Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Satellite!!!

... I know what yer sayin dude..I've gotten the same 'double inventory' song and dance too.. I mean, I still patronize the store, but you'd think in this day and age of computerized inventory tracking that they'd have everyone store, warehouse, everything on the same page...:(...

yeah... i keep hearing bad shit about them...

justin ordered some shit online... gets the email that says its ready for pickup... he goes there and its not there... then the guy gives him attitude as if he showed up early or something... wtf?

so justin had to wait there like 4 hours for it to showup... fuck that... i'd shop somewhere else...

...I usually just copy the names of the songs I want then go diving through the bins..Aside from the issues (and there have been a few), I always seem to come out of that store with shit I really want and like...For that, I'll give them credit...I usually find about 70 percent of the shit I find on the site in teh store..Then I end up buying 2 others that I didn't even know they had but I wanted...

...So, its a little salt with your sugar.... I'll deal..

...If I had the talent tho..I'd pitch them a redesign of that inventory system..I'd have everything instant.. You'd know what bin everything was in too so finding shit in the archive would be easy..

ok so iam not defending them, but most retail companies do run/manage their retail store busines differently than their online/direct business. Its a complete different division/company and each are run indepently. THey probably do have separate inventory systems for store vs web (bc these businesses are managed differently on how you buy and replenish for each ) they can probably afford to offer online discounts, bc they are making up for the margin in the shipping and handling costs.

from a customer service perspective though, yes i would think that they would give you the credit.

The only problem I've had with Satellite is the shipping time. Just this week I had ordered records from satellite and dotvinyl.com in england... Had both shipped the same way Fedex and got the items from England 2 days before Satellite... WTF were they doing for those two days. Plus the fedex tracking id they gave me didn't work....

It also pisses me off when they say it's in stock on the website, I order it and then the next day I get an e-mail that it's not in stock... I'd say this has happened every other time I've ordered from them.....

Guest funkysoul
Originally posted by rich4468

So last week I'm perusing what's left in the store and actually find 2 records that I liked and bought them.

The next day I'm poking around on their site and come across the same titles. Except that on their website one is half off and the other is a third off.

So I email them and ask them if it would be possible to grant me a credit given that they were offering the same title at a reduced price and that it's only reasonable that I would want the record at that price.

Well, I get some bullshit email back from them explaining that they have 2 different inventories and if they've got a surplus on the website, a record might be on sale when it's not on sale in the store. And they also made some lame comment that Tower & Virgin do the same thing.

I replied "I really don't care about that. I'd really like you to give me a credit for the difference. I'd think that my continued patronage would be worth less than $10, no?".

Am I wrong here? I mean... I think that Tower and Virgin would give me a store credit in a heartbeat if I showed them a difference in prices between their website and physical store. Granted, some stores offer "web only specials" but I don't think this is the case here when I can order records to be picked up at the store any time I want.

I don't know... it's not as if I don't have enough reasons to not go in there... they're just making it alot harder to decide to make the trip, especially when I'm sure I'll walk out empty handed any more.

triumph.jpg

SUE THEIR FUCKING ASSES MAN!!

THEY CAN GO SUCK ON FUCKING DOGGIE DOO DOO!!