Clubplanet Nightlife Community

randall jones and lee coombs rocked it at trust

djbuster

Originally posted by Kuro

As far as I know Coombs sets are never strictly breaks and he always plays house and prog, too. Music was very good that night. Too bad more people didn't come out.

yeah. i guess i figured that coombs would be all breaks because of his finger lickin' label.

it was weird that nite - there was nobody out...sonar was dead...where was everyone? the dancefloor at trust was going off though - and thats what really means something to me.

Originally posted by revaluation

Good job Randall and Lee! Though the vibe was kinda weak, I thought.

Coomb's mix of Technotronik was phat!!! But that new track of Randall and Mara's "1974"....fuckin nuts!

I have that pump up the jam song. It's on the other side of Coombs' remix of Sweet by Lamb. I always play the Lamb song so I never payed much attention to the other side. It sounded cool on a big system. Didn't you say that 1974 sampled Steve Harvey?

I have that pump up the jam song. It's on the other side of Coombs' remix of Sweet by Lamb. I always play the Lamb song so I never payed much attention to the other side.

I did the same until I flipped it over one day and heard the Jam tune. The bass is sickening on that tune and the kicks hit nice and hard.

I Didn't you say that 1974 sampled Steve Harvey?

ya, from Kings of Comedy!

"...see, i'm an old school brotha....old school, Cleavland Ohio, class of 1974....now we had some songs back then, that when you heard 'em, made you just flip out..."

or something like that...

I did a search over the internet and Gilbey has it charted for March. Randall said he doesn't think the sample will get cleared though bc when you sample from movies you have to get the actors permission as well as the studio's.