Clubplanet Nightlife Community

name-droppers and starfuckers

weyes

name-droppers and starfuckers disappointed.gif:no: .

a guy came into my store today (camera sales/photo lab) and had some rolls developed. when he picked them up, he felt the need to draw everyone's attention to who were in them. my co-workers and i were the only ones around - no other customers - but my co-workers were eating everything he said right up, so 2 people suited him fine, i think.

"do you know who this is?" he said, as he went from oversized picture to oversized picture (really, who prints entire rolls in 8x6?).

my co-workers lingered over, "he looks familiar..."s, and the guy cut them off every time.

"this is ____, he directed toy story 2. and this guy is the main sound designer for pixar. these are big people, really big people."

"wow..." said my co-workers.

it's just so disgusting and pathetic to me - people who need to brag about their momentary interaction with "important" people in order to feel validated sick.gif . they created the need for the phrase: get a life.

LOL... sad, but it only makes them look worse. If they need that kind of validation to make themselves feel bigger/better, I almost feel bad for them.

Speaking of celebs and such, last night I bumped into Seann William Scott (Stifler from American Pie) at the movies... he was alone, and I'm still kicking myself for not saying what's up. Sooooooooo hot... wanted to touch the hiney... hehehe. He's an awful actor, but he looks damn good in a tight white shirt. I don't normally get starstruck, but he's a cutie.

What gets me is those cheesy Hollywood parties... I got this invite for last weekend, but chose to go snowboarding instead. It's sad how all females are expected to be/act like whores at "industry" parties... and the fact so many so willingly do only perpetuates the trend. I'd rather be out on the slopes than be expected to wear next-to-nothing and slinking around arrogant execs.

Peace,

~kitten >^.^<

attachment.php?s=&postid=1367891

i hate people that do this....makes me sick...i think a great deal of people in cali are fake and superficial though...indeed, how it is portrayed on television and in the media..is how it is...especially southern cali...northern cali is different ...a bit more grounded...more real...but the south, especially LA (no offense, weyes) is so plastic...i only like LA to visit for a weekend or a week...but I would NEVER live there...

Originally posted by happykittn

...What gets me is those cheesy Hollywood parties... I got this invite for last weekend, but chose to go snowboarding instead. It's sad how all females are expected to be/act like whores at "industry" parties... and the fact so many so willingly do only perpetuates the trend. I'd rather be out on the slopes than be expected to wear next-to-nothing and slinking around arrogant execs.

Peace,

~kitten >^.^<

attachment.php?s=&postid=1367891

i hear you, kitten disappointed.gif . i don't understand how anyone expects an invite like that to draw in any females. i could see how that would make guys go, but what kind of girl would look at that and think, "that looks like a place where i am truly wanted!"? it makes no bones about it being purely about cramming in the t & a.

I thought a name-dropper was someone who drops a name to try to get something out of it. Like a free ride or somthing. I hate that shit. Don't get me wrong. Comps and what not are great. But I will not drop someones name like that. I normally try to meet up with them before hand and if they offer to comp then I take it. If not I will never ask. :D

Originally posted by elementx

I thought a name-dropper was someone who drops a name to try to get something out of it. Like a free ride or somthing...

yeah - the guy i'm talking about was trying to gain status, which, i think, is much sadder.

Conceit, more rich in matter than in words, brags of his substance: they are but beggars who can count their worth.

~ William Shakespeare ~

sad fact...

the ones that dont brag probably know everyone, they're just chill about it

Originally posted by weyes

or they know that "everyone" doesn't solely consist of celebrities :rolleyes: .

even the REAL movers and shakers are usually behind the scenes. I think the same holds true in any entertainment scene. Those chicks at industry parties that don't hold out are sabatoging their careers, but then again, I'm convinced they just want to party and find some rich dude to sponge off of.

I love it he drops names of people that nobody cares about or would know by name.

Welcome to LA if you don't like it leave. There is a hell of a lot of people out here that think they matter. There are also a lot of stupid people out here. It's superficial, catty and cheesy. The city is build on movies and TV, it's all make believe so of course there isn't much depth to it. Once you get past that and see where you fit, it's great.