Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

hey kiddies!

saturday was so much fun!! thanks for coming out! I have left over cake! hehe That thing was damn good but I had barely any room in my tummy from all the alcohol! LOL!

I somehow woke up on Sunday morning with no hangover. I had a good dinner beforehand at Cafe Asia. I might eat there every time I go out... it lined the belly well and didn't slow me down!

you can do iiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

the people at cake love messed up the order when i got there to pick up the cake, so they gave me 6 free cupcakes - those are some tasty cupcakes and cakes they have. you can taste the butter on the buttercream frosting - so good!

you can do iiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

the people at cake love messed up the order when i got there to pick up the cake, so they gave me 6 free cupcakes - those are some tasty cupcakes and cakes they have. you can taste the butter on the buttercream frosting - so good!

what was wrong with the cake? :shaky:

damn, now i want cake.

what was wrong with the cake? :shaky:

damn, now i want cake.

they dropped it on the floor . . . :tongue:

they had the wrong cake - and then the white chocolate they used to write the happy b'day thingie on top was not setting up, so they had to melt more white chocolate and do it all over again. :D

they dropped it on the floor . . . :tongue:

they had the wrong cake - and then the white chocolate they used to write the happy b'day thingie on top was not setting up, so they had to melt more white chocolate and do it all over again. :D

That cake was SO damn good! Thanks for picking it up Vic :) Had SO much frun Saturday night, thank you for inviting me down.

w3rd jess - great having you down in DC for the visit. :bounce:

i forgot to mention, i might go to boston in november for a conference if a paper of mine gets accepted.

Well my home is always open to you if you want to stay! I can be your very own private Boston tour operator... ;)

So much fun everytime I visit down there, need to do it more often.

And Kken it was so great to see you too, glad you made it after all you had to travel that day :)

A world without Ray's?: What's going on with Ray's the Steaks? The message on the answering machine says no more parties over 6, no more reservations (though existings will be honored), and they're closed indefinitely after March 26th. What gives?

Tom Sietsema: From the horse's mouth to your eyes:

"I'm closing because I have to find a way to bring the restaurant back to the neighborhood, where it belongs," owner Michael Landrum told me yesterday. "Even if it involves reformatting my operations."

The "closing" is most likely temporary; the good news is that his forthcoming restaurant in Silver Spring is getting closer to its due date.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/03/03/DI2006030300672.html?nav%3Dhcmodule⊂=AR

and

http://www.dcfoodies.com/

scroll around the middle.