Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Tiesto - Nyana (Album) Review!

Ronin

Lizzy-check out balaeric bill's "destination sunshine"...it is from 99...I saw Tiesto at Limelight a few years ago...I was relatively impressed...but nothing will compare to seeing him in Amsterdam....maybe it is because i was :goofy: ....or perhaps it's because it was his native land and the peak of uplifting Trance (99)...but that night almost singlehandedly made me a fan of dance music....

Fliz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fliz77

Lizzy-check out balaeric bill's "destination sunshine"...it is from 99...I saw Tiesto at Limelight a few years ago...I was relatively impressed...but nothing will compare to seeing him in Amsterdam....maybe it is because i was :goofy: ....or perhaps it's because it was his native land and the peak of uplifting Trance (99)...but that night almost singlehandedly made me a fan of dance music....

Fliz

amsterdam is the shit...cant wait to go back...

Fliz

i will :) thanks for the rec!

you guys are all nuts...he peaked with "Sparkles", his mix of Balaeric Bill's "Destination Sunshine", and the OBVIOUS ONE, "silence"....

Fliz

exactly esp. his power mix not his shit destination sunshine dub

Destination Sunshine.....wow.......

I remember this song. It usually followed Mario Piu's 'Serendipity' (translator anyone???). Never heard him drop it in the states though. The buildup is not of this world:eek: :eek:

All you Tiesto haters are fucking retarded the man has been dropping records since he was 12 years old and his productions are nothing short of incredible. He has perfected and personified a signature sound that will always be recognized in the Trance movement through the years.

Is Tiesto my favorite dj no, Are his mixing skills the best far from it I have heard him trainwreck a thousand times especially in his Isreal performance(that happen's when you have 15 redbull&vodka's his fav drink) , however you cannot get past the man's production skills whether it's his remixes or actual creation's the man has serious talent and has proved himself over and over again in this Industry.

His latest cd Nyana is a good selection of tracks especially the Gabriel &Dresden' reworks these guys are off the charts lately with their work. Tiesto is one of the few DJ'S that's keeping Trance alive and moving.

Now someone come on here with justification that

Originally posted by zoolander

Originally posted by smokesum

Lethal Industry..never could get into it

:jawdrop::lol3:

WOW.......never thought I would see that line in my life. Smokesum, I will be laughing all weekend thinking about that line.

what cant you understand?? the song aint all that..i never said it sucked..just not all that...urban train is much better

relax rookie....2 years from now..youll be like I cant believe I loved Tiesto so much

and besides.....everyone got their own taste..regardless how bad some peoples' can be..like yourself

:lol3:

Have your taste, mine will be the same in two years I'm sure.

Not only are his beats sick, his mixes better, IMO it's his attidude that continues draws the crowd.

What DJ have you seen, throw on a record and go off and sign autographs, dance on his turntables, pump his fist and smile with the crowd. Even the Nicest DJ's like JV, throw in a wave here and there, but tiesto includes himself in the crowd.( JV has come out and danced onced in awhile now that i think of it:D ) Tiesto has that connection with his fans. I respect that and appreciate his music more b/c of it.

:lol3:

Have your taste, mine will be the same in two years I'm sure.

Not only are his beats sick, his mixes better, IMO it's his attidude that continues draws the crowd.

What DJ have you seen, throw on a record and go off and sign autographs, dance on his turntables, pump his fist and smile with the crowd. Even the Nicest DJ's like JV, throw in a wave here and there, but tiesto includes himself in the crowd.( JV has come out and danced onced in awhile now that i think of it:D ) Tiesto has that connection with his fans. I respect that and appreciate his music more b/c of it.

yea well after 15 vodka redbulls, i'd be dancing on my turntables too.....but if thats the reason why you like him so much.that goes to show what shallow taste you have

yea well after 15 vodka redbulls, i'd be dancing on my turntables too.....but if thats the reason why you like him so much.that goes to show what shallow taste you have

first off-- please understand that Liking Tiesto is not a sign of "lack of musical knowledge" or "immaturity"

that comment u made about years from now u'll look back and say i cant believe i liked him--thats rediculous

You are into different DJ's i guess, different sounds. Thats fine bro--enjoy them. Thats what the music is here for. Obviously there are people here who dig tiesto's music, his track selection, his energy. His set from Ultra is amazing, it was even better to be there....

regardless u see what im saying?

ok diplomatmikebugout............

Originally posted by djmikebugout

first off-- please understand that Liking Tiesto is not a sign of "lack of musical knowledge" or "immaturity"

I never once stated it was a lack of musical knowledge...i actually stated Ronin (Tiesto's number #1 fan) knows his music

that comment u made about years from now u'll look back and say i cant believe i liked him--thats rediculous
i didnt say he'd question that he would like...i stated that he would question how he liked him "SO MUCH".....theres a difference......i have a valid point......two years from now....50% of Tiesto's fanbase will have moved on to bigger and better things...ala Paul Oakenfold
You are into different DJ's i guess, different sounds. Thats fine bro--enjoy them. Thats what the music is here for. Obviously there are people here who dig tiesto's music, his track selection, his energy. His set from Ultra is amazing, it was even better to be there....
yea and people who like a DJ because he dances on his turntables got no validity whatsoever
regardless u see what im saying?

i never said the guy was talentless..all i said was he's overated...and im not the only one who thinks that

ok diplomatmikebugout............

I never once stated it was a lack of musical knowledge...i actually stated Ronin (Tiesto's number #1 fan) knows his music

i didnt say he'd question that he would like...i stated that he would question how he liked him "SO MUCH".....theres a difference......i have a valid point......two years from now....50% of Tiesto's fanbase will have moved on to bigger and better things...ala Paul Oakenfold

yea and people who like a DJ because he dances on his turntables got no validity whatsoever

i never said the guy was talentless..all i said was he's overated...and im not the only one who thinks that

Shaddup and go back to waiting for MV to play Hollow.:laugh:

WOW, you guys need to kick back. I really hope you guys have better things to do and more important things to worry about then commenting on Tiesto's style and fans.

Everyone gets all worked up and shit..... to each his own.

Lets all relax and get ready for the "WORLDS #1 DJ...TIESTO", lol May 16th.

WOW, you guys need to kick back. I really hope you guys have better things to do and more important things to worry about then commenting on Tiesto's style and fans.

Everyone gets all worked up and shit..... to each his own.

Lets all relax and get ready for the "WORLDS #1 DJ...TIESTO", lol May 16th.

#1 in your crooked vision

I just go the cd today and i think its very good. Tiesto to me drops the perfect beats and sounds at the times I want to here it. I'm into alot of different styles of music, but trance wise I think he is one of the best. granted his mixing style may not be all that, but I feel his production skills, track selection, an the way he works the crowd to be very impressive.