Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sexy @ The Roxy?

Originally posted by zeeker

i don't get why you just quoted me with this response. I'm not saying he didn't kill it. I was there three times this past summer, and he was nuts all three times. I wrote reviews on those nights, I'm sure, and they will attest to that. I'm just saying what i said above. That regardless, he was playing to an empty house most of the time. Whats the point. It's a waste.

How can you generalize Roxy from only going there three times? You're hardly in a position to say anything. Maybe those three nights were off nights for Roxy...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by avalondon3

How can you generalize Roxy from only going there three times? You're hardly in a position to say anything. Maybe those three nights were off nights for Roxy...

any place that ever has more than 1 or 2 off-nights, its safe to say is wack

the kids not wrong in his conclusion

I was referring to the three times I went just to hear Vicious, not total. I am in perfect place to comment on how succesful the place was.

Originally posted by smokesum

any place that ever has more than 1 or 2 off-nights, its safe to say is wack

the kids not wrong in his conclusion

You're an idiot. Every club-regardless of size and popularity-will have their off nights;its the nature of the biz. Im just saying that one cant make sweeping generalizations based on limited experience.

You're an idiot. Every club-regardless of size and popularity-will have their off nights;its the nature of the biz. Im just saying that one cant make sweeping generalizations based on limited experience.

not my fault you go to wack places...lately the places i go to never have off nights...choose your night spots wisely ;)

Im just saying that one cant make sweeping generalizations based on limited experience.

Again, my sweeping generalizations aren't so general, and are not based on limited experience.

I am reminiscent of the parties at Roxy as well. I met a lot of cool people at that club, and it was a blast partying virtually free every week cause of the roxy cards (Cp is da bomb for that one)....

It would be nice for club to open its doors again.. Probably one of the best clubs I have ever been to, in terms of the way the staff treated the patrons there...

Im just waiting to hit up Tiesto, I wonder if the Stage will be up :D:tongue:

zeek- i quoted you and posted that b/c you seem to say Vicious wasnt there every week and when he was, he played to a half packed floor--

I SAID- i remember goin there EVERY WEEK when Vicious was there and it was PACKED....this was before the Phazon, maybe u were at Muzik Fridays or somethin but i was at Roxy meeting some cool people and dancing my ass off as a member of the roxy stage crew:D

Thats all-- im referring to the those days at roxy which were my favorite, you seem to not recognize those days...

i could be wrong but i think the 2 of u are referring to 2 different times.... i think zeeker is referring to when vicious stopped his weekly residency and was only supposed to be monthly... this was way after tha phazon...

bottom line... stop arguing for no reason :)

Originally posted by linabina

i could be wrong but i think the 2 of u are referring to 2 different times.... i think zeeker is referring to when vicious stopped his weekly residency and was only supposed to be monthly... this was way after tha phazon...

Good call... pre phazon roxy with JV was always packed. Lots of great meet ups around then too.

After renovations things died down, but part of the reason JV couldn't "pack out" Roxy was due to the opening of the Jersey Shore and the Hamptons.

Originally posted by Legend

Good call... pre phazon roxy with JV was always packed. Lots of great meet ups around then too.

After renovations things died down, but part of the reason JV couldn't "pack out" Roxy was due to the opening of the Jersey Shore and the Hamptons.

exactly...thats what i was tryin to tell Zack but it kept gettin all clusterfucked...

thanks Larry and LinaBugout :D

TELL BOBBY GOODRICH TO DO IT, BUT THE REASON WHY THERES NO MORE SEXY AT THE ROXY FRIDAY NIGHTS IS BECAUSE THE OWNERS OF ROXY WANTED TO GO MORE OF AN INTERNATIONAL DJ FEEL THAT BOBBY GOODRICH(THE BRAIN BEHIND SEXY) DIDNT WANT TO BE APART. THERE FOR LEADING TO EVOLUTION FRIDAYS AT EXIT BEFORE IT CLOSED.....BOBBY GOODRICH IS GOING TO START DOING FRIDAY NIGHTS AT THIS LOUNGE IN ASTORIA CALLED LIQUID, SMALL PLACE, BUT REAL NICE INSIDE.......BUT IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHY THERES NO MORE ROXY, THERE YOU GO, BLAME IT ON THE OWNERS OF ROXY!

Originally posted by zeeker

I am talking about they installed the Phazon, and besides the first night, I don't remember him ever packing that place out.

He packed Roxy out for weeks straight, once the summer hit people had more options.

THE OWNERS OF ROXY WANTED TO GO MORE OF AN INTERNATIONAL DJ FEEL THAT BOBBY GOODRICH(THE BRAIN BEHIND SEXY) DIDNT WANT TO BE APART.

Ye but now Roxy doesnt have an international feel. Unless you wanna count PVD coming once in a while and soon Tiesto. In my opinion international feel would be when they'll have a DJ from all over the world every friday. Like the Mix party going on at Exit rite now.

Plus rnt those parties not even done by Roxy but by those fucking bastards at made events who overcharge you like crazy.

I said Mr. Literal because I said "correct me if I'm wrong" and u felt the need to correct me. That's all, no drama. simma down ppl. And the "bullshit" is how u seem to feel that theres something wrong with a drinkin crowd because they leave early.

Originally posted by Ronin

I said Mr. Literal because I said "correct me if I'm wrong" and u felt the need to correct me. That's all, no drama. simma down ppl. And the "bullshit" is how u seem to feel that theres something wrong with a drinkin crowd because they leave early.

Is there something wrong with a drinking crowd? Not at all. I am pretty frequently part of that drinking crowd. But when 4:00 rolls around, and Vicious is just starting to get warmed up, and people start hitting the door, it kind of kind of brings the vibe back down. There were quite a few nights where I hit up Roxy first, stayed until they closed at like 4:30, and then went to Exit or Arc afterwards. Thats fine, i actually like doing it. But what sucks, is that I have to pay two full priced admission tickets to do so, instead of the one I would pay if I only went to Exit, SF, or Arc, and made a full night out of it. What also sucks a lot, is that I normally like to show up at some clubs around 1-1:30. So that leaves like 3 hours to get my party on. But thats what Rxoy is obviously going for, you can't fault them for that. But they just can't expect to keep the party going to long with that kind of operation. A place that size needs lots of heads coming through the door, and an afterhours helps bring them, and keep them there.

Sexy Friday's @ Roxy was a great party....had one of the best looking crowds...and yes it was nice to have "mainly" a drinking crowd....i remember a few times me and bugout were drunk on the stage listening to Johnny drop the BOMBS!:D good times