Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Marco V-C Del

fliz77

Originally posted by djmikebugout

yup...i'd like to hear this 2nite....

just dont type that into your DOS or else all your mp3's go byebye...

(which would wipe out half the dj's in existance today) :laugh:

Maybe some people cant afford to shell out 10 bills a song 800 for techs. It doesn't mean you gotta put them down your lucky if you cross 5 ft in height you don't see people making midget jokes at you....i aint tryin to start beef Mike your a good DJ very good i enjoy listening to you but no reason to get a big head because you spin vinyl while like me i spin cd's.....who wouldn't wanna scratch? but finanically its hard maybe eventually my point being no reason to poke fun. Thats my 2 cents and i'm pretty sure DJ's who use CD's feel me. I don't understand it all is just music. Just enjoy it and have a good time.

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

Maybe some people cant afford to shell out 10 bills a song 800 for techs. It doesn't mean you gotta put them down your lucky if you cross 5 ft in height you don't see people making midget jokes at you....i aint tryin to start beef Mike your a good DJ very good i enjoy listening to you but no reason to get a big head because you spin vinyl while like me i spin cd's.....who wouldn't wanna scratch? but finanically its hard maybe eventually my point being no reason to poke fun. Thats my 2 cents and i'm pretty sure DJ's who use CD's feel me. I don't understand it all is just music. Just enjoy it and have a good time.

its really a lost cause with all u "CD DJS", its amazing how u all see nothing wrong with burning mp3s and spinnin them :rolleyes: and this isnt directed just towards you

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

oh boy--here goes the can of worms...

Okay first off matty again like wake up said i dont mean this in any sort of personal manner but please try to understand whats goin on here

2nd i cant believe me and wakeup agree on a point here BUT

LEMME BREAK IT DOWN

DJing has been and always will be a privilidge. Its not something that is open to everybody. If you had the DEDICATION to shell out your 10 dollar a week allowance every week back in 1989 to buy records then you could be a dj. Understand what i mean? By downloading and burning, now everyone and their mother is a dj which floods the market.....Now promoters dont need hardworking guys like myself when they can get some mp3 dj to sell more tickets than me and put him in a room. Who cares if he cant beat match yet?

Point number 2--If you think the only advantage to vinyl is scratching, wow i feel bad for you. TO ALL THE DJ"S READING THIS-- Please tell me you seriously don't live for cueing up your newest jam on VINYL, the feel of a record, record shopping in stores, bullshitting with other dj's in the store, and most importantly the way a vinyl RIPPPPS thru a system like ONLY VINYL CAN! Even if you rip a vinyl to mp3 it loses a certain quality.

192kbs DOES NOT EQUAL VINYL QUALITY! And thats the end of that.

Big head? No way brother- I think after the shit i've been thru in this industry spinning for 11 years now tryin to make it big i've earned the right to poke a joke at kids who dont spend any money on a failing industry that they are benefiting from and is suffering b/c of them....

Do you know how hard it is nowadays to get a track signed? Labels are soooooooooooo apprehensive nowadays seriously b/c of downloading. Groovalicious has gone under, Kinetic, many others...You want to stick with cd's? Believe it or not you can track down the CD Singles of these songs when they are released and buy them and support the labels and still use cd's.

Do i use cd's? Hells yeah. Download. Yes i do. But i'd say 50% of what i download i delete. And whatever I burn to use--I'd say I go out and buy most of it. Others I speak to labels and get promotional copies. I dont claim to be a saint here and im not 100% vinyl. But almost every free dollar I have goes to vinyls. And thats a fact.

The point is this matty-- This RANT u see above was provoked by your comment. I dont mean to come down on you--You said u like my sets, I appriciate that...There are MANY DJ's however that have this same attitude as you as to vinyl and honesly you guys are hurting this industry that u claim you love....

All i am saying is, If you love the music as much as you claim, Support it....thats all.

Mike

Okay first off matty again like wake up said i dont mean this in any sort of personal manner but please try to understand whats goin on here

LEMME BREAK IT DOWN

DJing has been and always will be a privilidge. Its not something that is open to everybody. If you had the DEDICATION to shell out your 10 dollar a week allowance every week back in 1989 to buy records then you could be a dj. Understand what i mean? By downloading and burning, now everyone and their mother is a dj which floods the market.....Now promoters dont need hardworking guys like myself when they can get some mp3 dj to sell more tickets than me and put him in a room. Who cares if he cant beat match yet?

Point number 2--If you think the only advantage to vinyl is scratching, wow i feel bad for you. TO ALL THE DJ"S READING THIS-- Please tell me you seriously don't live for cueing up your newest jam on VINYL, the feel of a record, record shopping in stores, bullshitting with other dj's in the store, and most importantly the way a vinyl RIPPPPS thru a system like ONLY VINYL CAN! Even if you rip a vinyl to mp3 it loses a certain quality.

Big head? No way brother- I think after the shit i've been thru in this industry spinning for 11 years now tryin to make it big i've earned the right to poke a joke at kids who dont spend any money on a failing industry that they are benefiting from and is suffering b/c of them....

Do you know how hard it is nowadays to get a track signed? Labels are soooooooooooo apprehensive nowadays seriously b/c of downloading. Groovalicious has gone under, Kinetic, many others...You want to stick with cd's? Believe it or not you can track down the CD Singles of these songs when they are released and buy them and support the labels and still use cd's.

Do i use cd's? Hells yeah. Download. Yes i do. But i'd say 50% of what i download i delete. And whatever I burn to use--I'd say I go out and buy most of it. Others I speak to labels and get promotional copies. I dont claim to be a saint here and im not 100% vinyl. But almost every free dollar I have goes to vinyls. And thats a fact.

The point is this matty-- This RANT u see above was provoked by your comment. I dont mean to come down on you--You said u like my sets, I appriciate that...There are MANY DJ's however that have this same attitude as you as to vinyl and honesly you guys are hurting this industry that u claim you love....

All i am saying is, If you love the music as much as you claim, Support it....thats all.

Mike

damnnn took that out of my mouth lol nahh but seriously thats what i have been doin to whatever free money i have i spend it on vinyl i know u mike u use cds n vinyl thats good even tiesto does it and other dj's shit not everybody is 100% vinyl there are some yes but they have money 4 it not all of us !

just dont type that into your DOS or else all your mp3's go byebye...

(which would wipe out half the dj's in existance today) :laugh:

who knows MIKE maybe he will even open with this who knows anyway still rockin yr cd very good job on it :) some rmx are sick thank you

LEMME BREAK IT DOWN

Mike

yeah i didnt look at it that way i admit it but not everyone is rich in life i work but i need money for myself do i feel bad for burning mp3s'? yes of course because you're dicking the producers who worked hard to make the tracks....but im in the process of saving money for tables so for now i need to work with something and then you're gonna say how do i get my cd players? well of course i spent a good amount of money on them but if i worked with vinyl i wouldnt have the speakers i have i wouldnt have the amp i have i dunno many will not agree with me

• 2 weeks later...