Clubplanet Nightlife Community

acosta leaves ultra pissed..refuses to play

sgtfury

Originally posted by sgtfury

when seeing that he is not playing on the main stage...he leaves without playing....

oh, how the mighty have fallen

I don't care how big you are... Spinning in front of the masses MUST always be considered an opportunity. And that is just pissin it away....

ok now i know why we were waiting to hear that fat fuck and never saw him. puh lease i liked the old shadow acosta. now el maricon swears he's tiesto or some bullshit like that. anyway's get off your high horse buckaroo. rabbit in the moon where amazing. edgar v rocked the house too i gotta show my boy some love, shit i was there in the space stage seeing him. ultra rocks.......even though i was sober the entire time... :flame:

I think that even though he's played large crowds, he sort of got the Miami jitters out there...remember Acosta helped create what the Miami scene is today and in his mind, he owns it.

Now, Rabbit On The Moon is a world class act...millions of records sold, worldwide distribution, collaborations with huge stars, videos on MTV2 and what not...George Acosta felt nervous and that's the way he reacted...he pulled a "prima donna" in the face of greatness...stop and think how many "b" stages has had to play Rabbit On The Moon to reach the global status they now enjoy. My point is that superstardom is not for everyone, it doesn't matter if you can play 6 decks at once with a hand tied to your back...superstardom lies in the combination of talent, charm and charisma...something, I'm afraid, Miami's own George Acosta has little or nothing.

I think he contracted diarreah and had to go poo poo. :constipa:

peace

Funk :cool:

Originally posted by lolahotass

who cares anyway. He sucks:blown:

Lola, I dont thin you know enough about music to make that statement, no matter what people says he is a gret DJ, producer, and Miami's scene owns a lot to him.

I post this because you said Paul Van Dyk sucks too, come on now.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ernextnation

Lola, I dont thin you know enough about music to make that statement, no matter what people says he is a gret DJ, producer, and Miami's scene owns a lot to him.

pvd does suck.... take the drugs away from the trance crowd, and you won't see too many at his events..:idea:

Originally posted by veryexoticnat

ok now i know why we were waiting to hear that fat fuck and never saw him. puh lease i liked the old shadow acosta. now el maricon swears he's tiesto or some bullshit like that. anyway's get off your high horse buckaroo. rabbit in the moon where amazing. edgar v rocked the house too i gotta show my boy some love, shit i was there in the space stage seeing him. ultra rocks.......even though i was sober the entire time... :flame:

EDGAR ROCKED THE HOUSE!#!@# I liked him better than PVD's set (which i only heard like 15 minutes of).. Definitely need to hear him play again soon.. I was in front of the stage the whole time too (had on a plain white shirt and green shorts incase u saw me) and sober as well and I had a great time.. Tiesto also rocked it.. Everybody was happy, especially him! He got on the mic and told us how much he loves Miami :D I hope he'll be back here soon..

Originally posted by ernextnation

Actually, I saw PvD at Space and he didn't do much for me... neither did George Acosta.

Go figure:rolleyes:

thats too bad the acosta didnt wana play at that stage. i guess he wanted it to be like last year. last year it was awesum, cuz it was on the main amphitheater stage and he played when it started getting dark- and they brought out these dancers and they did like a whole sex show. it was something unforgettable. i guess he was expecting to get that same gig. its not right what he did and he should've play regardless.

even if george acosta would've played the main stage, he probably would have been cut short by the fire marshalls.

the fact that the second stage literally cleared out after the most important set of the year (Rabbit in the Moon), clearly illustrates that his Miami following has diminished. i think he has a lot of talent, but tantrums like that make his fans resentful.

First of all, that is fucking rediculous. I am one of those fans that was waiting to see him. Even though he was not on the main stage, you gotta work with what you got. He totally killed the vibe for the rest of the night on that stage, nothing went right. They had to do a quick set up for whoever the hell played after rabbit, and then they set up the booth on the right of the stage. Picotto also got fucked on this deal as well. He only played for 30 minutes. I can see why Acosta would be pissed, considering he has been on the 'mainstage' for the past 3 years, but the addition of Underworld appaerently knocked him out this year. I actually wanted to give GA one more chance to show me he could still rock Ultra, after listening to set after set of shit for the past year. But now I'm done. Officially pissed off and retired GA fan.

(for the time being).

And why the hell was Picotto cut short? And who the hell put David Padilla in charge up there? Seriously, I should have just skipped that stage all together with the time I wasted, checking back to see what was going on.

Originally posted by chaos33

. Even though he was not on the main stage, you gotta work with what you got.

I agree. I played in a very very very very very very small "tent." @ Ultra yesterday. I was a bit upset when I got there. But, I stuck it out and played. And you know what? I'm glad I did. There are worse things in life than not playing the main stage. I'm glad I didn't give into my little inner temper tantrum. I would have let some people down if I did.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by stryke303

I agree. I played in a very very very very very very small "tent." @ Ultra yesterday. I was a bit upset when I got there. But, I stuck it out and played. And you know what? I'm glad I did. There are worse things in life than not playing the main stage. I'm glad I didn't give into my little inner temper tantrum. I would have let some people down if I did.

say the word greg, and we'll put a tent up in our backyard... You can rock that motherfucker:eek: :eek: :eek: We only need good beats, not great venues....

give us an update and any dates you are spining...

Originally posted by saleen351

pvd does suck.... take the drugs away from the trance crowd, and you won't see too many at his events

the same could be said about JP:tongue:

anyways....Acosta's ego always gets him in trouble...if he could get passed that he would have no problems...btw-- PVD still doesnt do shit to me...i even took Meli on Friday to Space to hear him...and she wanted to leave within minutes of hearing him...Tiesto and Edgar V are some of the few trance DJs i will go hear...

Edgar V doesnt need to take georges place.....i think in a shodown Edgar can take him....and i think Edgar has more fans.....aaannnnddddddd Edgar was just as instrumental as george in creating the scene down here...not to take anything away from george, but in the olden days Edgar was never to far behind george.