Clubplanet Nightlife Community

711/sq1

teamj5

You guys should be ashamed for promoting yourselves if THE HOT BARTENDER IS NOT GOING TO BE WORKING !!!!!!! This is like, false advertising or something. I'm going to report you to consumer affairs. Now i see why you were giving away free martinis !!!!

Having to leave Axis after being there for 30 minutes sucks too. I wanted to be cool like d:rew and hang out by richie all night. The set was recorded so hopefully i'll have it up on the site early next week.

Yeah her sub was ok, but not the same.

TeamJ, you were cool enough being a 'tech' geek taking pictures and sucking DJ cock.

On a related note, Phil was giving me his card so I had his email and number. I get into TeamJ's car and look at it and it is some guy named Adam's card from some production place :laugh:

Originally posted by flavanugz

and dont roll your eyes at me BIIIIIATCH!:hat: :hat:

WTF are those!!! Just because they've got hats on doesn't mean they're not smilies!!! I told you that you'd eventually fall prey to the dark side of cp :tongue:

'Moring Fegs! Happy Friday hang over to you all.

Last night was solid, actually filled the dancefloor at around midnight, and kept a good size crowd right to the end. Phil was ripped, which is good since it was his birthday. All in all, a great night.

I have already circulated a memo at 711 Headquarters insisting that the ration of dudes in black leather jackets to hot bartenders decrease dramatically.

In all sincerity, thanks for coming down guys, it means a lot. ;)

Originally posted by groovefire

'Moring Fegs! Happy Friday hang over to you all.

Last night was solid, actually filled the dancefloor at around midnight, and kept a good size crowd right to the end. Phil was ripped, which is good since it was his birthday. All in all, a great night.

I have already circulated a memo at 711 Headquarters insisting that the ration of dudes in black leather jackets to hot bartenders decrease dramatically.

In all sincerity, thanks for coming down guys, it means a lot. ;)

Definatly will be there again next week. I like it there. Did you read what I wrote about Phil giving me his card

Last night was great. Good night for music in Boston!

Todd, I was suprised to see the size crowd you guys had by 9. The whole idea of the night seems to be working really well... and once you start promoting, shit could take off! Good crowd, good music, good vibe, and a good mix of guys/girls. Which, is the one thing Square One was lacking. It was (predictably) a suagsage fest. Not really a big deal, I was expecting it, but for the night to really take off they definitely need to pull some women into Axis. Things get too weird when it's a bunch of DJ whore guys all awkwardly staring at the dance floor. But the music was damn good and that's all that matters. Ali and Whalen's styles were pretty good together. Whalen throwing down lots of break-beats and Ali churning out his trademark progressive bangers. By midnight the floor was full and people were dancing. Only problem there is that there was a MASSIVE breakdancing circle everytime Whalen was on. Seeing Ali jump in the middle of it and start dancing was fucking hilarious. If I liked him as a DJ before, I love him as a clubber now (anyone who breaks up a circle is automatically cool in my book. Unless it's Fubar or something).

So good night overall. The one thing Square One needs to quit though is the whole DJ tag-team thing. I know it's probably walking on egg shells, and I'm sure they don't want to make Whalen open for Ali, but it needs to be done. It's impossible to get a really good flow up on the decks if you have to jump off them ever 3 songs. Just as Ali would warm up, Whalen would come on and through a breakbeat track down which would destroy the flow. If they each did 2 hour sets, the music would've been much better. Still though, solid night all around!

Originally posted by teamj5

thanks for all the feedback

i broke up a breakdancing circle before. am i cool ?

:cool:

If you're hanging out with me, yes, you're cool. Otherwise, definitely not.

Like right now... you're not hanging out with me, so you're not cool.

No prob on the feedback. I don't want the review to sound negative, but constructive criticism is definitely better than "The night is the GREATEST, I wuv everyone there so much. The music was siiiiiiCckckck". People need to understand that sometimes.

Todd, biggest piece of constructive criticism for 711.... the $9 gin and tonics need to go! Drink prices are way out of whack there (but it's not like you can do anything about it). Having martini's priced the same as gin and tonics makes for a rough Friday for meathead :drunk::D