Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Progressive House????

obby

Been visiting many of the clubs here in Miami for many years now and I still notice that impressive Progressive House is pretty hard to find considering that most clubs are providing more of the deep side and the loungey side of house.

Although many of the clubs advertise Progressive in the "side room" or the "back room" or the "main room", I have yet to hear true Progressive House in these places. It usually takes special events or conferences such as WMC to book such sounds. WHY?

Is Miami confused when it comes to defining PROGRESSIVE? Is PROGRESSIVE HOUSE old news?

Just thought I would comment to get some respectable feed back from some of the respectable members here who take such post in a positive way and actually have interesting and meaningful feedback.

Peace,

Obby

attachment.php?postid=1316686

I was into progressive like a 1 1/2 years ago. I personally got bored of it. I still like it but it has to be in moderation. I pretty much feel the same way about trance. Sometimes I'm in mood for these genres, it's just not that often anymore.

deephouse and techhouse are my favs right now.

Any Genre can become somewhat boring when saturated with the same sounds. That's why I feel that mixing many "related" genres together and still making it sound like one in whole helps to avoid that situation

Don't you think?

Originally posted by obby

Any Genre can become somewhat boring when saturated with the same sounds. That's why I feel that mixing many "related" genres together and still making it sound like one in whole helps to avoid that situation

Don't you think?

Agree w/u Obby ...... :hat:

come by rain this friday for my birthday party.......... Mike hiratzka and I will provide you with some progressive bliss (no pun intended) actually, I have some new proggy classics but also intend too dust off some of the old school progressive bombs from the glory days... hope too see you all friday - it should be a blast......

Rather than suggesting why not just supply. All my newer vinyl's have been converted to MP3 and can be download from me directly by using a file sharing software such as MSN Messenger and AOL Messenger. Just add my screen name to your buddy list and send me me a request.

MSN Screen Name Put_U_N_A_Trance@hotmail.com

AOL Screen Name Put U N A Trance

I usually post reviews of some of the new tracks that I land that tend to leave me impressed and those postings can be found here on CP. They are titled "SOTU UNDERGROUND UPDATE"

Check those postings and you will see what has be getting my attention and why. Sound samples can be found as well.

Here is a quick list of what has been in the front of my crate these days. Some may be old as well as new but they still seem to find themselves in the front of my batch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holden and Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix)

Lamb - Gorecki (Bill Hamel Remix)

Lamb - Gabriel (Bill Hamel Remix)

Grat Area - One For The Road (Break Mix)

Highland - No Way Out (Disc One)

Liquid People VS Talk Talk - It's My Life (Underground remix)

Infusion - Legacy (Junkie XL Remix)

Andy Hunter - Amazing (Brother Brown Remix)

The Clinic - Lay It Down (DJ Who Remix)

Sam Mollison - Words (Medway Remix)

attachment.php?postid=1316686

thats your newer playlist?? most of that stuff is more than a yr old.. get in touch man.. I will get you on a good mailing list or point you in the direction of some good shops that will ship too you.... wicked stuff on the list but all older...

Let me highlite for you what I wrote at the end. You may have missed it.

"Here is a quick list of what has been in the front of my crate these days. Some may be old as well as new but they still seem to find themselves in the front of my batch."

Key words:

"Some may be old as well as new but they still seem to find themselves in the front of my batch."

Peace

Didn't take it in a bad way my friend.

Just because something is new does not mean that it is good.

I am sure you can agree to the fact that Electronic Dance Music has it's dry spells which is usually the time of the year where I tend to lose weight.

he he

Peace

That would be a great topic to post a new thread on

Hint hint

JC Bliss,

I plan on being there on Friday. Not only to wish you a happy B Day but to check out Jimmy T who is a good friend.

I am also looking forward to the BLISS sounds which are always nice to hear.

Peace

Guest saleen351

ummmmmmmmmmmm where have you losers been. house and what ever deep funky house is just trash... Trance isn't even music, just repetitive noise...

tribal build into progressive with vox and classics is where its at... house if for 11-1am.....

I thought ralph falcon had a really nice track seletion last week. I wish he would spin with og, there is a lot of shit og won't play:mad: I really enjoyed blisses set as well. Jimmy is my man, but i've never liked his style, which is fine, but i still support.. :) Too housey for me...

I was gonna put a thread up about styrke but I felt if I did it would kinda seem like I speak for him. Anyways, its time maze or space hires the guy. Spi should rotate him and acosta...:idea:

Originally posted by saleen351

ummmmmmmmmmmm where have you losers been. house and what ever deep funky house is just trash... Trance isn't even music, just repetitive noise...

tribal build into progressive with vox and classics is where its at... house if for 11-1am.....

what the fawk???:confused:

yes ill have an order of progressive trance with a side order of drum and house into a breakbeat with a filtered twist!!! and some disco funk for dessert!!!