Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Eat 'em, Stacey...

arrakis

Trance is the bastard child of house...

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Hey does anyone know what is up with the smoke at space? I went for the first time saturday came out from orlando. We got blasted from the fog and air. Is it like that through the whole room or was that just where I was sitting. Killed my roll. I had to run out of the room cause I got so freaked out and cold I didn't know what was happening. I thought space was super cool. I will never forget that experiece. I will definately be back.

Stacey, Wasn't able to make it sugar, We'll have to plan it out again thoroughly, I didn't leave Crobar till about 5:30am then through a series of crazy events, didn't get home till about 12:00pm. hit me up sweety, laterz

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do, and how well you do it."

-------------------------

The cold you felt was a nitrogen vapor fog system. Cozied away somewhere in Space, there's a few tanks of liquid nitrogen that are vented from ports in the cieling. When liquid nitrogen touches air, it vaporizes, forming a very cold inert gas, which is what you felt. Instant air conditioning!

Get used to it if you come more often, most respectable clubs have one installed smile.gif.

------------------

Add +175 to my message count!

rene- okay, so i admit saturday house at space was off the hook! BUT it wasnt hard house, more like progessive house/trance house-if there is such a thing? anyway, always have a great time w' ya kid and was nice to meet up w' dan and danielle again!

lets play again soon....

digital-were ya there buddy? didnt get your pm unitl this morning. hmm, maybe next time...

Originally posted by macfunk19:

arraki open your mind . dont be close minded.arrakis if u know music u know house is not related to trance. techno is more related to trance.disco is related to house frankie kunckls

macfunk stop talking out of your ass - you're starting to stink...before you start mouthing b.s. like this, why don't you go do some research on music history - first came house, then came trance - in between is everything from tech-house to progressive house to crap house ala george acosta... covers a span of over 30 years or more...

its all one big HOUSE...

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

RENE!... funny, but you seemed to be having a good time on the floor w/ that lil freak danielle!!! yo, i heard some chick stacey was there! but i didn't see much of her, how 'bout you....gum, mentos anybody???? and dan breakin out w/ the chemistry answer up above....i thought that cool breeze was strangers blowing on my neck!!!!

hey, if i live through this week (midterms) who's on fo' so'mo sat. night?????

and loraine, i'm lookin' for you!!!!! cwm27.gifcwm38.gifcwm1.gifcwm9.gif

----------------

"you see, HOUSE IS A FEELING"

[This message has been edited by littled (edited 02-27-2001).]

PLEASE, Little Goddess... you know I'm in! (I still need to get you back for catching me shrug early on... me thinking I'd get away with err... I mean...)

Lemme know what your plans are. I'm certainly game, save this time you're playing in my court!!!

(Tietso Friday? Or are you a strictly Saturday night kinda gal?)

Lemme know,

Rene'

------------------

cwm38.gif yeah yeah yeah.... i'm game for firday night rene.

the question is... can you handle both nights??? ... stace', pod, friday night cool???

------------

"....the last one standing wins."

[This message has been edited by littled (edited 02-28-2001).]

digital> woo hoo! lets meet up this time. you know the #....

dan-we'll miss buddy :-( idk if im going sat night-my friend frm ny is coming in town. it depends on what he wants to do... chat w' ya soon.

[This message has been edited by staceyg5 (edited 03-01-2001).]

I'd love to meet up with you all at Space but I'm not sure I can make it yet. My other half needs to get his work schedule first (if you know what I mean). Anyway, if we do make it, how do I find you guys? What time will you be getting there? cwm27.gif

I wish I could do friday, but I have an obligation regarding photo work then.

But Saturday sounds nice. I have a clean slate so I can hang with you guys.. smile.gif

------------------

Add +175 to my message count!

• 2 weeks later...

Arakis you kill me "trance is the bastard child of house" and all this time i thought house stemed from the Trax record lable in chicago circa 1985/6 (marshall jefferson etc) and that Trance apart from detroits techno influence came from the european electronica influence (kraftwerk etc) thank you for correcting me and the rest of the club scene who have been wildly misinformed for all these years

do some research before you start typing fool

G

Garfield> Big words from such a small person... wow; if you know your music history so well, then why do you blindly follow all of the scene's passing trends? First trance and now hard house. And for your information, the term "house" comes from the parties Frankie Knuckles used to have in Chicago; where a variety of music was played - not simply the bandwagon approach that you take.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Archived