Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The offcial Saleen 1 year anniversary top club nights

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Well its been about a year since i invaded and took over the south florida club scene. So here is my top 3 club nights... Its really hard to pick the best one, on one hand some had the typical night that just went sick, and others were so vastly different that sometimes the review is tainted because its different from the status quo... So here are mine...

#3 Picotto at Space

Mikeydny made me go, told me how great the guy was, and completely destroyed me.. Guy was on fire, energy to the max. Crowd was awesome and it was packed, this was before the dreaded club space downturn... When music blanks your mind, you know the dj is on fire..

#2 Roland extended set on the Patio

Words can't describe how great it was. I wasn't a fan of the early part of the set, but from 5am on it was the bomb.. It was so good, you have to wonder why they don't do it more often.. :confused: The crowd was just in love with the set and the vibe was straight out of a hollywood movie.. The theme song for the night should have been: there is two, can't think of the names, but one was Hands up by sal dano, and the other was a black dude repeating over and over quicky, put your hands up in de air, etc.. Cause the crowd was just reaching up with their hands and just letting their minds go blank and letting go... Nothing will top that, it was the best patio set all year.. You losers can keep your euro trash.. I'll take our local latin any day of the week...

Well they say it won't work? But i prooved them wrong. Classics night was the best. Nothing and i mean nothing will top that. Yea many other nights there had much better crowds, but the music was the only thing that mattered. Maybe biz is right, maybe i do take too much credit for things that either change or get done over at space, but i have to stick to my guns on this one and say i told you so on the classics.. I was right on, and from the convo I had with og he loved it as well. Its the closest any club has come to duplicating Tempts classics night.. I looked threw the review post for that night and we all forgot OG dropped moon blow the speakers:eek: :eek: How often do you hear a monster bomb like that? I"m willing to bet, before the summer is out, we shall get a full blow 12 hour monster classics set by oscar.... If we don't then if I can somehow book og for nerve then i'll fucking do the party and make a boat load of money while we simply stuff that place... OG got all of yous hooked on the classics, and I know it will work... Why og, well hes a old man and has been around the block, and will know exactly how to program and blow our minds with a classics set......

Best party not at space: Bliss July 3rd parks and wilson...:eek:

Lets see:

#4-Parks and Wilson @ Luis Puig's birthday @ Spin:

What can i say...these guys tore up the club...the venue looked BEAUTIFUL...the dancers were Excellent, everything was yellow! Bacardi was there in full force and gave stuff away...in fact..i still have the pillows and sandals and massage oils!!!!

Ill never forget getting a vip band from some old man rolling his ass off that wanted to leave to stick it to his woman..lmao it was so funny...

#3-Bassline Fridays, the Return of Edgar V:

I chose this one because it was actually my first experience at Club Space, and boy was it a good one...it was a defining moment on how i viewed clubs at the time and it kept me going to fridays (and later saturdays for housessions) for a LOOOONG time! (BTW- someone i know that worked there, that had the hookup for me, you are golden man...thank you !!!!!!!)

#2- DJ Stryke @ Space (before October)

Well...i think that the rest of CP can agree with me that whomever was there at the club was dancing their asses off when they walked in and listened to the tunes this talented Dj was pumping. there are no words to describe that night...seriously...i got there with my little "crew" before cp..(Butter, Kilo, Liz, Aj, Vique, Jesus, Judy, Cujo, Michelle, and Rosie!!!!) Some are on here...some are not...but i will never forget when my friend liz and i were dancing and stryke dropped sunglasses at night...we both looked at each other and went NUTS!!!!! best night music wise...hands down. It strikes me a bit odd why clubs only take chances with stryke with sporadic gigs... i hope he has patience...because i know in the end it will pay off (and im trying my best to help as well greg...keep the faith man!)

btw- a friend of mine should be emailing you soon named Val Smikle...gave him a copy of your promo :D he may be able to help you out...so keep in touch with him.

#1- wow...George Acosta- Touched CD Release Party @ Spin!!!

Not only did i go nuts with the vibe..the music was beautiful and the place was PACKED!!! lots of familiar faces getting PLASTERED! (btw Dee..thanks for punching the shit out of my arm when u passed by you drunk!!! LMAO!)

12 words to explain it all:

The Beat just goes...goes...goes...goes...goes....goes...goes...just goes :D

god DAMN what a night!!!

the only thing that kept Stryke from getting THIS spot was the fact that i had VIP here and that Acosta read my mind practically with the music i wanted him to drop that night...even used Mind Made Up for the first time at Spin....CLUTCH!:)

:hat: SpaceCadet