Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Dave

We gotta start getting on top of shit, and getting rid of some of the "Bad element" thats draining this board or get someone who has the time to...

more specifically... start banning fake names, trouble makers, and the like... as much as we all like the lax policies of cp compared to other boards, its being abused... theres no reprecussion for any actions... and thus, no one thinks twice before doing anything.

If you don't have the time to stay on top of it all (cause you're obviously busy with bigger things) then maybe we need a second admin (a la Lainie, in the old days) who can ban people...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by joeg

We gotta start getting on top of shit, and getting rid of some of the "Bad element" thats draining this board or get someone who has the time to...

more specifically... start banning fake names, trouble makers, and the like... as much as we all like the lax policies of cp compared to other boards, its being abused... theres no reprecussion for any actions... and thus, no one thinks twice before doing anything.

If you don't have the time to stay on top of it all (cause you're obviously busy with bigger things) then maybe we need a second admin (a la Lainie, in the old days) who can ban people...

Agreed...

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Yeah but where do you draw the line?

I think we are all capable of sifting through the ish

Remember, bad element is all perspective

well, for starters, if the majority of a screennames posts are malicious... they're gone...

if there multiple names for 1 user, they're gone...

if someone does nothing but attack, insult, demean, or abuse people, they're gone...

if someone does nothing but promote without the permission of CP, they're gone...

we'll work from there...

I got to agree with Joe, if people are going to disrespect and insult other people, races, religious beliefs etc... they should just be banned. There is no room for all that type of ignorance and it is just totally counter productive to the overall quality of the board!!

You draw the line by using common sense.

Bad element is not perspective when it is blatantly derogatory.

Great idea Joe.

...I can't say that I've not been guilty of making fake screenames, but I agree with what joe's suggestions are..

..And before the peanut gallery goes bonkers over what I'm saying because of my guiltyness, think about one thing:

..With embodiedhate (there, I said it..) I was saying things that were so outlandish, so outrageously insane that you could tell that it was somebody just fucking around..I never really targeted anyone in specific (well, maybe one, but even then..all hyperbole..) with specific cutdowns on specific traits and fears that someone may have about themselves and that I KNOW are issues with them...I mean, I was telling people to fuck and suck farm animals for chrissakes...

..The other fake names I had/have are all either fuck around names or names where I'm giving a comment to see how people who don't realize its me will respond...its a weird form of voyeurism I guess...

...anyways, I agree with Joe..cleanup is needed...:aright:...

I must agree with rocksteady here (GO A.B. , IT"S YOUR BIRTHDAY). It's all about where you're standing. If you're threatening someone's life, that's a different story. Let's remember it's a messageboard, folks. Free speech works all ways.

Supporting our troops but not hypocrisy,

I H I

Originally posted by joeg

well, for starters, if the majority of a screennames posts are malicious... they're gone...

if there multiple names for 1 user, they're gone...

if someone does nothing but attack, insult, demean, or abuse people, they're gone...

if someone does nothing but promote without the permission of CP, they're gone...

we'll work from there...

Then a looooooooooooooot of ppl would be ban from this board

Ok, let me start by saying:

- all new accounts require a valid email to activate them

- bogus accounts are routinely deleted

- irrelevant/drama posts are removed

There is a lot of traffic on this site, and it is very likely that some things get missed.

What particular users are we referring to?

Originally posted by DaVe

There is a lot of traffic on this site, and it is very likely that some things get missed.

for one exit24e

Originally posted by DaVe

does yahoo/hotmail/etc.. count as valid? if so, that doesn't really stop fake names... (not that i'm saying we shouldn't allow those email addresses)

i mean, just off the top of my head, i'vehadit, davidstone, alpha2000 or whatever his name is now, carguy (and all his screennames with various suffixes after "carguy")

but theres more every day... and then theres the constant parade of unauthorized promoters clogging everything up...

not to mention all the trouble makers on some of the other forums that come by here, or the sex board and cause trouble...

what we need is someone who'll be around and have their eyes open to kill these things before it starts to irritate everyone...

i mean, the general morale around here is in the basement, especially from some of the loyal members that have been here through good and bad... so i think its gonna take more than killing an account or 2 to get things back on track...