Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is constant bickering in a relationship healthy?

sassa

say you're just hanging out and some touchy topic comes up...and you bicker, and leave in a foul mood...

and this happens somewhat often...maybe like twice a week....is is healthy? i heard somewhere it was healthy to fight in a relationship, but are there limits and certain ways that are and aren't good...

if i don't make any sense, just say so...not sure how to quite say what i mean....

Originally posted by sassa

say you're just hanging out and some touchy topic comes up...and you bicker, and leave in a foul mood...

and this happens somewhat often...maybe like twice a week....is is healthy? i heard somewhere it was healthy to fight in a relationship, but are there limits and certain ways that are and aren't good...

if i don't make any sense, just say so...not sure how to quite say what i mean....

I always thought a "healthy" relationship consited of frequent bickering.....THAT IS SO NOT TRUE......A fight here & there of course is good for the relationship It's healthy imo.....But to fight constantly is no good which means the relationship won't/isn't working The bickering will probably only get worse over time if it's that frequent already

Its not healthy at all, because then it tends to lead up to other things (ie starting to really dislike the person) Fighting with a person you love every day is the hardest thing in the world but then it becomes easier to let them go. There's only so many times you can bang your head against the wall with this person.

And then you have to think about is it worth all this fighting? Why are we fighting? Do just the littlest things trigger it? This is when the relationship starts to loose its spark and you either need to let go or really make sure you and the other person are putting 110% into fixing it, cause if not your just hurting yourself

:(

ok, if i may...

i bicker with my friend a lot...but about things like politics, money, views of people and life....

but then, i have friends who are a couple who fight about shit like the fact that the guy is a bit better off and the girl isn't...she is wracked with guilt because he wants to pay for everything and she is too proud to take it...but still feels bad....

in my case, it's about things that are changable...people change their views regarding political things and etc with time...

but what about money? how do you deal with that...i think it's kind of touchy...and i would not want to be in that position myself...

random rambling....don't mind...just seeking different points of view on this...

Originally posted by phatman

...not healthy...if you're both being combative there's probably underlying issues...

I agree...arguing or haivng "heated discussions" are healthy once in a while, but if you spend you whole relationship or even a lot of the relationship fighting then there are issues at hand that go beyond what you are bickering about.

Originally posted by sassa

is it healthy? probably not

is it interesting? maybe

is it exciting? possibly

can it lead to hot steamy passionate sex? hell yeah

so fight away sassa

it might be healthy for ur sex life...

Originally posted by phatman

...not healthy...if you're both being combative there's probably underlying issues...

agreed.

as everyone else has already said...... its normal to disagree... but there are definitely limits.. what those limits are, only ur emotions can tell u.

i never fought with my girlfriends..up until my last relationship..it was just one big ass argument...a bunch of bullshit when i think back to it..wasted my time ....

so in general..no i dont think arguments r good in a relationship..cause if ur fightin all the time something aint right..and needs to be adressed