Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Smokeout?

i hear ya.. but i gues its a good thing...

in 2002 the 9th most dangerous / hazerdous job in america was Bartender.. crazy huh,

if they outlawed cigs, then it would be the new weed... the black market would be flowing with cigs..

Originally posted by joeg

man, i almost want to takeup smoking just to spite the ban...

fucking a... you give them an inch of our civil liberties... they'll take a mile...

we don't know that. i guess we'll see if that's the case.

but the point remains that smoking is an activity that directly and negatively impacts the people around you. the right to hurt others isn't a "civil liberty" in my opinion. to say "well you don't have to go to those places where people smoke" prioritizes people's right to harm others, rather than the other way around!

This weekend or next? im a displaced NY'er in philly & this just blows my mind. i cant imagine being mangled for hours on end without a ssmoke. Are they able to have a smoking area or some rooftop thingy? I was reading where some of the city's top restaurants may have hooked up bus's that travel around and wre fully appointed with lux interiors and after dinner drinks(legal?)

everyone stop driving their cars... its polluting my air...

if they want to pass some laws... just make the venue owners have proper ventilation...

I have no problem with non-smokers being able to enjoy a smoke-free environ... what rubs me the wrong way is that, NY state just passed a law that overrides the city law that excuses establishments with a provisional section for smokers/non. The common consensus is that, the smoking section (even with good ventilation) tends to have BS reasons..eg, some employees especially bartenders, complain f*****shly of their health risk !! WTF !!! You knew it was a smoking joint when you got hired. Party poopers !! Go work in a retiement home if you want extra clean air.

And besides, the smoking section is always where the fun is, its a fact.

Anyho, even if they totally outlaw it, I hope you health crusaders know Philip Morris is moving out of Manhattan by 2004. Lots of jobs are gonna be moving to Va along with it.

Enjoy your clean air while lining up at the unemployment line and sucking on govt subsidized cheese.

Thenx for wasting my precious minutes to type this:finger:

if they want to pass some laws... just make the venue owners have proper ventilation...

In Tokyo, the ventilation is so good that you can smoke everywhere. Literally, someone could be smoking at the table right next to you, and you wouldn't even know it....

Does anyone know how the smoking situation is going to work at Arc??? I'm sure they won't start allowing reentry.....are they going to make the arcade a smoking room, enclose the DJ booth in glass, and shut down the water stand in the back?? As far as I can tell, that (or to make VIP the smoking room) is pretty much the only way to do it....