Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm a little pissed....

i went to the techno party tonight, and fuckin 12393052496 people said they'd be there and were all like "ohh i haven't seen you in so long" and in reality, the only people i saw were the people i went with, and k-ris, rob, and despina.... none of which told me they were going....

so a big :finger: to all of you lame losers i was looking forward to seeing for the first time in months... :tongue:

and props to phonk.... i don't know why... but i'm F'd up x100, and i wanna give phonk some F'ing props.... :aright:

btw... as far as the party goes... (holy shit, i haven't written a review in ages.... but i had such a good night)

umm... synopsis... although they had to move venues last minute, they did a good job at keeping shit on point... the new venue wasn't even close to as big/cool as Luna... but shit happens... the party was still ok, the vibe was really really good, everyone was friendly x 100... and although the sound system was god F'ing awful (hey, i gotta be honest) i still had fun, and was happy to see a few faces i hadn't seen in ages...

after seeing this party, i think i shoudl probably stop slacking and checkout tronic at the sullivan room... i had some wierd subconcious problem about tronic at any other venue than baktun... lol...

Originally posted by joeg

oh, and now i'm even more pissed, cause apparently there was a handful of people there i really wanted to see and neither of us ever saw each other.... lol....

ahh F...

:laugh:

yeah, sorry about that, joe. i was indeed looking forward to see you! i don't know if you were there by the time we left (1:45 AMish) but the music was, IMO, intolerable.

maybe it got better later, but up until my departure all i heard was some pretty ugly electroclash (noise, noise, noise, and not many beats), electro that i wasn't really feeling (Nirvana remix, what?!), only smatterings of techno... not to mention the "band" upstairs with those guys in hats and dark glasses yelling into the microphones.

now, i don't know if that's what's "hot" these days, but i wasn't enjoying it... so i left and went home and went to sleep! :/

i hope it got better after that, for the sake of everyone who paid 20$ to get in! i wasn't too keen on the venue either; there was little room to dance upstairs, since it was basically a bar space with people coming and going from that little room in the back. the downstairs was a little better, but still kind of awkward. seemed like a place better suited to be an S+M dungeon, hehe.

i saw LM, Xpander, and Barvybe earlier... maybe they left too?

how was selway? did he play upstairs or downstairs?

Originally posted by wideskies

ACK! I was f'in marching around the venue trying to figure out where the hell you two were?! Figures you left. :tongue:

Yeah Beyer made it all better. It was DJ Hell that completely ruined the soundsystem for a good two-and-a-half hours. I don't know what happened to Selway though. I spent most of my time downstairs so it's entirely possible that he spun upstairs and I didn't know about it. Or he might have just now shown up, as DJs do. :laugh:

Anyways, barring all the crap that I won't mention; had me some good music (eventually), good company, and a good afterparty. Good times.

i went to the techno party tonight, and fuckin 12393052496 people said they'd be there and were all like "ohh i haven't seen you in so long" and in reality, the only people i saw were the people i went with, and k-ris, rob, and despina.... none of which told me they were going....

hey Joe did you finally find Justin? ;)

John Selway and Tommie Sunshine did a tag-team in the upstairs room...I really enjoyed their set although Sunshine wasn't as good as Selway[of course]...and yes, Adam Beyer did make the night all better...but good god the heat was awful downstairs...this party would've been 100x better at Lunatarium....

umm... synopsis... although they had to move venues last minute, they did a good job at keeping shit on point... the new venue wasn't even close to as big/cool as Luna... but shit happens... the party was still ok, the vibe was really really good, everyone was friendly x 100... and although the sound system was god F'ing awful (hey, i gotta be honest) i still had fun, and was happy to see a few faces i hadn't seen in ages...

WHAT?

first off, this party sucked

second off, this party sucked

tronic, what de fuuuck happened?

dont bill adam beyer as a headliner and then play electroclash for the entire nite. dont switch the venue, and completely fuck up the sound on both floors. don't pack us in when it was quite apparent the venue couldnt hold the crowd. I couldnt fuckin move downstairs, let alone even think about dancing.

and the crowd was a whole diff. story...never saw so many scenesters in my life, but thats dumbo for yah! and why the hell was there so much whistling going on. by the time beyer went on, the sound system was sooo shot, it souded like i still had my ear plugs in..

this party was the complete opposite of any monday tronic party i've been to for the past year or so.

much dissappointed!

and btw, tronic promoters, please book dylan drazen again @ sullivan room...PLEEEEASE!

he tore into it at the clicks party last thursday!

Originally posted by pangelid

WHAT?

first off, this party sucked

second off, this party sucked

tronic, what de fuuuck happened?

dont bill adam beyer as a headliner and then play electroclash for the entire nite. dont switch the venue, and completely fuck up the sound on both floors. don't pack us in when it was quite apparent the venue couldnt hold the crowd. I couldnt fuckin move downstairs, let alone even think about dancing.

and the crowd was a whole diff. story...never saw so many scenesters in my life, but thats dumbo for yah! and why the hell was there so much whistling going on. by the time beyer went on, the sound system was sooo shot, it souded like i still had my ear plugs in..

this party was the complete opposite of any monday tronic party i've been to for the past year or so.

much dissappointed!

and btw, tronic promoters, please book dylan drazen again @ sullivan room...PLEEEEASE!

he tore into it at the clicks party last thursday!

yeah, i'm not gonna disagree... the only reason i had fun was because of the people i was with...

shit even i was there and didn't see yer roly-poly ass.

it was very chaotic and stressful inside.

Getting there though...well thats a whole fuckin thread right there that im not gonna write.

But for my cousin and for viktor and everyone else involved in planning this shit....i gotta say it was at least impressive that that many people showed to begin with. Reason i say that is cause immediately when someone hears of a venue change...especially a change from a place like Luna...everyone gets completely skeptical on what may or may not happen crowd/music/venue wise, since a venue like Luntarium draws the crowd in itself alone.

Downstairs was WAY!!!! too fuckin hot...but it was a cool little view.

My cousin was so stressed out himself from just wanting everything to go good that he didn't even spin.

But i will say this...

For whoever went to the Afterhours party in Williamsburg when this shit ended....definitely had MUCHHHHHHH more fun. Crazy little place but really good fuckin tracks thrown down by all dj's.