Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey was Baez really that good at Tunnel.....--OR------>

there was music at tunnel? ;) JK. i agree with jaysea, tunnel was never a musical draw to me. though in the time junior was there. he turned it out.

btw.. i did think eddie played pretty well at the hacienda friday parties at tunnel.

dami

Originally posted by djcrl69

I gots some good memories from that place...

I can't tell you how many times I was sitting on a speaker at 830 'watching' the music and wondering what I was doing with my life.

Wild times.

i miss walking up those stairs going up to the cold room, turning around and seeing 7,000 kids Crammed into this Building that looks like a subway station, u could even kinda guess where the old tracks use to be an shit,

and then sitting up-stairs in the "OLD" Vip room, doing alot of COKE, i mean ALOT,

Then coming down at 9am, and having a apanic attack, and wanting to die, cause i had been awake for 5 days!

> im alot happier now, LOL

oly>

He was good, but generic... didn't really have his own style. Then again, it's the same with Danny when he was at the Tunnel... he wasn't able to play "his" music, he needed to appeal to a broader audience, and lure all those party people in weekend after weekend. Call it artistic compromise, if you will.

Originally posted by jaysea

i miss walking up those stairs going up to the cold room, turning around and seeing 7,000 kids Crammed into this Building that looks like a subway station, u could even kinda guess where the old tracks use to be an shit,

and then sitting up-stairs in the "OLD" Vip room, doing alot of COKE, i mean ALOT,

Then coming down at 9am, and having a apanic attack, and wanting to die, cause i had been awake for 5 days!

> im alot happier now, LOL

oly>

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5 Days! Yeah, that's what Tunnel was all about.

That's really funny.

Originally posted by jaysea

oly>

FLASH BACKS...

And IMO Tunnel was only good for D-TOUR... Placed was packed to the balls and DANNY Turned it out every time... :)

For all other DJs that opened for him was usually my time to walk around the place and meet up with people. But when DT came on I normally didn't leave the main floor.

Originally posted by mattm2o

Did someone say "D-TOUR"

(As I put Tourism in my cd player)

I Remember alot of of the "other residents" too!

Mike Macaluso

Johnny Vicious

and one of my personal favorites

Justin Time

GU - Athens always brings me back to D-TOUR days...

Originally posted by mattm2o

Did someone say "D-TOUR"

(As I put Tourism in my cd player)

I Remember alot of of the "other residents" too!

Mike Macaluso

Johnny Vicious

and one of my personal favorites

Justin Time

yeah, but those guys (with the exception of I guess JV who was there for a while) weren't there that much.

Justin Time played NYE one year though, good for him, and I never knew that Mike Mac spun there, it must have been towards the end.

But one of the saddest things was to go back after the closing and see the place practically empty. It was weird and depressing, and it was obvious the circus had moved on.

Originally posted by bassboy

Was it just all those fucking pills I was munching at the time?

On 2.5 hits even the Bejees sound great.

I loved that music, all the Plasmic Honey, etc. and now I listen to it and I'm like WHOA....

i heard baez a few months back at a small afterparty... his mixing was flawless as far as i could tell...

but i'm not a fan of a vinyl he put out recently... sounds like pure cheese to me

Like 'Without You,' or even more recent? I am living in DC right now, and when I walk into the record store and ask for any NYC DJ's, they basically only know Junior and DT, and I guess Vicious.

What vinyl has he put out lately, maybe I'll order it online.

Originally posted by bassboy

Like 'Without You,' or even more recent? I am living in DC right now, and when I walk into the record store and ask for any NYC DJ's, they basically only know Junior and DT, and I guess Vicious.

What vinyl has he put out lately, maybe I'll order it online.

I honestly cannot remember the title... next time I see it i will post the name of the track:)

:eek: I never liked the music at the tunnel. I couldnt figure out why my friends liked going there so much. They always told me about all these secret rooms and i wondered where they were. Then i realized that i was too fucked up to ever move when i was there. Funny thing was, after poppin 4 pills, i was the most coherent of all my friends who would only pop 1 or 1 1/2 max. Those were the days.

Originally posted by neptune1

I honestly cannot remember the title... next time I see it i will post the name of the track:)

Actually, Baez has a new track on JV's new CD. He also has a CD full of new artists coming out very shortly. He is actually on the cover story of the homepage of Clubplanet if you want to read it.