Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deeper Substance 2nd Birthday next week

demids

**Deeper Substance in association with Yoshitoshi Recordings

presents In House We Trust Vol3 Cd Launch Party**

WITH VERY SPECIAL GUESTS ON THE NIGHT

LUKE FAIR & DESYN MASIELLO.

Incredible to think two years have already passed since its humble beginnings in a tiny bar round the corner from Fabric called Jacomos. The past two years have been nothing short of a rollercoaster and there has been a lot of blood, sweat, a lot of hardship but on the back end of that, so many rewarding and unbelievable experiences in all of the 23 times Deeper Substance has taken place.

First off a massive massive thank you to every single DJ that has kindly agreed in one way or another to play alongside myself, Sian and Alex Sansford. Throughout the two years, we have tried to bring in as many different DJ's, big name and up and coming and try to diversify the nights from month to month.

I think you will see from the list of DJ's (ranging from Lee Burridge to Rui da Silva to Bill Brewster, Clive Henry, Ross Cale, Jonathan Lisle, Paolo Mojo, Deep Space Organisms...the list goes on and on.....) that have played that this has been the case and a contirbuting factor to the night's success.

With a next to nothing budget, Deeper Substance has managed to stand out and last amongst the many clubnights around the capital and that is down to the diverse and awesome crowd that continue to pack out the night.

Hvaing now established myself and settled at the new venue Thirteen now three months into the partnership, the night has grown from strength to strength and with the addition of a later licence, there is now total freedom in the music policy to really push ourselves.

This 2nd Birthday celebrations will be a massive night for me and all those involved in the night as I am delighted to have both Luke Fair and Desyn Masiello step in next to me and Alex as we see the official launch of the new "IN House We Trust" Cd compilation that will be released in June on Yoshitoshi Recordings.

For the night, an improved sound system on the already impressive set-up there at the venue will be in place for the lads and myself to give it a good seeing too and wil be the perfect way to kick off another Bank Holiday weekend of carnage.

Desyn and Luke are both on fire at the moment and you don't need me to tell you these guys are the ones to watch for the future. Tipped by Sander Kleinenberg and Deep Dish, Desyn Masiello's blend of sleazy funk fuelled house has seen him spread his sound to practically all four corners of the globe.

Luke's production work and skills on the decks speak for itslef, now signed to Bullit Bookings this man is going places and is an exclusive to Deeper Substance next week.

Please come down and show your support, let your hair down and dance ur asses, tits and whatever else on you to the floor.

There is a paying guestlist available at the reduced rate of £7. Please email demi@deepersubstance.com for this and please also arrive as early as possible so as to avoid any disappointment.

For those who cannot make the night for obvious reasons, we will have the whole show recorded too and there will be announcement on the website as and when this is broadcast :)

Thanks again to all those who have supported the night and her's to another two years of more party madness

:)

Yoshitoshi-A3a.jpg

Wow what an incredible night we had on Friday at Deeper Substance.

It was without the best Deeper Substance party to date with a total sell out and has been worth the blood and sweat put into what was such an important night for me personally with Yoshitoshi Records agreeing and giving me the go ahead to host the launch party for Luke and Desyn's new CD. With all the awesome coverage in the press and on Radio One that the night had received, I was hoping for a sell out on the night.

With a new improved monstrous soundsystem for the room, everything was set and the night ended up being as rammed as the first night we launched at 13 when James Zabiela played.

Last year on the 1st Birthday we had some free bottle of bubbly handed out just to get everybody who had arrived early in the party mood and this definitely seemd to go down well....especially with the girlies ;)

Alex once again warmed everything up with his vintage deep funk house sounds and he has developed so much in the space of two years and I hope he uses this as a platform to further his work as a DJ.

I was ecstatic with how I played and there is no better feeling when you feel that. Especially since I had had two shit shit days at work which put me in a downer playing again was just what I needed and was itching to get on the decks.

As for Luke and Desyn. These two talents done themselves justice with an awesome display of pure sleaze and funk tearing through the speakers.

Big props to the owners for lettign us stay open for an extra hour and half and to everybody that turned up. Apolgies to those who missed out on the promo goodies given away on the night - you should have arrived early!!!

Pictures will be up tomorrow and will post when I have upload. I also have pictures from the following night when I played at Cream in the Annexe which was unreal. Though the club is no where near a shadow of how good it used to be, The Annexe still has that magic and playing 3 hours there was an unreal thrill and myself, Louis Edwards and Jon Carter defintely showed the trance massive in the other rooms that we can pack a room out with good house music.....and met so many crazy scousers on the night...LLOOOOONATICS..... good seeing Mr Nolan again too....how much fun..sorry I didn't come to the afterparty bro it's a LONG LONG STORY.....Curse of Liverpool strikes again on the demster...

Next month's Deeper Substance party should be another blast with special guest Danny Moore from New Orleans who i cannot wait to hear and also VERY SPECIAL guest, Spundae and Liquified maestro KAZELL...along with live sax on the night as well provided by Vasha (this guy is unreal btw :), this should be another belter...

hope you can join us

:)

DS-A6-June-Front.jpg

With all the awesome coverage in the press and on Radio One that the night had received

:eek:

Glad to hear the party was rockin.....i'm sure the next one will be as well.

can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Cheers! :)