Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club 320?

arrakis

For those of you who've been, I was wondering if you could please comment... as much info as possible would be greatly appreciated! Thanks... cwm16.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Its a nice room...more upscale in decor and crowd...music is mostly disco-filtered stuff ala subliminal...more commercial I guess...

It's all about the VIPs in there. More VIP areas than I've ever seen and not much dancefloor...Overall just not my cup of tea..

But worth a try I guess.....

PEACE,

KINGSTREET smile.gif

I've been there a few times...it's worth it if you're in the know and can get in comped. I'm a fan of the filtered disco stuff, so I don't mind going...Owner Michael Capponi tends to mingle with the crowd and is an overall nice guy...

Yeah, it is very VIP and upscale though...dress to impress for sure smile.gif.

An image for your pleasure smile.gif

------------------

Add +175 to my message count!

How about its capacity for a party; such as during the WMC? In other words, how's the size of the dancefloor, the soundsystem, DJ booth, layout, etc. Thanks again!

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Capacity...about 500 people max.

Sound system...very well done. EAW Avalons downstairs with Nexo PS series for supplemental coverage...Lighting by LWR...some trackspots and Technobeams, supplemented by Martin MAC series lighting,

You nearly bump into the DJ booth when you first walk in...standard 2 1200s hooked up to one of those new Allen and Heath Xone mixers...

------------------

320 has some cool aspects, but overall i'm not at all interested in ever going back to this venue. the sound is nice, they have the best placed dj booth on the beach, but thats where the pats on the back end from me. it's WAY to bright in there, the dance floor is really small, but seeing as nobody really dances there i guess that don't matter. the VIP is what it's all about in there. people just kinda stand around, force fake laughs, and gawk at each other. nuff said.

it's a nice spot, but like james said, it's too bright and the best part about it is the placement of the dj booth. the way to go is VIP. if not...it's not worth payin.

i actually went last thursday. dimitry was there. if it wasn't for the fact that i got in for free, i wouldn't have gone. but...even though i DID get in for free...it wasn't even worth it. his set sucked. plain and simple.

------------------

I've got the beat...the one for your mind as well as your feet!

AIM: Phatskils2

arrakis> dont even bother wasting your time. venue is small, no room to dance, too much vip, upstairs is small too and hot as f**k, disappointing music (couldnt figure out what they were trying to play), cheesy people ~ for the 1st time, the list can go on.... hey, im glad i checked it out though; cause you never know until you try something, right? all in all---booooring!

It don't matter; the party ain't happening there anyways...

------------------

I think 320 intends itself on realistically being a VIP only place...they have non-VIP access of course, but it's very limited. So the general consensus is you should only go if you're VIP somehow smile.gif.

------------------

well went last night and had tons of fun. The place is mostly VIP, so not many people was dancing. The crowd was a mix of old, young, black, white, tourists, locals(VIP), and whatever.

The music was really cool, some disco house and tribal mixed with progressive,(they played that song that goes:"dance to my beat".

Would like to know the name of the DJ, was a black bold guy and he was groovin' it.

my experience was a positive one.looking forward to go again.

Thats why im a fan of DJ EDGAR V he is a peoples dj.Much respect for you edgar your not like the rest of the djs in miami that think they are to cool to post here.It shows how down to earth you are.Much luck in Space&Future.Even if u dont need it

EDGARD, you the man bro!! thank you, yes Wendel was groovin it.

Thanks for all the awesome sets at Space keep it growing!!!!

well one last question, what's the name of that song that goes:

"can you dance to my beat".

Once again thanx for the info.

Malan> It's called "My Beat" by Blaze and it was probably the Ambassador remix... the original is way better in my opinion.

------------------

"Thats why im a fan of DJ EDGAR V he is a peoples dj.Much respect for you edgar your not like the rest of the djs in miami that think they are to cool to post here.It shows how down to earth you are.Much luck in Space&Future.Even if u dont need it"

macfunk> could this be? we agree on something-holly shit! anywaz, edgar-you are truly awesome; as a dj and as a person! your hard work will continue to pay off and much luck at the conference. btw: thxs for saturday night.

[This message has been edited by staceyg5 (edited 03-12-2001).]

What does it take to get an audition set in this town. After playing Liquid, Groove Jet, and Power Studios a few times, I've found it difficult to get a foot in the door to many clubs. I have several demos of my mixes which have had good reviews by those who have heard them. I've submitted my tapes to various clubs but still nothing. Any suggestions? I spin house, breaks and some trance. The house I spin is along the lines of Sasha or Digweed. The breakbeats I spin are along the lines of Dynamix II, Jackal and Hyde, or Baby Anne. The trance I spin is like Union Jack or Art of Trance. Any suggestions for me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived