Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's getting to be a fad...

georgym

Yeah maybe the tribal on the lower back is a little played out, but when I show people the one on my lower back they usually like it. It's suppose to be my name in tribal letter's, I decided to get it done like that because I have never seen anyone else with it before so I wanted to be original.

Originally posted by jerzeygirl

Yeah maybe the tribal on the lower back is a little played out, but when I show people the one on my lower back they usually like it. It's suppose to be my name in tribal letter's, I decided to get it done like that because I have never seen anyone else with it before so I wanted to be original.

;) and then one day you look at it and it really says "HIPPO FOR SALE" and you realize the tattoo artist was more drunk than you were...

bwahahahahahaha. ;) kiddin [maybe]

I def. know that it say's my name, it's just that when you look at it you gotta look really good at it to figure out the letter's. And when I got my tattoo's done the guy was not drunk and neither was I. I go to Big Brad's to get my tattoo's done and everytime I've gone there they've done a great job and I think it's worth the money.

Originally posted by jerzeygirl

I def. know that it say's my name, it's just that when you look at it you gotta look really good at it to figure out the letter's. And when I got my tattoo's done the guy was not drunk and neither was I. I go to Big Brad's to get my tattoo's done and everytime I've gone there they've done a great job and I think it's worth the money.

are the letters hard to read, kind of like an abstract-graffiti style except with tribal form?

I like tatts....but the whole deal w/ the TRIBAL is bs......EVERYONE has a tribal tattoo.....Don't get me wrong some are really nice...but it's like these people walk into a tattoo place...don;t know what to get...So they just get that :rolleyes:........People who get tribal tattoos are people who do not put any thought into it & just get one to look cool & be like everyone else....This isn't all cases.....but imo MOST.....& the ony reason this pisses me off is b/c I have 1 small tattoo....But it is of very sentimental value....

i have a tattoo there (middle of lower back) and honestly i cringe when i see so many others.

I have had mine .. going on 8 years now (before it was a fad, thank you) and its a sun. again another played out tatto, but at the time i got it, it was much more of a novelty .

And yes it does have meaning for me. (any of my friends can atest that the "sun " is one of my favorite things as seen in my br/apt and that my best friend in hs gave me a necklace - a sun, and she had the matching moon. )

and no, i dont regret it. i still love it. i just wish that everyone else didnt copy me ;) jk :tongue:

Originally posted by nycchic24

i have a tattoo there (middle of lower back) and honestly i cringe when i see so many others.

I have had mine .. going on 8 years now (before it was a fad, thank you) and its a sun. again another played out tatto, but at the time i got it, it was much more of a novelty .

And yes it does have meaning for me. (any of my friends can atest that the "sun " is one of my favorite things as seen in my br/apt and that my best friend in hs gave me a necklace - a sun, and she had the matching moon. )

and no, i dont regret it. i still love it. i just wish that everyone else didnt copy me ;) jk :tongue:

i hear you on that :aright:

It's kool that you had it done B4 it became a fad, and for you it must mean something.

But im talking about exactly what you're pee'd at-- seeing all these teenie bop girls getting it done, like it's a fad.

Doesn't it suck when you're the trend setter, and then lame-o's gotta degrade it by outdoing it :nono:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Doesn't it suck when you're the trend setter, and then lame-o's gotta degrade it by outdoing it :nono:

Which is one reason I'm glad I decided to get one so big and bold... it stands out as much today as it did when I first got it done.

Originally posted by mssabina

:aright:

i think tatoo's suck anyway... if you like 'em, whatever, but i just don't see the point in permanently marking up your body... there are a few exceptions, like small tat's with real significant meaning (my cuz has his daughters names on a heart on his arm)... but something like a tribal on your lower back, that's something i can see regretting after the "fad" has passed... or even worse, a bf's or gf's name really big in a prominent place... now how fucking stupid is that?!

That's what keeps me from ever doing that. (I am also still unmark-ed, but have a yen for piercings) It's a nice spot for the ladies, feminine, out of the way, and centered. but, I see SO much of it, and often with a kanji in the middle of it. Most people are unoriginal, but surely there were girls getting these tats before the onslaught of followers. If you have a tatoo like this and no longer like it, why not to some restorative art, if that's possible? I wonder what Angelina Jolie thinks when she sees Billy Bob on her arm everyday...:rolleyes:

i think tatoo's suck anyway... if you like 'em, whatever, but i just don't see the point in permanently marking up your body... there are a few exceptions, like small tat's with real significant meaning (my cuz has his daughters names on a heart on his arm)... but something like a tribal on your lower back, that's something i can see regretting after the "fad" has passed... or even worse, a bf's or gf's name really big in a prominent place... now how fucking stupid is that?!

i agree wholeheartedly... with one of my ex's this is was a constant issue... she had a tribal on her lower back, she had a ivy and butterflies on her ankle, and vines on her wrist... i started seeing her when she was completely stock, no mods, nothing... then she started with one, then another, and etc... and eventually they all led to tremendous arguments and etc... and my argument was, and still is whats going to happen when youre not a kid anymore and youre mom, or a in a prestigous position in your career or more importantly on wedding day, all inked up??? and her rebuttal to me was that im "too old!!!" that im not fun anymore, and i need to "relax" lol... hey different strokes for different folks, right~!?

eh, listen, its your body, its your prerogative, do what you wish... but whatever you do make sure you do it right...

i agree wholeheartedly... with one of my ex's this is was a constant issue... she had a tribal on her lower back, she had a ivy and butterflies on her ankle, and vines on her wrist... i started seeing her when she was completely stock, no mods, nothing... then she started with one, then another, and etc... and eventually they all led to tremendous arguments and etc... and my argument was, and still is whats going to happen when youre not a kid anymore and youre mom, or a in a prestigous position in your career or more importantly on wedding day, all inked up??? and her rebuttal to me was that im "too old!!!" that im not fun anymore, and i need to "relax" lol... hey different strokes for different folks, right~!?

eh, listen, its your body, its your prerogative, do what you wish... but whatever you do make sure you do it right...

Originally posted by dgmodel

lol very good point... its like kids who rebel by having piercings... and since theres so many rebelling they're all just conformists...

That's exactly what my Mom said during my piercing phase... what she (and you) are overlooking, is the fact that when someone rebels against something (ie, parents, society, whatever), they are usually doing it in order to fit in with something else (peer group, etc.). People try to fit into their own little niche, ya dig?

Originally posted by tastyt

That's exactly what my Mom said during my piercing phase... what she (and you) are overlooking, is the fact that when someone rebels against something (ie, parents, society, whatever), they are usually doing it in order to fit in with something else (peer group, etc.). People try to fit into their own little niche, ya dig?

and by trying to fit in ONE conforms... its the same thing with cars... ppl "customize" their cars so they look "different" yet everyone does the same crap and they wind up looking alike... same in fashion, one person tries to be different then everyone follows that person... and poof, no more difference...

Originally posted by dgmodel

and by trying to fit in ONE conforms...

Yes, I know. It's hard to be a true non-conformist. But as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't really matter. I know plenty of people who are way too reactionary, they *only* do certain things because they know it's a way of going against the grain. Why not just do things because you like them, or if not, at least admit to yourself why you're doing them???

i agree 110% however by being one of these ppl who trend hop, its in them, they cant get away from that... so when the "tat-trend" is over, theyll be high and dry with a tat thats "played out" the same ppl who say thats soooooo 90's, y2k etc, and would never be caught dead wearing such and such or doing such such, and throw it away, will be stuck with an item that is not only out of favor, but permanently on their "trend hopping" bodies...