, every CD compilation i have seen has Dj Sammy "Heaven"). It all depends on the individual and what you like to hear. Dont lose faith in Johnny though! :)

The reason u might see more commerical vocals and what not than usual on this cd is b/c they have to put that on there to sell records...

If it was all underground, yes it would be really good, but there would only be a small percentage buying it, and they need to do what they think is gonna bring in the most profit.

When Johnny's at the club, he obviously can do whatever the hell he wants. So it's a different story, different vibe.

I got it the day it came out. I like it. I don't thin it's his best CD he ever made. But still bangin. I like it a lot, the Baez song is hot. Love in Bombay is really good too. Drunkenmoney is good also. like 4-5 "mainstream vocals" are on there. But I don't see anything wrong with them. Those are great too. I say buy it. It's Vicious!