Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your favorite club in Miami

Nolimit

I see a lot of Space & SL bashing here on the board. I'm just curious what your favorite club in Miami/S Fl area is??

Since I haven't been in Miami since last March, I don't really know what new clubs popped up. My vote goes to Space. I've been there once and it was for DT's WMC 25th Anniversary gig.

Think I'll second the Blue vote... I also dig the new People (old Push) space, but the vibe there is very inconsistent.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Originally posted by DollaBill:

MIAMI SUCKS! I can't believe I moved to this shithole state!

Oooooooh. More of that productive crap I'm so fond of. Yeah, baby!

Clubs? If you're using the term to mean "large, NYC-like venue," then Space and crobar... regardless of the hype; if you're using it to mean "any place you can go to hear music that's hot," then a number of smaller places join the ranks as well (and have been mentioned above).

Always,

Rene'

I see a few Blu votes. Is that where the old "spot" then "RSC" used to be?? I hear it's very small. How is the sound in there?? Does anyone know the person to talk to about organizing an event during WMC? Just looking for a spot to play some records before the night begins. Like a pre-party spot... Any help appreciated.

D> The manager's name is Scott Freilich... it is small, but intimate - perfect for a house party. Sound is alright for that space.

Best night for Blue is Tuesday for the Deep House Movement; groovy vibe... smooth and subtle. Friday and Saturday nights are pumpin' to harder house (still fun as fudge).

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

I will have to say, Crobar is a very good fkn club. I would say my fav as of now. Among the different options available on the beach, it pretty much depends on the night and the dj playin... Crobar usually features good dj's, Level (Saturdays), Shadow Lounge (Fridays), Bed is actually real good, as far as the place, music's aight; and yes, all shit aside, Space for afterhours... and defenetely on Fridays, because on Saturdays it sucks!!!

As far as the smaller venues like Blue, or -someone even mentioned Nikki at the Beach-, these are all a bit more chill out places.. more in the likes of a smaller club/bar lounge for a pre party. I also really enjoyed this place called Pearl, right by Nikki's... Really -I mean- absolutely- upscale, Hellz, the last time I was there, I saw Mike Tyson!! Real chill muzik, tons of beautiful people, and a lot of champagne! Also the female Dj, which I tried to find out her name, was absolutely bangin, and wuz playin some real nice loungin tunez.

All in all, there are soo many options in Miami!! U just gotta look at the brighter side of things. This city defenetely has a A LOT of shit to offer!!

I hope my opinion helps..

And Diego, ur gonna have to fill me in on what u end up plannin for the WMC... I beleive I'll be around so...

BTW-Are you going to Seb Fontaine tonight?!!? If u are, damn, have a blast!!

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

mp3some> Don't worry, I'll post up any details.

As for tonite, it's twilo AGAIN. I've been wanting to hear H-foundation for quite sometime. I'm not really into Seb though but I'll stay for a little while and have a listen.

Guest genevieve

SPACE is the place for me at the moment. My friend DAN told me about this new place called Pearl that sounded really cool. It's a white interior and all the staff is dressed in white. I've yet to check it out but since he did a photo shoot there maybe he'll give us the load down. (I know he'll read this sooner or later) Blue is cool but smaller than I expected, though I had a blast there on Sun. night. Diego- can't wait to finally meet you in March. I'm in need of some Respiratory Rehabilitation!!!

[This message has been edited by genevieve (edited 01-12-2001).]

Well the reason why there is so much Space and Shadow Lounge bashing is becuase quite simply the clubs down here have slowly but surely decayed with in the last couple of years. the last true club was Groove Jet, and well, we all know what happened there...

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL7

"It's what you do and how you do it" - "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them"

very true pod, but the music is whack, it's a shame Crobar didn't sign Luis Diaz? why they didn't I have no clue?, but now he's up in New York spinning at Twilo and we're stuck with Eddie X (which should be in Chicago) and Cedric (whoever that is?)

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it and how you do it" -- "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them"

pod, nothing is wrong with Eddie X, he is fine DJ, very solid mixing, his track selection in my opinion is questionable, I like the more deeper progressive sound (eg. Bedrock)

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it and how you do it" -- "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them"

Originally posted by sobeton:

Church (salvation) – starts at 8:00am on Sundays. good vibe; killer music.

I second that! SUNDAY SKOOL! Since I discovered Sunday Skool, the afterhours at Space haven't even crossed my mind. I can't wait till I hit Miami again!

Archived