Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Horns, Do we need them?

milano

There are few times when I don't care about DJs using the horn.

Last night during Morillo's set, this dude kept on blowing it. Morillo would try to stop him, like "it's enough".

Do you guys dig DJs using them? How often, if ever?

Once I saw Bellini at Spin. He must have been a truck driver before being a DJ, or maybe he still is. He used that horn even to ask for another beer.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by digital7

THAT dude that was blowing the horn was Carmel ;)

and to answer the question.. I dont mind if the horn is used.. just as long as it's not excessive.. there's nothing worse than a horn drowning out the muzik :tongue:

I was referring to the tall black guy. Not Morillo (shorter):tongue::cool:

I love the horn...even though what d.j. frosty says is correct.The 1 at space is the 1 for me...ive heard some that sound like the aflac duck, and even worse....but it does need 2 b used correctly, iheard people totally butcher a song with the horn cuz they dont do it at the right time or they dont pull the string hard enough.. i havr lots of practice i bought 1 like the space 1, i have it in my garage with my d.j. system and when i throw parties people react to it very well...but once again u have to know how to do it, u can kill it......i think they should als o add a fire alarm like the loud bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Originally posted by sobeton

used discreetly it's kewl. I like when the dj builds up a track, then hits the horn right as, the hammer is being lowered. . focking sickkkkkkkkk!:):cool:

The Sobeton has spoken...let there be horn when the horn is supposed to be blown...if you blow it in a wrong moment...it basicly...blows!

peace

Funk :cool:

I think horns in clubs suck. always.

I am a snob though.

jb

p.s. if I was some tourist from the midwest on vacation in Miami for the first time, I'm sure the horn would be the wickedest (or what ever they say in Kansas) thing I ever heard. We're not in Kansas Toto.

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

I think horns in clubs suck. always.

I am a snob though.

jb

p.s. if I was some tourist from the midwest on vacation in Miami for the first time, I'm sure the horn would be the wickedest (or what ever they say in Kansas) thing I ever heard. We're not in Kansas Toto.

Gee whiz, that sure is a swell horn those guys got up there in the record playing balcony...pretty darn cool, knodamean?

...flash back...flash back...flash back...horn...horn...horn...baja beach club...baja beach club...nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :eek:

Originally posted by djfrosty

Horn rocks. Although only one I think is good is at Space. The rest of the ones I have heard are like bicycle horns. (beep beep)

Sirens are pretty decent when fired up at the right times.

The one at Spin, Spi, sounds pretty good but is too loud for me, when Acosta hit that horn you can't listen to anything else.

I think Edgar V is the man using it, he knows exactly when to do it, and also I like when he or whoever does the lights at SPACE add the stadium lights to that sound, is just sick...:direct:

i can't stand them.. perhaps because ariel, dt's light guy at arc is one of those horn happy individuals. i mean, u have to admit though, the crowd loves it.

i personally prefer the kyrogenex (sp?) but even that should only be used sparsely.

I've thought, real deep, about THIS post. Now that I've calmed down, thought about it, absorbed. I think if a horn was used once in a while it could be cool. I mean once in a while, once a month, when you don't expect it. Or if the crowd didn't need it to help them reach a peak. Like they were all gearing up a ready to scream as as soon as their vocals were ready to yelp out a scream and here was this blast that took them farther than they ever could have posibly expected. . . . OK I'm in fantasy land here.

Since it will never happen this way . . . horns suck!!!

definetely suck (unless above applies, which it doesn't here in Miami) gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Nitrogen too dave (just hate to pay the cost.)

Love the installer though, Yo Alejandro, my long lost bro!!!!!!!

(Damn I need to get in the utility business. Could you imagine selling the clubs something that they needed each and every weekend and you were the only person to give it to them. Is the energy drink biz tapped yet?)

Damn Red Bull

Horns can be cool and can add to the euphoria of a build up of a track, but unfortunataly the only time a DJ will get major feedback from a crowd is when they blow the damn thing, which leads to certain DJs overdoing it. I think the track/song itself should do that and people shouldn't have to depend on a damn horn or stadium lighting. I have DJed in South America and the crowd over there let the songs do the buildups, they give you feedback without all the horns/sirens.

I dislike horns when they are used sooooooo often ... in a UPS way ...

Music should build up ... and maybe in that special ... roof blowing peak be used ... solidly ... short enough to add to the natural build-up of music ...

Too many DJs use them to cover their lack of build-up ... or energy ...

I just wonder how a compilation cd would sound if they add a horn ... :confused::hat:

Originally posted by vipnerd

I dislike horns when they are used sooooooo often ... in a UPS way ...

Music should build up ... and maybe in that special ... roof blowing peak be used ... solidly ... short enough to add to the natural build-up of music ...

Too many DJs use them to cover their lack of build-up ... or energy ...

I just wonder how a compilation cd would sound if they add a horn ... :confused::hat:

Good point VIP! ...If you can't build up the crowd with the decks and tracks alone...bring in the horns, the lions and the contorsionist midgets!