Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone know who these "DJ's" really are?

Maybe its just me cause I am not so musically inclined, but does anyone actually know who these so called international dj's really are. Obviously, Tiesto, Digweed, Sahsa, PVD, Van Bureen, Ferry Corsten, etc. I know. But I mean DJ's like Vibe, Herman Cantteo, Misstress Barbera, etc. Understand what I am asking?

Originally posted by bigsteve8

2 out of 3, mistress barbara and vibe. . . my favorite DJ for killing a crowd is still Charles Feelgood from Baltimore/DC. . . looking forward to seeing him at Kind IV on april 19, lunitarium a solid venue.

I know exactly what you mean about Feelgood... i love it when he spins, he brings so much energy.

Originally posted by xman03

uuhhh... is he for real?

i hope not, but we were all newbies once... though some of us a few years before others.

joe81: get yourself on kazaa lite and start downloading ASAP. or better yet, go to your local record store and blow your paycheck on some real music. expanding your horizons is good.

and no, you have no chance with misstress barbara... we all make that mistake at least once in our lives...

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by dialectics

i and no, you have no chance with misstress barbara... we all make that mistake at least once in our lives...

Barbara would tear off your head

and pour techno down your neck..

In the most beat driven

ass whipping loving way that is..

Originally posted by dialectics

i hope not, but we were all newbies once... though some of us a few years before others.

true....but most people with minimal common sense would know to keep their mouths shut and not yap about shit they have no clue about....at least until they know more about it. this IS cp though. :laugh:

Originally posted by dr0ne

true....but most people with minimal common sense would know to keep their mouths shut and not yap about shit they have no clue about....at least until they know more about it. this IS cp though. :laugh:

Before you decide to make fun of what you consider minimal common sense, most of us for 4 years are in college getting what is called an education not caring to much about all DJ's of the world. And after 40years we start what is called law school. Now since you have achieved "club god" status with your 1,487 posts, congrats you probable crack head. Don't make fun of common sense if you don't know who or what you're talking about. Not all are "club gods" and know every single DJ...This post wasn't meant insulting or idiotic, it was just a question.

Originally posted by joe81

Before you decide to make fun of what you consider minimal common sense, most of us for 4 years are in college getting what is called an education not caring to much about all DJ's of the world. And after 40years we start what is called law school. Now since you have achieved "club god" status with your 1,487 posts, congrats you probable crack head. Don't make fun of common sense if you don't know who or what you're talking about. Not all are "club gods" and know every single DJ...This post wasn't meant insulting or idiotic, it was just a question.

Actually I have a master's degree from a top school in my field, so again, don't go yapping about shit you don't know (since you're obviously implying i'm an uneducated ape, as opposed to your illustrious big mouthed self). The "club god" designation is automatically assigned by the board and i have no control over what it says, again, comment on shit you have a clue on. About being a probable crackhead....I'll plead the fifth on that one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You don't need to know every single DJ, but when you title a post with "DJs" in quotes clearly indicating sarcasm and then go on to yap about "so called international djs" again in a condescending tone, your post CLEARLY comes out as being idiotic and arrogant. Otherwise you wouldn't have gotten the responses you got. I don't speak for myself here, that's for sure.

hey joe,

i'm the first person to defend someone who is curious about the scene or ready to expand their musical horizons. The trouble is in the way you asked the question - as if we're all just making this shit up. If you're asking for knowledge those that have it would be glad to provide.

1) Unless you're really dumb or take an exceedingly long leave of absence (and have a very forgiving school) i certainly hope it doesn't take you 40 years to get to law school.

2) don't you dare even attempt to get on your high horse about college being an excuse for your attitude - i personally am in the 3rd year of my phd.... so lets not talk about education.

3) during our education some of us DO care about the djs of the world, and in fact have travelled to the UK, ibiza, amsterdam, thailand, rio, israel, iceland, goa, etc... etc...

If you want to know about some djs you've never heard of then ask... we who are interested in global dance culture would love to share our experiences with anyone wanting to know. Its not like some bullshit high school thing "you don't know who TC Islam is? you can't hang out with the cool kids." most of us WANT people to know about this music. just don't cop an attitude about it.

peaz,

rob