Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do You Believe in Fate?

Originally posted by Codica3

Or do you believe we can control our destinies?

I believe in a little bit of both, if that makes any sense....sometimes things are just right and seems like they were meant to be, but that still doesn't mean you don't have to put an effort into them ;)

Originally posted by elementx

I think I believe in it to a point. I mean as stated in

" Fools Rush In "

Quote " You just have to follow the signs "

OMG that movie makes me so emotional.

That part where the priest says, Signs are everywhere, you just have to pay attention.

Originally posted by Mystify22

I believe in fate....but that one line from Can't Hardly Wait says it perfectly... something like "Fate only brings you so far, once you're there, it's up to you to make it happen"

Yes and No.. if something is REALLY REALLY meant to be, I think that it'll happen.

If its fate, it doesn't just take you to a point then drop you on your ass.. it takes you to where you are supposed to end up.

Or at least I think it should.

Normally I'd be to lazy to click on the links but i've been thinking ALOT tonight and wanted to read your input on this.

Interesting point on saying if you believe in God can you also believe in fate.. I think of fate as God's gameplan, a blueprint already written.. therefore You can't change it.

:)

Some of the stuff you posted made me think of the Celestine Prophecy, as far as people you are supposed to meet, etc....Did you even read it??? :confused:

Originally posted by deeelite1

What is that.. I want to read now.

:(

It is so interesting....I haven't read it in years, though. It's a fictional story, yet it has all these different elements about how when you run into people they are meant to help you/tell you something, etc. Like every event has a certain connection...It has some really interesting concepts, I have to buy it and reread it now!! :)

Originally posted by browneyedqt

It is so interesting....I haven't read it in years, though. It's a fictional story, yet it has all these different elements about how when you run into people they are meant to help you/tell you something, etc. Like every event has a certain connection...It has some really interesting concepts, I have to buy it and reread it now!! :)

I just got an email the other day that is similar to this.. I have to hunt it down at work and post it. Its too long to remember.

But I think that everyone comes into your life for a reason and has something to offer to you whether its bad or good.

Whether its a lifelong relationship, or someone that you let yield in front of you while your driving everyone serves a purpose somehow.

Originally posted by deeelite1

I just got an email the other day that is similar to this.. I have to hunt it down at work and post it. Its too long to remember.

But I think that everyone comes into your life for a reason and has something to offer to you whether its bad or good.

Whether its a lifelong relationship, or someone that you let yield in front of you while your driving everyone serves a purpose somehow.

You would like this book then. It goes by the idea that you can be on some random street in another country and run into someone you know, it explains that such events like this are meant to influence your life in someway....it's crazy to think that everyone we run into can influence us in someway, but I absolutely agree with you...

Some of the stuff you posted made me think of the Celestine Prophecy, as far as people you are supposed to meet, etc....Did you even read it??? :confused:

no, im sorry i am not familiar... what is it and whats it about???

I read that book last year and I am trying to find the 2nd book to read it...It is such an AMAZING book and I never looked at any situation the same again. The first four life lessons were the most interesting I think...have u read it?? If yuou ahvent YOU MUST...its unbelievable, it just makes u look at life in a different light

Originally posted by dgmodel

no, im sorry i am not familiar... what is it and whats it about???

I talked a little bit about it further on in the post...you should read it, by reading your posts about fate it seems like something that would interest you :)

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

I read that book last year and I am trying to find the 2nd book to read it...It is such an AMAZING book and I never looked at any situation the same again. The first four life lessons were the most interesting I think...have u read it?? If yuou ahvent YOU MUST...its unbelievable, it just makes u look at life in a different light

Yah I read it like 6 or 7 years ago and it has stuck with me since then. So much of it really made you sit back and think....I have to reread it soon...

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

BTW...you think Eric Nies will come back and ask for Joe's list??? :tongue:;)

Originally posted by dgmodel

actually its kind of funny i am going to barnes and knobles tomorrow... so i think i might pick it up... the actual title is celestine prophecy and by who???

Get it and let me know what you think of it when you finish it :) It's The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield...:D