Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Random Compliments

phatman

Like Them?

Give Them?

Question Them?

I always give sincere compliments when I get the urge. Last night, this girl bartender threw one my way mid-conversation. Considering the timing of it and the context, I know she wasnt trying to work it for the $$. I didnt even notice it until this morning, but now that I do, it was rather refreshing.

Anyone give a shit to discuss?

this one guy here always compliments me he calls me dollface and bella fache (sp) or something when he sees me... he is the same guy who got me a tv. he also got me a bagel this morning. :D i think it is cute but on the other hand it is kinda annoying because he must want something.

Originally posted by solbeam

I tend to give them a lot but I hate receiving compliments. Call me weird but I always feel like there is an insult somewhere between the lines. LOL, Im always waiting for the "but..." to follow...

:laugh: I'm the same.....I always compliment other people.....But I sure as hell can't take a compliment.....I constantly think it's really meant to be an insult in some way

i give compiments when i mean them, or at the appropriate time

but i dont take compliments well, not because i take it as an insult...i dunno, i should just learn to say THANK YOU

the funniest is when people say something to you and you dont know what to say or how to take it..

"Oh, your hair got long"...what do u say?

Thanks?

Yeah I know, I've been meaning to get a haircut?

:laugh:

I like em to a certain degree, but like some of the other chica's said its hard for me to receive a compliment. Like I guess just saying Thanx is sufficient but then it gets awkard...

I like to give compliments as well it makes me feel good to make someone else smile for that moment:)

Originally posted by somebitch

this one guy here always compliments me he calls me dollface and bella fache (sp) or something when he sees me... he is the same guy who got me a tv. he also got me a bagel this morning. :D i think it is cute but on the other hand it is kinda annoying because he must want something.

Yup, that guy wants some ass alright

Originally posted by ou812

Yup, that guy wants somebitch ass alright

...after seeing what i saw the other night i can completely understand why...but now knowing kara a bit, i probably would have gotten her a Zen or some extra ram or a dvd burner....something of that sort...;)

I don't give out compliments that often... I don't think so anyway... but when I do they're always sincere. I'm ok with accepting compliments, but sometimes you just don't wanna hear it... sometimes people go overboard and it either makes you uncomfortable, it makes you doubt their sincerity, or it makes you wonder what they want from you.

Like, I don't need to hear from my coffee vendor, every damn morning, how nice my hair is, how pretty my eyes are, or anything like that! After awhile, it's just like, ENOUGH ALREADY! And today he said something about the beach, and me in a bikini... :shake: Weeeeeeird... I may need a new coffee guy soon.

Originally posted by tastyt

Like, I don't need to hear from my coffee vendor, every damn morning, how nice my hair is, how pretty my eyes are, or anything like that! After awhile, it's just like, ENOUGH ALREADY! And today he said something about the beach, and me in a bikini... :shake: Weeeeeeird... I may need a new coffee guy soon.

...damn...and he was probably just starting to make your coffee the right way....fuckin idiot...now he lost a customer AND a cutie to look at every morning...

Originally posted by tastyt

I don't give out compliments that often... I don't think so anyway... but when I do they're always sincere. I'm ok with accepting compliments, but sometimes you just don't wanna hear it... sometimes people go overboard and it either makes you uncomfortable, it makes you doubt their sincerity, or it makes you wonder what they want from you.

thats definitely creepy, he wants a piece of ass:tongue:

I agree when they go overboard it is annoying or to me it feels like they may have a hidden agenda

I don't like compliments from men off the streets like not to generalize, but from spanish guys specifically mexican . . . all they say is mira mira(sp?) psssssss, wtf is that:mad:

i usually just speak my mind.

when i like something, i say so. if i don´t like something, i say so too.

somehow that makes girls feel really insecure sometimes. just gotta love it when girls you know come up to you and ask you if they look good enough today :blown:

i always get a lot of compliments....or like this morning as i'm riding my bike to school..the endless number of truck drivers whistling and yelling hey mami...(assholes...)

i give them out when i know the person is feeling down or needs to hear it....compliments are a free, simple way to make someone's day....chances are, if you compliment someone they're going to remember it for the whole day....

even a smile sometimes.....is enough to make a person feel good....

funny, even though i say all this....i don't like getting compliments too much...in fact, i get uncomfortable....

I like getting compliments, Im not going to say I dont, but only when they are sincere..I can usually smell a bullshit artist from a mile aware & have good judgement in character, so I know who's sincere and who's just a kiss ass or fake..

I give compliments all the time, & if I see something I would like to compliment, I do w/out hesitating..I feel every1 likes one once in a while

If its something say Im proud of, & some1 compliments them, I wont question them ( i.e. I Have nice highlights & take nice care of my hair, so if some1 compliments it, I wont question them)

But if i've gotten no sleep & partied over the weekend & its Monday morning and someone goes "omg you look so niceeee" Im just like yeah alrightttt there buddy

Originally posted by sassa

LOL! well, no...i don't...it's a mountain bike....not a granny bike! :D

...ok...i just had a quick vision of you (faceless ofcourse) on this pink bike with the big v handle bars...with your books in the basket...and a cute helmet to match....perhaps even a little bell to ring...oh well...

Originally posted by phatman

...ok...i just had a quick vision of you (faceless ofcourse) on this pink bike with the big v handle bars...with your books in the basket...and a cute helmet to match....perhaps even a little bell to ring...oh well...

:laugh: that's so far from the truth....i have a men's 18-speed mountain bike (yeah, i'm not a man, so what, but i like it...) i ride it back to school which is 3 km...mainly for the workout....i got some abs going on now because of it...ahhh...and i don't buy any gas....just use my own inner energy....life is good...

but that's too girly...i'm more tough than that.