Clubplanet Nightlife Community

world wide opinion of space miami after WMC 2003

marick

just to show all you space miami heads, including you louis what the rest of the clubbing world thinks of you, your club, the way you run it and the way you treat your guests here are the opinions of clubbers from around the world that visited space during WMC 2003 taken from the most reconized, influential and respected global clubbing community out there. the global underground message board...

Author Comment

poopengineer

Nu-Breed

(3/24/03 4:51:19 pm)

Reply 70 Bucks for Deep Dish at Space

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We pull and the line is around the corner and it is $70 to get in. At least that is what they were yelling at the door. Was this party worth the wait and the rediculous cover-ive never heard of cover like that, even in Ibiza.

So we left and went to BED for some techo shenanigans with Richie Hawtin. No line, no cover, free drinks and a sick party. Richie Hawtin really bangs out, even though it was in a small venue like BED

So, just want to know how it was at space.

djstevegerrard

homunculus

(3/24/03 4:52:26 pm)

Reply Re: 70 Bucks for Deep Dish at Space

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard they were charging $100 at one stage.

p0rntonradio

GUser

(3/24/03 4:57:10 pm)

Re: 70 Bucks for Deep Dish at Space

weak

shanoIRL

GUser

(3/24/03 4:58:04 pm)

there good , but come one .....

no wonder the whole music scene is suffering and record sales are down , no one has the cash. Promoters need a kick up the arse

Kinsella

that's Mr Kinsella!

(3/24/03 5:06:28 pm)

we heard the $100 too.. there's no way you can justify that amount of money. sasha played that sunday gig for free as well so it didn't go on fees. BUT is it rumour or it is true?

Eric S Olson

GUser

(3/24/03 5:45:32 pm)

ezSupporter

If true, that's really sad...

GUser

(3/24/03 6:24:09 pm)

Those camel jockeys aren't worth $70..... good lord, who does Space think they are kidding??

gregip1

Nu-Breed

(3/24/03 6:26:50 pm)

Reply RE:

We got there around 1:30am and waited in line for like an hour and decided to leave....they were not letting anymore people in....its not worth $70 to be packed in like sardines. The next day.....my friends and I went there around 1:00pm and they were charging $60. That's an outrageous price for 1pm.....Even with the fact that the Closing Party was going on.

Greg Ip

simonpreston

Nu-Breed

(3/24/03 6:59:16 pm)

Reply Re: RE:

Thats disgusting!

70quid to listen to someone spin records?? You may as well stay at home and buy the tracks...

Simon Preston -http://www.simonpreston33.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

xodus

Nu-Breed

(3/24/03 9:23:36 pm)

This is somewhat related to what's already been said. I went on Thursday night for Sasha and Digweed and they were charging $50 to get in.

At about 5am, the place was so crowded wherever you were in the club is where you stayed. They were not letting people out of or into the main room unless you were leaving. IT even took some hard convincing for them to let me back in to pay my bar tab which I had started in the Front room!

tony estrada

Nu-Breed

(3/24/03 10:21:24 pm)

I went to sashaweed on thursday and was able to move around, even to the terrace, where sander k was tearing it up. I also went to the deep dish show and really got aggravated with the crowd. They were dropping some good tunes, but got so pissed with having to stop dancing to let cruisers by that I left at about 3:30am.

joeygk

Nu-Breed

(3/25/03 1:26:59 am)

Reply suck it

space sucked....there was a lot of good music but it was just way too expensive & way too crowded!

Jake Cepheus

GUser

(3/25/03 1:33:04 am)

Quote:

Those camel jockeys...

Bigotry is ugly.

Jake

www.1sound.com/jakecepheus

www.mp3.com/jakecepheus

skyraider01

Nu-Breed

(3/25/03 2:08:31 am)

Reply sad but true

they were in fact charging $100 to get in by 4 am. we had space passports and got in earlier, but my friend got there late and paid $100. that is disgusting, especially considering that deep dish's "marathon" set was less then spectacular. btw the old space had a much better vibe in my opinion.

christopher scott

Nu-Breed

(3/25/03 2:51:33 am)

Reply Re: sad but true

This 2 me was a lesson learned indeed. I bought 2 space passports just to avoid a possible headache. I walked around the building 3 times being mis directed on where to pick them up. To the bouncers it may have seemed fun but to me it was horrible. We finally get in around 2 am which is cool butt later realize the true late night experience would follow much later.

Like 6pm the following day at which that time I was resting for a drive home. Learn from your mistakes people. Ecspecially at that kind of cost. I know I did.

RobDowell

DJ Red ;)

(3/25/03 3:59:29 am)

Re: sad but true

i learned that lesson 2 years ago. i don't care how nice the new space is, the idea is the same.

Rob Dowell/Chroma

www.robdowell.com

dave dresden

Nu-Breed

(3/25/03 4:46:18 am)

space and it's treatment of its patrons this wmc is a good example for the reason the club scene is in a serious downturn right now.

greed is, has and will continue to kill off club culture.

no dj is worth 70 dollars - i dont care who they are.

- dave

Ivan James

dodgy wank

(3/25/03 4:46:56 am)

I said it before, and I will say it again. Space is everything that is wrong with clubbing.

Originally posted by marick

joeygk

Nu-Breed

(3/25/03 1:26:59 am)

Reply suck it

space sucked....there was a lot of good music but it was just way too expensive & way too crowded!

wtf is joey doing posting there? :laugh:

Originally posted by marick

just to show all you space miami heads, including you louis what the rest of the clubbing world thinks of you, your club, the way you run it and the way you treat your guests here are the opinions of clubbers from around the world that visited space during WMC 2003 taken from the most reconized, influential and respected global clubbing community out there. the global underground message board...

I said it before, and I will say it again. Space is everything that is wrong with clubbing.

"most recognized, influential and respected global clubbing community" are you freebasing f*cking Drano. Pleaseeeeeeeeee ! Space had problems.. which have already been beaten to death, by me in particular. Louis came on board and had, the decency to explain some of the problems. in that respect I think that’s pretty honorable. "Space is everything that is wrong with clubbing." go f*ck yourself .. you and pretentious little musical snobs over at Global Underground, represent everything the dance music scene is not about. bigotry and snob ness. next time buy the Space passport ;which was advertised for over a month, or better yet just stay the f*ck home, and grab a box of Kleenex.

90 percent of those people didn't even try to get in! Most of them were like "We saw the line and left," or "Someone told us it was xxx dollars to get in.."

Of the ten percent that did, one was a sucker and paid the 100 bucks to get in...LP himself said why he said 100 dollars it was to lessen the pressure on the door.

My response, as it was in the other threads, is ....it was conference, of course there's gonna be lines, crowds and high cover charges!

I was shooting during conference, and even on a press ticket, it still took me and a friend 45 minutes to get in on Thursday. Diego and Biz were kind enough to explain that the place was at capacity, according to the fire marshal who was standing 2 feet from us.

I'd like to tell those GU folk to go to space this Saturday...even if they pay at the door, I'm sure they will be in in 10 minutes or less.

Guest saleen351

listen up kiddies..

its pure Supply and demand.

Why don't you come down in june and pay nothing for your hotel and nothing to walk into the clubs and the drinks are cheap, deals on vip, same djs still come threw, less crowded and the beach is the bomb... but you come during the wmc and exspect summer time prices and treatment... I don't understand that.. Space doesn't give a fuck about you bennys... They have a week of massive parties and they try and earn as much dough as possible.. And rightly so... They gotta pay the mortgage some how...

the slow season is upon us now, things will be much different next week.. pluss they know the offcial saleen review is comming, and it will be posted on many websites...lol

I"m sure space could have handled some of the situations better, but any fucking stunad from jersey could tell you if, there is a line and its 4am and the line is 500 deep walk over to the beach. Yea Yea Yea, i don't want to hear you had a pass. You knew it was gonna be mobbed and you should have gotten there at 11pm...

Space has no obligation to the scene, its a business. The scene sucks cause clubs like crobar, maze, level, the beach all don't know what the fuck they are doing.... YOu all had choices, and you choose wrong.. Me, hog, dui, da jew, all never went out to space...

We drove by, saw the line, and knew it was gonna be a mess. Don't blame space, blame the lack of guido anthems.....

Originally posted by saleen351

listen up kiddies..

Why don't you come down in june and pay nothing for your hotel and nothing to walk into the clubs and the drinks are cheap, deals on vip, same djs still come threw, less crowded and the beach is the bomb... but you come during the wmc and exspect summer time prices and treatment... I don't understand that.. Space doesn't give a fuck about you bennys... They have a week of massive parties and they try and earn as much dough as possible.. And rightly so... They gotta pay the mortgage some how...

the slow season is upon us now, things will be much different next week.. pluss they know the offcial saleen review is comming, and it will be posted on many websites...lol

I"m sure space could have handled some of the situations better, but any fucking stunad from jersey could tell you if, there is a line and its 4am and the line is 500 deep walk over to the beach. Yea Yea Yea, i don't want to hear you had a pass. You knew it was gonna be mobbed and you should have gotten there at 11pm...

Space has no obligation to the scene, its a business. The scene sucks cause clubs like crobar, maze, level, the beach all don't know what the fuck they are doing.... YOu all had choices, and you choose wrong.. Me, hog, dui, da jew, all never went out to space...

We drove by, saw the line, and knew it was gonna be a mess. Don't blame space, blame the lack of guido anthems.....

:aright:

Originally posted by saleen351

listen up kiddies..

Add that the last 18 months have been terribly slow ... there aren't enough clubbers to carry a Friday nite ... so they gotta make as much cash when there is ...

Why don't this same people cry about hotel prices ... more than double for WMC week ... airfares ...

So ... if you want to see your biggest Djs during conference ... you will be packed as sardines ... to avoid paying higher prices ... buy your passport ... I'm sure that if LP sold 1000 passports for each nite ... he would had invested in more afterhours talent ...

The ceiling will probably be ... a real 24 hrs club ... all week long ... :hat:

Not only did they f*** everybody @ the door...but they never mind to adjust or fine tune the sound system on the main room.

For D.T. the sound system was perfect....but thursday and Sat night...it was TERRIBLE !!! it sounded moffled !!!

Thats an insult to the scene/clubbers and djs. I couldn't stand the main room...spent all night @ the terrace.

Props for the sound system @ the terrace. Amazing !

Louis: you are already a millionaire....dont abuse....$12 drinks??? please !!! plus tip???

You can charge $9 and $1 for the bartender. (still hurts ..but...)

BTW....I hope the staff keeps on being as friendly and cooperative as they were during this week. Thumbs up for the 2cents of management put in there.

Good luck on he new venue...and thanks for giving us so much talent.

like i said b4...space sucks...just happends to bring down great dj's..eventhough ive heard them tooooooooooooooo many times at space already.. the only reason they are busy is b/c the 24hrs of alchohol...they have no creativity...same shit over and over and over again...to top it off they over price everything in the dam club...$7 for water..wtf.. it cost a club 25 cents for a bottle, i know cause i worked for the company that sold it to them...and to charge that much @ the door is regoddamdicioulus...another thing i noticed about the club is that you never hear about the owner haning out and taking care of the people that support his club, unlike all the other clubs on the beach. owners should be more interactive with their clientel that way people feel good about going to the club and wanna go back..actually all u hear about lp is that he is a drill sargent rude,unfair,greedy, and that he just bans people from the club just cause they work at other clubs, ive also hear from many of employees that he treats most of them like shit. my personal opinion is that space wont make it this year...they are in a place that is too big...they probly are gonna open on fridays but i think that would be a wrong move their just gonna be empty, they dont have anything to offer..what r they gonna do? trance?...trance is dead... plus not to mention that now maze just singed ralph falcon & possibly stryke, why go to space and get treated like shit wen u can go to maze and get treated great, not to mention that maze would have the best dj line up in miami on a friday night and their prices are half of what space charges..or even crobar witch is always filled with pussy..good looking pussy too, not like space's tweaked out hialeah hoes.but those are my 2 cents.

i am also high so i hope this makes sense:laugh:

Every night I went to Space 34 during conference I had a spectacular time. My friends and I danced our feet off until our little hearts were content. It's a beautiful new space. The staff was really friendly and energetic. If they would've been cranky I wouldn't have blamed them though considering they were up for 24 hours straight some days during WMC with crackmonkeys trying to jump ropes. Everyone who is complaining about money, then stay home during WMC. You know prices are going to be higher then usual. The heat on the patio: um let's see of course it's hot we had a heat wave and if you can't take the heat get out of the patio. All the trivial complaints everyone has are things that don't even bother me when I'm having a great time. You should go out to forget about your problems not create more for yourself. I had some difficulty with the bathroom stall door not closing but I wedged some toilet paper in the door and it was fixed. Make the best of your experiences. Good luck to LP and Oscar G. today in Vegas! I know you guys will win. Congrats, on Dance Star!

words cannot explain how upset i am with the owners of space. raping the locals!!! fvck that!!! 70 - 100? get a fvcking life!!! BED and Nerve were for the mostpart free. i'm not saying i want to get in for free, but 70 bucks? :rolleyes::mad:

everyone please boycott space! i've been in the scene for over a decade and this is the lowest i've seen a club sink. thieves! that's not exceptable. you can't keep scamming newbies from hialeah that thinks space is cool for ever.

MAKES ME SICK!!!

Originally posted by dome1

words cannot explain how upset i am with the owners of space. raping the locals!!! fvck that!!! 70 - 100? get a fvcking life!!! BED and Nerve were for the mostpart free. i'm not saying i want to get in for free, but 70 bucks? :rolleyes::mad:

everyone please boycott space! i've been in the scene for over a decade and this is the lowest i've seen a club sink. thieves! that's not exceptable. you can't keep scamming newbies from hialeah that thinks space is cool for ever.

MAKES ME SICK!!!

Funny how hypocritical people such as yourself have spoken on how they have been in the club scene for over a decade and have not even given a new club that has been open about a week a chance.

First off...it was winter music conference....they brought not only some of the biggest but the most expensive dj's money can buy (short of Carl Cox...who did not make an Ultra appearance this year...might i add). And if you think there is a problem with the drinks...GO ACROSS THE STREET! get a lapdance...a few beers...get loose...and then go to space...pay 1$ for a cup of water and ur straight!:idea:

Secondly...this is not the only new club to open..and it certainly isnt the only alternative to the average club...any other person could go to Maze, Level, Rain, Oxygen, Crobar, Spiclub, Union (WMC), and such...and have a superb time...yet...they choose to be fools and pay 100 dollars because of the venue name and the dj's playing there, and then they GRIPE ABOUT IT!..If you want to get inside...and hear the dj's diego and luis and such bring in...thats their price...if you dont want to pay...DONT GO! they wont close down because one person like you boycotts space...because they will have 50 other suckers sucking people like stephans dick with a wad of 100 dollar bills in their hands BEGGING to go inside the new club!:idea:

Thirdly... Space brings in the people they know will pack the place...you can moan and grip ALL you want about it but it will do you no good because people like you will STILL pack the club paying 100 dollars a person to go see Picotto, Steve Lawler, Bad Boy Bill, Edgar V, Oscar G, Roland, Ivanno, Radamas, Tiesto, Lee Burridge, Bill Patrick, Judge Jules, Dj Dan, Danny Tennaglia, Trip Theory, SpaceMen, Oakenfold, Danny Daze, Sasha and Digweed, Deep Dish, Yoshitoshi, Paul Van Dyk, Dj Remy, Pete Lorimer, Robert Oleysyck, Olivier Berge, John Kelley, Brother Brown, Noel Sanger, Sander Kleinenberg, Jimmy Van M, Arman Van Buuren, Armand Van Helden, Sean Cusick, Randall Jones, James Zabiela, Three, Guy Ornadel, Dj Colette, Andy Hunter, Pete Tong, Seb Fontaine, BT, Tommie Sunshine, FC Kahuna, Gabriel and Dresden, Mync PRoject, Omid 16 B, MV, Christian Smith, Desyn Masiello, Behrouz, PQM, Andy Morris, Chus & Ceballos, Holmes Ives, Tarrentella, Martin Accorsi, Dave Seaman, Anthony Pappa, John Creamer, Taucher, Stryke, David Padilla, Sensei and David Coleman, Marco Carola, Hernan Cattaneo, Cedric Gervais, Luis Puig, Alex Gold, Westbam, Josh Wink, Scott Bond, Timo Maas, Nick Warren, Johnny Vicious, Darren Emerson, John OO' Fleming, MArio Piu, Dj Skribble, Icey, Keoki, Satoshi Tomeii, Peter HEller, 100% Isis, Tom Stephan, JP, Garfield, Jon Cowan, Danny Howells, Johan Gielen,...

Need i say more?

Dude...let it go.

Space is tops for a reason..and people pay 100 bux a person for a reason..it is the best...hands down. the numbers that fill the club, nor the dj's that play there...dont lie. and if you dont believe those dj's i mentioned have played there (which i still have left a slew out)...check out their main website...and their flyers from conference.

S-Cadet :D

Now..if i wasnt Jamaican...then why would i have this HAT..on my head????? :hat:

ATTN ATTN ALL CRY BABIES GET YOUR SPACE 34 PASSES FOR NEXT YEARS WMC TO AVOID ALL YOUR BITCHING!!!!!!!!! wtf do you guys decide to go to New Orleans in February for Mardigras and complain about how you cant drive for the reason that the streets are soooooo packed?!