Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Perfect Patio Resident? WHO

djdekan

Well Im getting used to this whole patio scene and light kind of a good idea but we all know it needs a little fixing, SO Who would be the perfect Patio resident?

*Cough* - Gabriel and Dressden

Dave Dresden - Kuci Technodrome (04/04/2003)

01. Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun (Acapella)

02. Arksun - Astrodancer (Starecase Remix)

03. Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)

04. Crystal Method - Wild, Sweet & Cool (Acappella)

05. Attention Deficit - What?

06. Luke Fair - Innerspace

07. The Streets - Has It Come To This? (Acappella)

08. Jewel - Intuition (Gabriel & Dresden Lo-tek Analog Dub)

09. Motorcycle Feat. Jes - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Sweeping Strings Mix)

10. Basement Jaxx - Fly Life (Flylife Extra)

11. Layo & Bushwacka! - Let The Good Times Roll (Josh Gabriel Unauthorized Dub)

12. Nalin and Kane - Beachball (Gabriel and Dresden's South Beach Vacation)

13. Groove Armada - Lovebox (Justin Sloe Re-edit)

14. Justin Timberlake Feat. Ludacris - Cry Me A River - (Acappella)

15. Attention Deficit - Touched By Vast

16. Hybrid - High Life (Hybrid Remix)

17. Libra Presents Taylor - Calling Your Name (Acappella)

18. BBE - Seven Days And One Week (Original Mix)

19. Coldplay - Clocks (Gabriel & Dresden's Essential Mix Bootleg)

20. PQM - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (Phil K Vs. Nubreed Remix)

21. Royksopp - Poor Leno (Silicone Soul Hypno House Dub)

22. Andain - Summer Calling (Acappella)

23. Balligomingo - Purify (Gabriel & Dresden Club Mix)

24. Sasha Vs. Mike Koglin - Enjoy The Gravy (Zabiela's Live Bootleg)

25. Attention Deficit - Use Only The Drugs (Acappella)

26. Jewel - Intuition (Gabriel & Dresden Hi-tek Digital Mix)

27. DJ Icon - Voco Me (Flim Flam Mix)

28. Delerium - After All (Satoshi Tomiie Remix)

29. Thunderpuss - Head (Attention Deficit Remix)

30. M Factor - Mother

31. Elton John - Rocket Man (Acappella)

32. Deborah Cox - Play Your Part (Gabriel & Dresden Mental Dubstrumental)

33. Deepsky Feat. Jes - Talk Like A Stranger (Attention Deficit Remix)

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by djdekan

Well Im getting used to this whole patio scene and light kind of a good idea but we all know it needs a little fixing, SO Who would be the perfect Patio resident?

Hmm.....do I smell a convert here? You actually LIKED the patio? I am shocked to my toes......

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by djfrosty

Once a month headliners on the patio afterhours rather than the main room.

I totally agree, and not just the Roly Marathons. Like when Lawler kicks Ivano off the decks.....LOVE that.

Lawler has brought the house down twice for me outside. He definitely deserves another crack at it .. maybe Howells again? :) Slacker was great. Cox? Garnier? Casselle? Techno on the terrace that would rock. :)

I think it would be speical to see some of our local people out there as well. Stryke? Jimmy T? Domingo?

Let's see what the gang as space has in store for us. :)

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by rcrespo

I think it would be speical to see some of our local people out there as well. Stryke? Jimmy T? Domingo?

Let's see what the gang as space has in store for us. :)

Jimmy T for sure. Also think that Gaby Fain or Cue would tear it up out there too......

Guest saleen351

here we go...

The g and d onslaught is just like robbie rivera....

many on music boards have been talking about their bandwagon... and it seems you got caught up in it...

they are good, but in no way take over for roland.. good producers don't equal good djs...

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by saleen351

. good producers don't equal good djs...

I would have to agree with this statement. Prime example it BT. Incredible producer, but not a good DJ. Even HE knows it, he wore a t-shirt that said "Still Learning how to DJ" last January when he played at Orbit. And he trainwrecked a few times.

No question that during WMC the best sets on the Patio belonged to Steve Lawler and Danny Howells.

Honorable mention goes to Pete Tong, Seb Fontaine, Oscar G and Sasha.

Lawler and Howells always hit the patio decks when they are at Space. And they always throw down some great tunes.

Originally posted by djdekan

I'm very concerned about you my friend. :eek::D

here we go...

The g and d onslaught is just like robbie rivera....

many on music boards have been talking about their bandwagon... and it seems you got caught up in it...

they are good, but in no way take over for roland.. good producers don't equal good djs...

Hear hear...take Timo Maas for example. I love his studio work, but his DJ sets are hit or miss for me.

As for the patio:

No trance, Trance does not work without an expensive lightshow to back it up...maybe trance at night on the patio, but not during the day.

Daytime patio people:

Roland

Steve Lawler

Danny Howells

Desyn Masiello

Behrouz

Originally posted by pod

No trance, Trance does not work without an expensive lightshow to back it up...maybe trance at night on the patio, but not during the day.

love parade, dance valley,metropolis, new frontier, etc . all during the day and night. ;) Tiesto, Oakenfold, etc play sunrise sessions every year at Ibiza.

tech and/or trance on the patio would a nice diversion. :cool:

but it will never happen ;)

majority of votes obviously go to lawler!!! i mean its a no brainer, be it that he roks space ibiza alll summer long!!!!

2. prof howells- this guys has a tremendous fan base, and the way he approches the crowd makes you feel his sound the second the needle hits the record!!!

3. as for locals- jimmy t needs to get outdoors and go all morning long, but till then he'd be great to open for roland!!!!

4. stryke- this would be very interesting, and somthing ive been curious about for a long time( tech on the patio)

5. i think djfrosty's idea is good to go, monthly residents in the patio instead of the main room!!!! Like if we ever get bored of oscar:rolleyes: !!!!

Biz, i hope your reading this dude!!!:D;)

Originally posted by sobeton

love parade, dance valley,metropolis, new frontier, etc . all during the day and night. ;) Tiesto, Oakenfold, etc play sunrise sessions every year at Ibiza.

tech and/or trance on the patio would a nice diversion. :cool:

but it will never happen ;)

Yeah, but Love Parade isn't just trance anymore, and Oakie changes it up a bit for the outdoors. Tiësto is probably just an exception. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I need the full immersion to 'get' trance. I can't just pop it onto my stereo and enjoy it. I need to steal some lights for my apartment or something.

Guest saleen351

this entire thread is a slap in the face of roland. ARE YOU FUCKING STUNADS SERIOUS????????????????? PATIO RESIDENTS???????????

YOU LOSERS ARE MORE IN LOVE WITH THE NOVELTY

OF CLUBBING OUT SIDE. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MUSIC.

ROLAND HAD ONE SHOT AT AN EXTENDED SET, AND HE RIPPED THE FUCKING ROOF OFF THE PLACE. (THOUGH KINDA HARD SINCE ITS OUT SIDE) SO IF THERE WERE A ROOF, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE!!!!!!!! IT RANKED #2 IN MY SOUTH FLORIDA CLUBBING CAREER, AND MIGHT HAVE MADE #1 BUT OG DESTROYED REVOLUTION AND THE TRAIN SO MUCH, IT HAD TO BE #1...

I SAW ME AND HOG AND MAYBE 1 OR 2 OTHER CPERS OUT THERE.. WHERE WERE YOU LOSERS? OHHHHHHHHHH THATS RIGHT ROLAND DOESN'T HAVE THE BIG HYPED EURO TRASH FOLLOWING....

ROLAND WILL GET HIS MONTLY PARTY, ITS MY MISSION THIS SUMMER, THAT AND CLASSICS NIGHT HAPPENS....

SO FOR ALL OF YOUS, I SAY SHUT THE FUCK UP TILL YOU HEAR ROLAND DO AN EXTENDED SET!!!!!!!!!!

this entire thread is a slap in the face of roland. ARE YOU FUCKING STUNADS SERIOUS????????????????? PATIO RESIDENTS???????????

YOU LOSERS ARE MORE IN LOVE WITH THE NOVELTY

OF CLUBBING OUT SIDE. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MUSIC.

ROLAND HAD ONE SHOT AT AN EXTENDED SET, AND HE RIPPED THE FUCKING ROOF OFF THE PLACE. (THOUGH KINDA HARD SINCE ITS OUT SIDE) SO IF THERE WERE A ROOF, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE!!!!!!!! IT RANKED #2 IN MY SOUTH FLORIDA CLUBBING CAREER, AND MIGHT HAVE MADE #1 BUT OG DESTROYED REVOLUTION AND THE TRAIN SO MUCH, IT HAD TO BE #1...

I SAW ME AND HOG AND MAYBE 1 OR 2 OTHER CPERS OUT THERE.. WHERE WERE YOU LOSERS? OHHHHHHHHHH THATS RIGHT ROLAND DOESN'T HAVE THE BIG HYPED EURO TRASH FOLLOWING....

ROLAND WILL GET HIS MONTLY PARTY, ITS MY MISSION THIS SUMMER, THAT AND CLASSICS NIGHT HAPPENS....

SO FOR ALL OF YOUS, I SAY SHUT THE FUCK UP TILL YOU HEAR ROLAND DO AN EXTENDED SET!!!!!!!!!!

Saleen ... the Terrace at Space 34 belongs to Roland ...

I believe this thread deals with guest Resident Djs in a monthly basis ... somewhat like Housessions has a few quarterly resident djs ... meaning they would come and play once a month with Roly ...

I would incline to have three quarterly guest resident Djs for Lunar Sessions: Lawler ... Howells ... and ...

... Desyn Masiello ... :hat:

Originally posted by pod

Yeah, but Love Parade isn't just trance anymore, and Oakie changes it up a bit for the outdoors. Tiësto is probably just an exception. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I need the full immersion to 'get' trance. I can't just pop it onto my stereo and enjoy it. I need to steal some lights for my apartment or something.

:laugh: you sure you don't do speech writing for President Bush .:D yes.. love parade has many genres of muisc. however it includes trance; which is played outside. which was my point. yes tiesto and the other trance DJ's mix it up for the outdoors. which again was my point. trance can accomodate itself for different settings. ;)

Must agree with Saleen...When Roly did his marathon set I was there from beginning to end and he did "blow the roof off the place". He was simply amazing. And I to vote for patio marathon sets by Roland. Now as for what was originally said on this, thread yeah it would be nice to see some out side talent for the patio afterhours a little more often and not just when Howells, Deep Dish or Lawler come into town. I was there for Jonathan Ulysess who rocked Spin back in Spin's early days then later that same night rocked the Space patio. Also for WMC 2003 Sander Klienberg was huge in the paito (my biggest surprise of WMC) and Brother Brown was another big surprise and Howells will always get my vote.

I say we get roland doing a marathon set once every two or three months so its something really special when he does it and not something we expect all the time. Rest of the time see no harm in bringing in new talent to the patio such as gabriel and dresden. Actually would not really hurt if they started opening the patio up a bit earlier with trance there until around 3:30-4:00 when house takes over there 2, we'll see if the trance fans actually check that out rather than keep complaining and never showing up to trance events.

I would definitely be all for giving Roland extended sets once a month or more .. and having monthly residents play on the patio. Lawler on there has been insane , Howells I'm sure would be good .. other patio dj's .. Stryke (I would love to see what he would play) , Slacker (we've seen this) , Leon Roberts (this guy is so good .. his productions his edits .. his dj'ing ) his partner in crime Desyn Masiello .. having those 2 B2B would be insane. I'll still give Casselle a crack at it .. listen to his essential mix for a nice journey through everything. Breakbeats on the patio would work rather well .. I already hear Roland droppin Lee Combes mix of Crystal, but I'm sure the infusion stuff would go down a storm. :)

I'm off to work .. the day job anyway.