Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dixie Chicks pose nude!

zaguero

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030424/music_nm/music_dixiechicks_dc_8

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Dixie Chicks (news - web sites) appear nude on the cover of a weekly showbiz magazine in a defiant answer to a backlash over their opposition to the war in Iraq (news - web sites).

Thursday's New York Post newspaper carried a reproduction of the Entertainment Weekly magazine picture in which the Grammy-award winning women wore only contradictory slogans painted on their bodies, including "Opinionated," "Traitors," "Saddam's Angels," "Dixie Sluts," and "Proud Americans."

"It's not about the nakedness," the Post quotes band member Martie Maguire as saying. "It's about clothes getting in the way of labels."

Maguire and fellow musicians Emily Robison and Natalie Maines (news) said they posed nude for next week's issue of the magazine in response to the recent flap over Maines' remark at a London concert that they were "ashamed" President Bush (news - web sites) was from their home state of Texas.

The trio, who saw sales of their latest release plummet and fans smash their CDs after Maines' comment protesting the U.S.-led war on Iraq, said in a separate ABC TV "Primetime" interview to air on Thursday night that they fear for their lives amid criticism they say is "out of control."

Maines told ABC's Diane Sawyer she criticized Bush out of frustration and remains "passionate" in her anti-war views, even if she now regrets the remark. ABC released a transcript of the interview on Wednesday.

WAR QUESTIONS

"At that moment, on the eve of war, I had a lot of questions that I felt were unanswered," Maines said. "I think the way I said it was disrespectful. The wording I used, the way I said it, that was disrespectful. I feel regret for, you know, the choice of words. Am I sorry that I asked questions and that I don't just follow? No."

Maines, who was interviewed with Maguire and Robison, said despite telling the London audience she was "ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas," she does not feel that way.

"No, I'm not truly embarrassed that, you know, President Bush is from my state, that's not really what I care about," she said. "I felt like there was a lack of compassion every time I saw Bush talking about this. I honestly felt a lack of compassion for people that are questioning this (war), for the people that are about to die for this on both sides."

Bandmate Maguire said she understood why some fans would be upset by the remark but found much of the reaction to be disproportionate.

I saw the pix. They airbrushed the hell out of the fat lead singer, and probaly cut off some lard while they were at it. As for the other two, unless they do a lesbian sister photo shoot, they are both okay, For old chicks. Regardless, they need to shut the f up or they are going to beaten down by flag waving, pick up driving, tobaco chewing hillbilly from Ark or Tenn. But, If I was lit I would still f them. Really lit, off Uncle Joe Bob's moonshine.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by Sapexec

I saw the pix. They airbrushed the hell out of the fat lead singer, and probaly cut off some lard while they were at it. As for the other two, unless they do a lesbian sister photo shoot, they are both okay, For old chicks. Regardless, they need to shut the f up or they are going to beaten down by flag waving, pick up driving, tobaco chewing hillbilly from Ark or Tenn. But, If I was lit I would still f them. Really lit, off Uncle Joe Bob's moonshine.

hahahhahahhahahaha great post, especially coming from McLean. hahahhahaha im glad that some of you sliver spoon fed preppies are in touch with how hillbillies get down.

or something....