Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SO WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT TIMO MAAS ?

ravepapa

i just wanted to know what everyone thought about timo maas at space saturday... if you went please let me know and what your review was.... special thanks to aron, jewel, syversin, and charger had a great time.... with the exception of the same door guy again....

------------------

GARY P.(ARTISTRY @ NEVIS)

FREE YOUR MIND

I can only assume Timo was spinning in the Blue Room. Could not get into his set; it was plain boring. On the other hand, I thought the music in the Red Room was fantastic.

I must add The Door at Space needs some adjusting. I heard the Door person tell two guys. “We are not letting guys in now”. In addition to this being rude, it is very insulting. I had my girl with me; so, I had no problem getting in. However, I must say we

Were very taken back by what we heard. I understand the need not to have a Club full of guys. On other hand when you have special events. You should Not really be so strict at the door; especially when your charging $30.00 Per person… Just my $0.02…….

Peace,

Sobeton

Hey all! I had blast with ya'll...Syversin, A-ron, Rave and Charger! Sorry I missed the pre-party. I liked the tracks that Timo chose but I was still a little dissapointed. I think he was a bit lazy with his set,I wanted a bit more "magic". And YES, i did hear him screw up a few times thanks to Syversin's training. A little can go a loooong way! Unfortunatly I have to go out of town on business next weekend so I will miss ya'll! But don't cry, I will be back on Monday. Talk to ya soon!

Jewel cwm18.gif

I was excited to see Timo Maas and after about 30 min in the blue room, the group that I was with and myself went over to the red room because it was just plain boring. After Maas ended, Edgar V took over in the blue room and rocked the house. In regards to the door policy at Space...it is only getting worse. I have been in line when someone came out and announced that any men in line that did not have a woman in thier group should go to another club..A month ago if you had a female in your group there was no prolem getting in. Now, it seems that not only do you need to be with females, but, they had better be slammin or you will wait. Unfortunately, Space has the market cornered now and they essentially can do whatever they want. Hopefully that will change...I will say that Space has (for its own good) cracked down on the blatently obvious illegal stuff going on...

First off my ears are still ringing. I guess im getting old. Well I have to agree with what has already been posted. Timo's set was way to flat. The few times he did change the tempo the place seemed to explode with engery. I also liked the music and vibe in the red room more.

Now about the door policy I have to admit that its kinda nice to go to a club an have fair mix of women to men. If that is their policy, then expect it. Bring a girl or go early its not that big a deal. Finally do think $30 is a bit extreme for Space but I would have no problem droping $20

I don't know what everyone was expecting, but Timo's a new kid on the block... and not even known for his DJing skills; must have been a waste of $30!

D> What's so great about the Renaissance party? Other than Terry Francis, there's no one I want to see.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

I happened to go see Timo on Saturday...

had no problem getting in, that's cos I arrived before midnite and you get charged $20 instead of $30...

Anyways, the red room had it's usual house and dancers, got to the blue room and didn't see timo on the dex but another dj, anyone know who that guy was? He played some pretty good choons but got really trancey... then at 3Am Timo showed up.

Mind you I was asking the workers at Space who the first dj was and they all swore it was Timo, and if it wasn't for some guy next to him w/ a mic, I'm sure most of the crowd wouldn't have know. Just to show how clueless some clubbers in Miami can be.

Anyways, he opened w/ a very good song, and after that his set was ok. I was waiting for him to drop his Ubik track (the dance mix) but instead heard other tracks on his new cd.

I found myself sitting for some time and then jamming around 4 Am. I left at 5 am. I gotta say that his set @ groovejet for the conference this year was a lot better, probably cos the crowd was different and better and cos of the intimacy groovejet offered.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

cwm30.gif

DEEP DISH this WED !!! woohoo

oh yeah and Carl Cox Dec. 2, gonna be wicked!

oh yeah i forgot to at least include 1 track that timo played, some song w/ nice breakbeats, I think I read somewhere that Sasha & diggers played it at Twilo bfore Halloween... "they don't know what is what, they just strut, what the fuck"

that was just awesome!! cwm11.gif

i have to agree with jewel ... i did hear a few mistakes in timo's set... not to mention the part where the turntables cut off on him.... i though it was just me at first , but when he started his set, i also thought it was a little boring. i understand german trance is a little different than what i'm use to hearing.... i had a better time in the red room .... i also went out to the patio to listen to a little disco for a while.... but all in all i had a good time with the group i was with.... yeah artistry forever... and by the way aron my ears are still ringing dude....so your not the only one..... loraine we should hook up one night at space. cwm30.gif

------------------

GARY P.(ARTISTRY @ NEVIS)

FREE YOUR MIND

About the door situation...When Syversin and I got down to Space the same guy who was giving ya'll problems gave us attitude too. But then Angel (his name is appropriate) came out and saw us. He basically told the door guys to move their asses and let us in...for free. He was so sweet. It's too bad that one pretentious guy can ruin it for everyone. Oh well!

Jewel cwm18.gif

D> Now that you're a "Club God" you think you can talk ghetto? All of these fucking swear words; I can't handle it! cwm32.gif

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

I agree with all of you. Space should stop wasting money in bringing all these great djs. We dont need to hear anything new. We are happy with the cheesy German trance George Acosta plays at Shadow. Who needs to hear new music anyway? So what if the rest of the world is changing and no one cares to listen to that Power 96 technocrap. We here in the Everglades/Swamps/Miami dont need the likes of Timo Maas to bring us his new music sets. So what if he is blowing up all over the world and we are going to end up eating what we have just posted! Space dont bother bringing Carl Cox either, we wont appreciate him anyway. Long live music ignorance!

Um; isn't Timo German? cwm27.gif

------------------

Lor> YOU GO GIRL!! cwm29.gif

------------------

hey 'music matters'

you must be taking the piss...

and if you aren't you definately gotta re-read our posts cos no one is saying for space to stop bringing in good djs cos you are a walking contradiction by having such a name as music matters.

I've never been to Home, so is it a small and intimate club? If so then that explains why the man had a better set at Groovejet than he did at Space... but anyways there's always room for improvement, especially for Timo as he's got the producing mastered.

Yeah, Loraine, don't the Brits have more interesting expressions than we do? I admit, that's a big part of the reason why I read Mixmag; it keeps me up on all the latest British slang.....oh, not to mention all those wonderful fashion articles.....hehe by the way, speaking of Mixmag, the free CDs off the latest issue are utter crap, so don't be fooled into thinking they might be worthwhile like I was.

It doesn't surprise me that Timo was not as impressive at Space as he was at Groovejet in March.....that was a hell of a party, one that has and will be talked about for a long time - lofty standards to live up to!

I missed TM at Space but I saw him last month at home in London and he's good. Home is quite different from Space...Don't be so hard on him...maybe he did't feel at 'home' in Miami.. It could be too hot for him!

------------------

dj.gif

[This message has been edited by panchodeejay (edited 11-13-2000).]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived