Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Spi Review With Stryke/confucius/ Sean!!!!

spacecadet888

ok first things first...i get there at around11:20....notice at the door that they have a mini id scanner (lol that made my day) swiped my id..let me and my friend aj in and since we had our comps...awaaaay we went :D

lets see:

Stryke- wasnt there for his initial set...but i will say that he went on again at the request of (maybe) Spi and let me tell you that that was the BEST decision they made...Stryke tore it up! saw greg when i got there...we had a good little chat...and heard him rock the place...Joined David Alexander and Kaenow after they left Rain and Maze (heard the place was packed???) in the DJ booth...dude...your setup for mixing is amazing! you truly are an artist

Hector/Tom- These were the brains behind the operation with getting the talen there...wow...great people...hectore chatted with me for a bit...invited me to his table and drank with my and my friend aj....straight up people...i like that. Tom couldnt join us cause he was at the door...but he still had a good attitude about even the snotties people coming in...cool guy in my book.

Confucius aka David: wow this guy threw down...he was a bit pissed that it wasnt as PACKD but the club was DEFINITELY not empty when i left...at like 4-5 am. STryke introduced me and i walked into the dj booth to a cool as hell guy with a smile on his face and a record in his hand making the crowd go wild...i hope to see him again soon at another club...Rabbit in the Moon kicks Ass!!!

Meng AKA Sean- Great meeting you...you truly deserve being part of Cooljunkie...they will take you far...and im sure so will those around you...when you surround yourself with good people...great things happen.

Anyways....

hey Greg..what was that Depeche Mode song again?

Ivanno played it once but layered you gotta believe on it...sounded awesome.

and yes...we have to go back to VIP and have a few more drinks!!!! hahahaha....hope my friend AJ wasnt too much of a pushover in the booth! he used to see you perform WAAAY back in the day and he told me how much of an honor it was to be next to you in the dj booth...you made his day!

and THANK YOU FOR PLAYING DARK BEAT (ONGAKU REMIX!!!)

Cant wait till you play again...

SpaceCadet888

*soon to be....SpiCadet???? :confused:

hahaha peace!!! :hat:

PS- damn...would u believe it? im wide awake and freaking jammin at 5 in the morning!! :tongue:

Greg played a great warmup set for Dave nice bouncy progressive and even some light techno. Knights of the Jaguar anyone?

However it was all about walking into that place at 3.15am and hearing the what was coming out of those speakers. Techno was alive and well in Miami and it seems people were diggin it. Greg totally rocked it and 'didn't suck' :) .. He played more records than I care to remember, only thing I do remember is dancin like a maniac on the dancefloor goin up stairs and takin a breath or two and then comin back down. Favorite thing of the night mustve been hearing French Kiss and Spastiik. I wish there would've been more people at the end but you know how it is. Greg it seems some people do listen to techno. :)

Roll on next week!

Guest saleen351

track of the night was .99 by koening cylinders...:eek: :eek:

greg was amazing,, his mixing is the best in florida...

Can't wait till he starts neve...

big ups to spi, once again that club had their shit in gear........

Got to SPI like @ 11 to check out SEAN aka MENG and was doing a real good I only got to see MENG spin once @ Candyland and wanted to check him out again but this time it was better,obiviously cause he was in a real club and everything sounded just great,good job meng.Laters had to run off to RAIN to check out some other locals JIMMY T and RALPH, but laters come back to see conf.. spin and for the little I herd it was good.Then Stryke just came in and tore the place apart heart pounding beats one after another.Had a great time

Hi all,

thanks so much to all of you who came out to support last nite. Thanks to Sean and Dave, who both gave great sets! A very big thank you to my PA Tony (most of you know him as Fatony) whom I don't pay enough. And a big thank you to Angel @ Spi for making it happen. This was a nice return home. As far as me not taking the residency at Nerve, I have to keep my mouth quiet for a bit. If not, I may say some things I don't mean. When it comes down to it, I have to stand beside the music I hold dear to my heart. This is a case where I have to choose passion over plitics and giving in. I do wish Nerve the best of luck. The venue is looking amazing, and I know the sound is going to be top notch. I will fill everyone in soon on what happened. I hold no grudges, nor do I wish to start a bashing war. Anyway, thanks again to all of you who continue to support me in South Florida. It makes me proud to say I'm from Miami!

paz,

Stryke

Guest saleen351

well, last night, I thought maybe they'd give you fridays at spi, and you turned down nerve. but I was told weeks ago that after the wmc that fridays at spi will go to hip hop, so it didn't make sense...

anyways, it kinda sounds, like they didn't want techno...

I really think you fit in perfect at spi, I actually like that club now...

anyways, thanks for letting that broad in the booth to get a pic with you. Shes from a very tiny town in NC so it was kinda big for her... I'll post the pic when she emails it to us...

I would have came down to say hello, but I was just in amazement of your skills, and just wanted to watch and listen..

ps was that the selway mix of 99.9?

Yeah, that was actually the first time I ever saw Stryke and I went just to see what the commotion was about. Needless to say even that much hype hardly did the man justice. I loved the pace of his set and how hard the bass hit. Very nice, Mr. Styrke! I like his attitude because he looks like he is just having a ball up there in the both. Needless to say, I think I will make it out to more Stryke events from here on out

HaHa you should have seen my friend AJ in the booth with Stryke! we were in the Vip booth next to the dj booth and he tried to get on top of one of those padded stools to tell greg that he rocks and fell flat on his ass!!! hahahaha

Greg..im gonna email u my address and PM it just in case... :D take care bro!

cant wait for Miami vs. Detroit @ WMC where ur playin next!

Ps- its sad Spi is going the way of the hiphop when they could have you on fridays...*sigh*

SpaceCadet :hat: