Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone know any good Audio Engineering schools??

ha ha ha ha sfqueen i know exactly what you mean everyyyyy kid is a thugg and a half in there they are all up and commin rappers or somethin

iam maybe one of 10 kids out of 100 that are white

but iam not gonna let them or no one else stop me iam not interested in makeing rap music

Originally posted by aystar

ha ha ha ha sfqueen i know exactly what you mean everyyyyy kid is a thugg and a half in there they are all up and commin rappers or somethin

iam maybe one of 10 kids out of 100 that are white

but iam not gonna let them or no one else stop me iam not interested in makeing rap music

LOL! I hear you,I'm a black guy,(sfqueen-soundfactory queen-1989-1995)

I'm sure you will do well.All those rappers care about are beats,and the sad thing,its other artists beats,shit be original,make your own,ned to get off p.diddy and Jay-z dick.

5 TOwns wasnt too great....you really dont get to the music aspect of your career until the last year. You have to take Jazz History, American Folk Music, English, Composition class. I said fuck it. Got outta there real quick.

This is just what i did. Check it out, you might like it. Look into wherever you go very well before signing anything.

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

5 TOwns wasnt too great....you really dont get to the music aspect of your career until the last year. You have to take Jazz History, American Folk Music, English, Composition class. I said fuck it. Got outta there real quick.

This is just what i did. Check it out, you might like it. Look into wherever you go very well before signing anything.

Those are the classes I wanted to take,figure IAR was the same,it was more lab stuff,electronics.

I will check into 5 Towns.

Guest distort909

5 towns is good if you want to learn theory........ & about music in general & not just how to use equipment....... different schools for different folks..............

you can learn to use a piece of equipment on your own with out paying someone to do it for you.

The conservatory of Music @ SUNY Purchase is rated one of the best in the nation. I love the program here. Some of the best professors. (worked on and with anyone from the skatelites, jaco pastorious, Osbournes Theme song, Frank Zappa, And countless others.) The only problem is getting in. tens of thousands apply, less than 60 get in, so you gotta know your shit and not fool around.

Originally posted by distort909

5 towns is good if you want to learn theory........ & about music in general & not just how to use equipment....... different schools for different folks..............

you can learn to use a piece of equipment on your own with out paying someone to do it for you.

Theres much much more to learning how to use equipment than just learning to use a peice of gear. Learning to use it properly and effectively is a whole 'nother story. Anyone with a few grand can get protools, a mic, and an MPC and throw shit down, but there can be soooooo much more to it you'd be amazed.

A friend of mine here at purchase applied to 5 towns back when we started college 5 years ago or so and they told him not to waste his time there, that he was well more advanced than they could ever show him (considering he produced and engineered at least one album prior to applying for college)

But you have to know your own abilities and choose the school that is suited for taking the level you are at and increasing it to the next level. Then theres always transferring and internships and grad school to go with.