Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish Residency?

phrankadelic

Space isn't all that bad, or is it? but I would much prefer a Deep Dish residency at Crobar over Space .. my .02cent worth

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it and how you do it" -- "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them"

Originally posted by digital7:

Space isn't all that bad, or is it? but I would much prefer a Deep Dish residency at Crobar over Space .. my .02cent worth

Totally agree!!!!!!!! cwm1.gif

Deep dish @ crobar last december was awesome!And Danny T @ Space wasnt 'that' good... so there u have it.. 2 great performers, 2 different venues... Defenetely Crobar over Space.

jest mi .02 cwm34.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

No Limit > The glow stick ban is rather inconsequential at this point.. The reason it is unfortunate is because; Space just simply sucks. They treat people like shit, and the vibe sucks.. Some people can live with that, but I cannot and will not. The last time I saw Deep Dish was at crobar, and the experience was incredible all around. After reading the reviews of DT at Space, one can reasonably have uncertainties about Deep Dish doing a residency at Space.

Peace,

Sobeton cwm36.gif

i'll second that sobeton. i won't be going to space. i would much rather see them again at crobar. shit...i would go see them at shadow. but space ain't the place for me.

------------------

I've got the beat...the one for your mind as well as your feet!

AIM: Phatskils2

strong will man. up here the djs got me by the balls. if tenaglia played at exit or sound factory, I would still go considering I can't stand those venues. Hell, I go to vinyl to see him and the place is a rat hole. i would hate to miss out on some quality music.

I bet Danny T would like to have you by the balls... wink.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

don't get me wrong, i mean i luv the musik. i just can't stand the venue. but being that the conference is around the corner, there's going to be a big dose of musik coming through and i won't need to go to space to hear it. there are so many parties in different clubs, bars and hotels that i could care less who was playing there. well...maybe not that far, but you get the point right? sorry to say, but that place has gotten to me just like the formerly known edge in ft.laud did. i couldn't stand that place. heard some great music, but the club turned into shit.

it was all about the money.

------------------

I've got the beat...the one for your mind as well as your feet!

AIM: Phatskils2

Hey guys I've been checking out this board for a while but had never posted....I've noticed there has been alot of Space bashing lately and it always seems to be the same people.I just wanted to make a couple of points:

1)Did you guys ever stop and think that there is a reason why Danny Tenaglia, Deep Dish, etc. have agreed to residencies at Space....It's because they think it is the best venue for them.That counts for something does'nt it?

2)For those of you who are passing up Deep Dish at Space because "there will be plenty of music coming through for the conference"

then I hope you're not interested in Danny Tenaglia, Deep Dish, Sasha, John Digweed or Paul Van Dyke...because they will all be at Space for the conference...

3)I like Crobar too, but you guys have to admit that they only bring in the top DJs on weeknights as if not to scare off their weekend tourists and commercial beautiful people, glamour crowd. Space on the other hand is more of a pure dance club bringing DJs like Darren Emerson, Carl Cox, Pete Tong, Paul Van Dyke, Timo Maas, Danny Tenaglia, Tiesto, etc... all on Fri & Sat nights.

4)Sobeton....You are the most bitter of all, you never had a problem with Space until that dreadful day they took away you're precious glow-sticks.It's funny how you have all these new complaints about a place you do'nt even go to anymore......

I just think we should be glad that we have a venue down here that all these top DJs really want to play at(believe me they love that DJ booth)..and the best part is we get to listen to them on a great sound system in a club that I for one thinks has a cool vibe......

PEACE'

KINGSTREET smile.gif

Deep Dish @ Space, last time I heard them at Space was for the Jul 3 Renaissance party with DD in the blue room and Josh Wink in the red room, that night was totally off the hook. It was by far the best set I’ve ever heard from Deep Dish and I’ve been a fan since 92.

All I can say is that their Dec performances at Crobar don’t even come close to their Jul 3rd gig at Space..Not even close..

I guess that knowing that they only have a couple of hours to do their shit is kind of disenchanting. They sounded like they did when they were just getting warmed up at Space.

I’m sorry but that last call crap at 4:45 is for the birds, just when you think the party is about to get going all the bloody lights go on and they’re waving goodbye from the booth, that shit is WAC..

I enjoy and frequent Crobar just as much as I do Space, Shadow, 320, Blue etc etc etc (but definitely not Level) and thankfully, can’t say that I have any complaints about being treated harshly in any of them and if Space just happens to be a bit tighter than the others security wise, I guess I’d have to understand cause they’re the only people in Miami that can sell me a Heineken at 7:00 am. That is a privilege worth trying to keep..

As for Danny’s performance on Jan 6, if you didn’t enjoy it (too progressive???HA HA HA) than I’d say you just didn’t understand it.. Besides he’s going to be back in a couple of months to try to top his performance at last years Y&T conference party and that my friends will be a an extremely difficult task, but never the less I hope he does cause I’ll be their till at least noon..

Nolimit and Kingstreet……..STAY REAL…..In Miami, Models are not the only people that pose…….

Sobeton....You are the most bitter of all, you never had a problem with Space until that dreadful day they took away you're precious glow-sticks.It's funny how you have all these new complaints about a place you do'nt even go to anymore......

posted by Kingstreet

Kingstreet > perhaps you should go back and read my previous post in this thread; before you make assumptions ...The new complaints as you call them; are instances, which have arisen, in the last few months. Some I have been a witness to; and some others have been a witness to.. If my post offended you, I am sorry; but I was stating my opinion. Similarly, you have stated your opinion. As has been stated before some people can accept what Space puts before them; I for one cannot and will not. You are right; I do not go to space any longer. If you think it is for something as inconsequential as a ban on glowsticks; then you are sadly mistaken. There is no reason for personal attacks. Just respect the fact that some people just do not like Space.

Peace,

Sobeton

P.S. try and check out Luis Diaz at crobar Saturday……..

cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 01-20-2001).]

Sobeton, I am sorry if I have offended you....you are correct in stating that everyone has a right to their opinion and I should'nt single you out like that and for that I do apologize.....but I do think you come across like you're on some weird crusade against Space...every time anything is posted about Space you are immediately there to put it down.....I just think that is counter-productive....and although you say the glow-stick ban is inconsequential, it sure did'nt seem that way when you bombarded this board about you're right to "GLOW" being violated and Space's "Facist tactics"......you must admit that was the day you decided not to go to Space anymore..........

Peace(no beef just the facts)

KINGSTREET smile.gif

BTW:I would love to check out my boy Luis Diaz, but lately I'm into HOUSE on Saturdays at Space with my boy Oscar G.......there is nothing like hearing house music in that room......

Kingstreet > I will admit that the glow stick ban annoyed me. But that is water under the bridge; I have been to Space since the ban. I have just decided that Space is not the place for me. that is based on a number of factors the glow stick ban, being among them. Everybody has a right to voice his or her opinion; I do not see that as counter productive. In fact, I see has a positive aspect. People will make their own decisions; and form their own opinions based on their personal experiences. That is not such a bad thing…

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

Lately a typical Saturday night for me consists of the following..Cocktails at Blue, a brief visit to Crowbar till around 2 and ending up at Space till the wee hours…

I HAVE noticed one thing though, every since all the Space bashing started on this board their Saturday nights have exploded. Two months ago Saturdays at Space were mediocre, now they can barely fit anymore people, what’s the deal?

So this is my conclusion…………

I think all the Space bashers on this board are really part of their management on some sort of reverse psychology trip in order to fill their club..

And Sobeton, you must be HEAD OF SECURITY (LOL..don't take it personally)

Yo Kingstreet..Murk boy Oscar G tonight @ Space.. One of Miami’s own House Music pioneers, finally I can look forward to hearing one of my favorites on a frequent basis in my own home town, so glad he didn’t jump on any bandwagons in the past 10 years like some of our other top jocks, always staying true to House Music, the true Club Music. Must be in his blood.

PEACE TO ALL, and just go out and enjoy life, we gripe about too many insignificant things that 30 yrs from now we will look back and just laugh at!!!!

posted by Aztec-mystic

I think all the Space bashers on this board are really part of their management on some sort of reverse psychology trip in order to fill their club..

And Sobeton, you must be HEAD OF SECURITY (LOL..don't take it personally)

I admit it; I work for Space. Bro, I’m happy you enjoy Space.. Just as I enjoy going to other clubs. Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing…

Peace,

Sobeton

Archived