Clubplanet Nightlife Community

There was a time when some trance was awesome...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

vengaboys - Kiss (Airscape mix)

Simply the greatest club song ever.......... nothing will compare....

At exit, they'd kick on the snow, crank the lights, and drop the hammer... Too bad trance has been down hill since then...........

Got to pressure edgar V to drop it for me:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, there are other Airscape remixes which would top that one for me.

Here's a nice little list of my alltime favorite Epic Trance tunes (yes, a few of them are pretty recent):

1) Agnelli & Nelson “El Nino (Matt Darey Mix)â€

2) Scot Project “Overdrive (Arome Mix)â€

3) Major League “Wonderâ€

4) Vincent de Moor “Shamu (Armin Remix)â€

5) Shade On Grey “Moving On (DJ Astrid Remix)â€

6) Moogwai “Viola (Armin Remix)â€

7) Delerium “Silence (Airscape Remix)â€

8) Yoji Biomehanika “A Theme From Bangniglobe (Ferry Corsten Remix)â€

9) Jurgen Vries “The Themeâ€

10) Bedrock “Heaven Scentâ€

11) Binary Finary – 1998

12) Mat Silver vs. Tony Burt “The Perfect Waveâ€

13) System F “Exhaleâ€

14) Chac “7 Yearsâ€

15) Signum “Second Waveâ€

16) Talla 2XLC “World In My Eyes (Cosmic Gate Remix)â€

17) Lost Tribe “Game Masterâ€

18) Push “Strange Worldâ€

19) Stray Dog “Mirror (Signum Remix)â€

20) CJ Bolland “The Prophetâ€

Guest saleen351

what about french kisses? and all the scot project tracks... word is hes comming back with new mixes...

THUNDER IN PARADISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Yeah, my favorite record right now is Scot Project "R (Rock)". I've known about it for a couple of months now, but it officially got released last week.

You're right, hi's remix of Nightclub's "French Kiss" is amazing (better than Lil Louis original version IMO), as was Beam Vs. Cyrus "Thunder In Paradise".

Can't forget about Hennes & Cold "The Second Trip" :)

your wrong mr.saleen.... yes I know any trance is toooooooooo much for you.:D but the future of trance is best exemplified in Gatecrasher Resident Transmissions,the CD mixed by Matt Hardwick in particular, is simply sickkkkkkkkkkk ! :) theres good trance out there , you just gotta open up your ears,and free your mind beotch ! :D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

your wrong mr.saleen.... yes I know any trance is toooooooooo much for you.:D but the future of trance is best exemplified in Gatecrasher Resident Transmissions,the CD mixed by Matt Hardwick in particular, is simply sickkkkkkkkkkk ! :) theres good trance out there , you just gotta open up your ears,and free your mind beotch ! :D

not in a million years, is anything as good as the old stuff..

any real trance fan will admit that..:idea:

Originally posted by saleen351

not in a million years, is anything as good as the old stuff..

any real trance fan will admit that..:idea:

ah yes sir, but any real music fan knows… you can appreciate and respect the old, but should also welcome and embrace the future. :tongue: or the music will cease to evolve. :idea:;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

ah yes sir, but any real music fan knows… you can appreciate and respect the old, but should also welcome and embrace the future. :tongue: or the music will cease to evolve. :idea:;)

i'd be more than happy to be stuck in the year 1997 forever when it comes to clubs and music:idea:

I love a lot of the older Trance, and the newer tunes too.

There's always been good and bad Trance (you can say the same thing about House music). There are also periods of time when the amount of good Trance product being released is better than at other times.

Here's an example for you:

Bad Trance (is this even Trance?)

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/13507.ram

Good Trance:

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/13891.ram

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/13606.ram

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/13845.ram

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/13505.ram

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/13321.ram

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/12193.ram

Saleen, IM a tranceaddict. And yes. the year of trance was 1998-1999 and part of 2000. Quality trance is what made that year and set a standard on the trance sound. Ever since, the trance music has either evolved or stayed that way in the epic/uplifting part.. but sometimes is just hard to top off the awesome years of trance. But if you know how to look for it, and open up your ears to the trance sound, you will find now a days songs that are absolutly just as awesome as those songs that came out back then. I think that the difference between now and then, was that all the songs, basically that came out were absolute quality and there was just quality everywhere. Now as Trance evolved with other sounds, and other soudns evolved using the trance sound.. its become commercialized in various ways.. with the help of Ian van Dahl and Dj sammy to jsut name a few. But quality producers are still producing the good sh*t .. I'll recommend you go buy the newest Gatecrasher comp. and the newest Godskitchen Direct comp. There is where trance is well represented. Wizardry.. aahh .. second wave by signum .. solarcoaster with its various remixes. and Paul van Dyk making such tunes as Nothing but You, and tiesto with its various newest remixes.. there;s no way to complain.:D

Airwave vs rising Star DCML Mix 8 36 long.

Human Beings, Cosmic Gate 5 57 long.

Miss Shiva, Dreams, Cosmic Gate Remix 7 20 long.

SoundLovers, Living in your head, Sunstar remix. 6 28 long.

On the Move, Barthezz, Dumonde Mix 6 09 long.

Marc Et Claude, I need your loving 7 13

Nightmare Walkin, Tranzworld Webster Hall, 6 03 long

Voodoo and Serano, Blood is Pumping Club Mix 7 43 long.

Voodoo and Serano, Overload

Liberty, Moonshine. 5 17 long

DJ Snowman, And then they started to dance 7 24 long.

Hi Gate, caned and unable

Robert Miles, Fable

i must agree with saleen in the selection of thunder in paradise...that is one of the all time trance songs

people r forgetting classics like melt to the ocean exploration space...another one i enjoy alot is listen to me mama...scot project remix...some others are

angel of death

punk

and im operating on a major lack of sleep here but im gonna get some more names and post them later!!!!1

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by corinto

But isn't that relative to the age your were during that period in time???

Peace.

good point, and yes, you are right, and no, you are wrong. I was 18 in that year, with a fake id... I wasn't into the clubs at all that year, just every time I went it was off the hinges. Tsettos would destroy that dance floor, and NYC had it all, from techno at the limelight to house and my fav progressive house with tons of vox... Back then clubbing didn't feel like it was a second job, it was just right.. and if being right was relative to my age, so be it, gudio fist pumping began in NJ and will continue well past my club days.

I'm starting to enjoy not seeing the "saleen's official review of (insert name of club in miami)! Since his "I love Ft. Lauderdale" kick, door guys and lady bartenders on the beach and in downtown lives have been made easier. I pray Edgar never plays a frickin' Venga Boy track. And since when does The Saleen request trance music?

Originally posted by danwilson

Hi Gate, caned and unable

Oh man!!!!

that song ROCKED!!!!

if you dont think that was a great song....listen to Judge Jules set Live from Sundissential's 3rd birthday...it was the first live set i got that was in superb quality and made me dance my ASS OFF!! I remember leaving space after picotto performed and blared that in my soundsystem all the way home...felt like i was still at Space :D

it even made Trance Energy's album:hat:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by koky

saleen is slowwwwwwwwly coming back to trance ... ;) ;) we will be here waiting for you saleen :D :D

you'll be waiting a very long time;)