Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new club RAIN, expect that to be on top form

digital7

cwm35.gif Anyone remember Groove Jet? In my opinion that was the best club on the beach. It was so good that it was my club of choice for two years. It had a great vibe and the music was the best I've heard with DJ Luis Diaz at the helm. Since Groove Jet closed the beach has never been the same and groovejetters were forced to migrate to either Shadow or Crobar or Space, not exactly a mirror image of the "homey" vibe Groove Jet provided. My understanding is that a new club called RAIN is being opened up right where Groove Jet was. They have torn down walls and renuvating it completly inside. It's being spearheaded by Rain's resident to be Johnathan Cowan. It is due to open up before the Winter Music Conference in March and is supposed to have a killer sound system put together by Crobar's engineer. Rain is to host the biggest names in the industry with the likes of Lawler, Seaman, Sasha & Digweed, PVD and Luis Diaz. Look out, this could be the beginning of something really, really good.

Where did u hear this?! I remember Groove Jet wasn't too big in size, defenetely not as big as Level or Space... And about Sasha n Digweed.. or PVD... Isn't it kinda early to tell!? We'll have to see about that...

I hope it actually happens tho... SoBe needs some fresh venues to host some Big talent DJ's on a regular basis.. Having them around for the WMC is just not enough...

cwm34.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

Guest genevieve

JC as resident ?? That's going to make this the place to be!!!!!! Can't wait to check it out.

------------------

Staff- Miami

ClubPlanet.com

Why do people think international talent only comes by during WMC?. In the past 3 months, all these DJs and more have been in Miami...

Rain should be interesting. From what I hear, there will be no VIP, as long as you meet dresscode, the club is yours smile.gif.

I don't mean they're only around for the WMC, but one knows as a fact that they will be around for that... otherwise they might stop by randomly through out the year, but it's not like they have a regular residency in any FL club in particular...

Having a new venue like this Rain we're talkin about book a residency of some big name DJ's would defenetely be great for South Florida!! cwm35.gif

jest mi .02

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

estedecaracas.jpg

De Caracas para el mundo!!

Originally posted by pod:

Why do people think international talent only comes by during WMC?. In the past 3 months, all these DJs and more have been in Miami...

Rain should be interesting. From what I hear, there will be no VIP, as long as you meet dresscode, the club is yours smile.gif.

cwm30.gif actually, the club will have a limited <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> but the vibe will surely be like Groove Jet. The direction of the club from what I hear is still going to be casual so you don't have to worry about getting through the doorman if your not up to "their" standards .... cwm21.gif

Of course there's gonna be a list. What reputable club doesn't? smile.gif. I just meant there's gonna be no roped-off area for VIPs. You'll get listed, sure, but that just means you get in faster without paying...

Originally posted by b-side:

Does anyone know where Dave Ralph will be spinning? cwm15.gif

I'd like to see him @ Rain / Fuel cwm6.gif

Well Dave has residencies in Philadelphia, New York and San Fransisco. I'm sure he'll perform at either Rain or Fuel in the coming month's. cwm1.gif

Rain's gonna be on 23rd st on the beach.

Now that I think of it, Dave Ralph stands a good chance of going there...he has a relationship with Cal Fortis already (DR spun at crobar about 2 months ago...) through the BANG parties...

Dave hasn't been doing many Miami sets because I believe he's moving north due to his recent engagement/marriage.

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

Originally posted by stephen32:

YO DIGITAL!

ANY NEWS ON ULTRA BEACH MUSIC FESTIVAL?

WHERE IS THIS NEW CLUB " RAIN" GONNA BE LOCATED.

cwm43.gif Rain will be on 23rd and Collins, Miami Beach, Florida cwm33.gif As far as Ultra Beach festival is concerned, I have not heard who is headlining it, However I did hear that they're going to be seperate tents representing all the super clubs, Gatecrasher, Cream, Home, Renaissance ect,ect,ect ....

Rain's gonna be on 23rd st on the beach.

Now that I think of it, Dave Ralph stands a good chance of going there...he has a relationship with Cal Fortis already (DR spun at crobar about 2 months ago...) through the BANG parties...

cwm6.gif that's something I haven't been able to understand? Bang on Wednesday's? ... I'd love the featured dj's Bang has had in the last few months like Deep Dish, BT & Hoover, and Dave Ralph & Luis Diaz to PLAY ON FRIDAY'S OR SATURDAY'S NOT ON WEDNESDAY, Pod, do you know something I don't, It really makes no sense to me? cwm36.gif

** ULTRA 3 2k1 **

Sat. March 24th, 2001

Presented by Alex Omes (D'Vox) & Bruce Braxton (Ultra)

cwm32.gif Don't worry I heard the everyone you Like is spinning.... and everyone that you don't like is Not comming! cwm27.gif

But seriously... Not all of the acts have been confirmed and many more are still being pondered.

SO, Go to the Ultra site to vote for who you want!!!!...... http://www.ultra2000.net/

Tell 'em B-SIDE Sent Ya'.. cwm11.gif

> Peace!

> "The DJ From Another Planet"â„¢

Ahhh, the old Groovejet space....I can't wait to get in there again. Groovejet was the only club I dared to wear sneakers to. Wow, maybe I'll start having fun in clubs again since I won't have to wear my office shoes.....

I agree with you there..BANG should be on Fridays or better yet Saturdays. I'm not in a stage of my life where I can say fuck work/classes just to go out clubbing on a weeknight. Maybe once in awhile, but not at the frequency BANG brings in good acts...

Anyone been able to mine out a Rain website yet?

I agree with you there..BANG should be on Fridays or better yet Saturdays. I'm not in a stage of my life where I can say fuck work/classes just to go out clubbing on a weeknight. Maybe once in awhile, but not at the frequency BANG brings in good acts...

Anyone been able to mine out a Rain website yet?

Well, Pod, there's no website yet from what I know, I'm sure they'll have it up by the time the club opens.....

cwm16.gif

Archived