Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Old people at clubs

i can't figure out why people always have to pass judgement on everyone/everything around them... its some whacky human flaw to quantify EVERYTHING into terms of "BETTER OR WORSE" people can't just do their own thing without someone throwing their 2 cents in....

shit, just take care of yourself, thats a fucking fulltime job in itself...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Xtreem

I would rather go out and see older people then witnessing the high school prom on Tina at 10 am and being carried out into an ambulance because they consumed too many G caps.

:D

so fuckin true i agree with this statement 100% especially after goin to pvd @ roxy or george acosta @ factory much rather chill with someone 30-40 than 15-18 anyday

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Hahahah not a chance.

For real, when I am 85, I want to be the new incarnation of the tap dancing dude... That guy gets free everything, and he doesn't give one half a fuck what anyone else thinks - he gets DOWN hahaha :D

As the old proverb says:

You're only as old as you feel! :)

Your right about that guy. He just doesn't care. And he always leaves early. He's at Centro every saturday. I give him alot of credit. Knowing everyone stares at him, he just does his thing. I don't mind seeing older people out, but its funny when you see 30+ people in an 18+ party.

The funniest thing about this thread is that "old" is defined as "over 30." Most people give up that train of thought by the time they reach 20. :laugh: :laugh:

And WTF? Maybe these "old" people don't want "children" at their parties- ever think of that one? :idea:

Ya gotta love CP...

:laugh2:

Guest funkysoul
Originally posted by robocock

Honestly do you guys get turned off when you see a bunch of old people(over 30) at clubs? i mean with all due respect do they have to party like younger people?

Turned off no...:rolleyes:

I dont remember the age over 30 being classified as old. :confused:

It doesnt matter how old you are.

You can have fun with anyone at any age. :D

Honestly do you guys get turned off when you see a bunch of old people(over 30) at clubs? i mean with all due respect do they have to party like younger people?

Are you going to care about everyone else around you when you are 30 and you are in the club? Dont think so. I say good for them if they can hang with the youngest of us!

Age is just a number

and here is my ultra stooopid analogy to prove it.

Look at a Turntable: you don't see 20rpms you don't see 25 rpms you see 33rpms and up!!!

so that goes to show you that even at the "Old" age of 30 (i'm 24), the repetetive beat is forever eternal.

I remember once when i first took my best friend to Tunnel, we were walking to the Main Floor, and chillin by the steps of the Dance floor, a group of 4 totally grey haired people, easily over 65 dancin and having a ball.

I have always been proud of our scene, and i've always said that this scene is the only scene were you could see college co-eds mixed with Transvestites, and homosexuals, and underage kids, with all races, ethnicities, and they would all be having a great time and not giving having a care in the world about those different then them.

You can't go to a HIp Hop club and experience that, you can't go to a rock club and experience that. Only in our scene can you find that.

Originally posted by daemoncel

Age is just a number

You can't go to a HIp Hop club and experience that, you can't go to a rock club and experience that. Only in our scene can you find that.

Thats the first thing that drew me to rave culture, besides the music...my first rave i was like, ive never seen so many kinds of people in one place having at it like this, although with commercialization some of that has dissapeared, but its still better than the alternatives

I don't normally post, but I definitely have something to say about this.

First - My best friend is 35, going on 36 this year. She is one of the most responsible people that I know, but she has no kids or husband. Should she be staying in on the week-ends or doing something that she doesn't enjoy just because she is a tad bit older than a stereotypical clubber? I think not. She can dance circles around most people - no matter what age. She loves the music (and I stress the music - not the drugs) - why the hell shouldn't she go out?

Second - Most of the DJs out there are older. I don't hear the person who started this thread talking shit on the DJs. Should they not be making or spinning music?

Third - I love the music. I am going out in my 20s, and damn straight I hope I can keep going out until my 50s. I give mad props to the people that can still hold their own on the dance floor.

The person who started this thread should really think before they write.

Stacie

Not if they're M.I.L.F.s

"Honestly do you guys get turned off when you see a bunch of old people(over 30) at clubs? i mean with all due respect do they have to party like younger people?"

...the more and more i read that quote, the more and more i feel it is one of the most ignorant statements i have ever read on this board....ever...

Originally posted by phatman

"Honestly do you guys get turned off when you see a bunch of old people(over 30) at clubs? i mean with all due respect do they have to party like younger people?"

...the more and more i read that quote, the more and more i feel it is one of the most ignorant statements i have ever read on this board....ever...

i don't know, i've seen some REALLY ignorant statements made on this board... but i'll definately say its in the top 5 :)

agreed... go home, go to a lounge, go elsewhere... i am 23 yrs old and i feel like i am too old for this ish and do not belong... seems the avg age in "commercial" clubs is 18-25... if youre 5yrs out of that bracket consider looking elsewhere... i know theres going to be a myriad posts after this saying thats effed up and blah, but its true in all seriousness if youre older than the older GET THE FUCK OUT~!!!

Its sad to say that I recently hit that age where some people classify me as being old... So I gave in to the change I felt I must take.

Now I dress more conservatively when I go out, with black suit and bowtie, Johnston & Murphy shoes and all, with my newly found fiance at my side wearing her pearl necklace and evening gown...we stroll to places like lincoln center for a relaxing night at the opera....and all my CD's have been replaced with classical music( Bach, Beethoven, Handel)...gave all my house, trance CDS to the Salvation Army.

And when house, trance, rave club kids, dressed in Baggy pants with pacifiers in mouths and hands pass by and happen to recognise me with my fiance and they point to me and say, " There goes that kid that dances like hes on E at the clubs, or there goes that Club camera dude, I turn my nose up and say to my fiance" :eek: :eek: I don't know those people, they're probably mistaking me for someone else,...just ignore em, let's go( and we hurriedly walk away from their presence)....

Thus, the realities of getting OLD!!!:(

WELL ive been clubbin for 6 yrs now and my knees are starting to suffer. With my danceathons of 8hrs straight dancin. My knees are gtign worn out i guess. I danc with knee braces now and i dont care if i have to invent THE CANE DANCE. im a music lover and this is just my choice of music that i love. I think someone else said this already but for some people its a PHASE for others its not. i actually do hope when im married with kids i could still have the enery to dance. im 22 yrsold now and when im 40 im still gonna be doin my mid air jump spin. Why cause i loe dancin to MY CHOICE of music. And fun doesnt stop at anyage.

Originally posted by dgmodel

agreed... go home, go to a lounge, go elsewhere... i am 23 yrs old and i feel like i am too old for this ish and do not belong... seems the avg age in "commercial" clubs is 18-25... if youre 5yrs out of that bracket consider looking elsewhere... i know theres going to be a myriad posts after this saying thats effed up and blah, but its true in all seriousness if youre older than the older GET THE FUCK OUT~!!!

...ok...that's the second most ignorant statement i have ever read on cp...ever...and considering the source, i am extremely disappointed...

am i wrong saying that the average age is 18-25??? (look at the avg. age on here) if you were to go to a house party and all the ppl there were 18-25 and youre 35 would you stay? would you even go? listen i am not saying this in bad way... i know this girl who is 35, and she clubs everynight, new place, new ppl blah etc... and she dates younger guys in their 20's to mid 20's... she has nothing in common with them, nothing to do with them, and more importantly she is downgrading out of her caste... the best part is when i have to listen to her afterwards tell me that theyre soooo immature, and sexually oriented blah... hypothetically speaking if i was fishing and i am only catching sunfish,but i want to catch trout, would i not change my location??? i know they way i worded it is crude, however i didnt have time to articulate what i wanted to say, more importantly how i wanted to say it... but in no way was i trying to make it a derogatory post... blah etc. and dont single me out and chastise me b/c of one single opinion, but the reverese is often said about me, and the places i go... i often go to "older" crowd places when i am only 23 myself and ppl do not find that approriate or i am out of my caste etc... but thats not even the issue, and we all are guilty at least once in our lives of saying "whoa look at her/him, isnt he a lil too old to be here" or "whoa look at her/him arent they a lil too old to be wearing that" whatever what do i know, maybe when i am older ill feel totally different... who knows... who cares... whos even reading this post anymore???