Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WAKE UP MIAMI !!!!

givemeabreak

Originally posted by thepulse:

NYC Rules, NUFF Said! The sense of community there is something Miami could learn a lesson from, people are moving here due to the climate but that's it. What is with Miami anyway, people get comped drinks and don't even tip a bartender!!!! Where do these people come from?

sense of communtiy? oh don't even go there. not sure if you remember or not, but during the whole Elian incident, over 100,000 people got together to peacefully protest against the government. not too far in homestead, thousands also protested. even though it was FOR the government, it was still a community coming together. at least we don't have men raping and tearing the clothes off of women during some parade. so don't come to me with this community bullshit.

about migrating because of weather...yes i'll admit that most do that. but they also would like to get away from the dark, dirty, cold, negative minded aspects that new york does have.

these negative remarks just prove how narrowminded some of you are. miami is not just about south beach, the music and bars. there's much more behind it.

if you'd stop worrying about tips and clubs and this and that, and start paying attention to yourself, you would find out what this world really has to offer.

whatever...just dropping more "SENSE" in the piggy bank.

[This message has been edited by phrankadelic (edited 03-08-2001).]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you people are a getting a little off topic. The initial post actually had a good point. I really don't think that post was a NY bashing Miami post. It was a people in Miami bashing other people in Miami post. I'm new to the board but I have noticed House people bashing on trance people. Trance people bashing on Trance/glowstick people. Trance/glowstick people don't even bother writing on the board because you've alienated them.

George my friend, you have written eloquently. cwm12.gif

cwm15.gif Now hopefully some of us will learn from this experience. The big problem with the Miami community is truly the lack there-of. I think it stems from so many transplants trying to claim the turf (myself included- A Native New Orleanian).

BTW: if you think N.Y. is "all that" then you obviously have never been to New Orleans... Now this is the town that invented the worlds best free party & the "We Never Close" mentality. And you definitely can get away with anything, including lewd sex acts in the streets. (O.K. well anything except, for throwing a party called a "RAVE" at the State Palace Theatre... but that's another post) cwm13.gif

------------------

Peace & Blessings,

B-SIDE

"The DJ From Another Planet"™

More NYC versus Miami BS...oh god.

IM sorry but I've lived in Miami for 5 years, now living IN NYC for 7. There is no way you can even compare the two . Miami is a fucking pimple On NYC's ass. Other than clubbin and the good weather it has absolutely nothing to offer for someone of any intellectual kind. NYC has SOOO much to offer other than clubbing. Broadway, art, conventions, the list goes on and on. So like I said, don't compare the two cause Miami has got nuttin on NYC.

It's this attitude that makes people despise NYC. Just about 2 hours ago, a noted photographer said to me...'I fucking hate NYC, I haven't been back there in 20 years, everyone there thinks they are God's gift to culture, life, and so forth...'

Each city has it's upside, and each city has it's downside....get used to it, and I'll be honest, New York's not going to be the top dog forever...some other city could easily topple it in the next 5-10 years..not necessarily Miami, but someone will.

I must say it again though. If you hate Miami, leave. I don't need you in front of me in traffic, sucking up my gas, holding up the line at clubs, taking up my parking...

------------------

Add +175 to my message count!

new york, and miami are unique in their own way. as a transplanted new yorker; I can say new york is not perfect, and neither is miami. I spent over 18 years of my life in new york, and it is a part of who I am today. miami is now my home, and I enjoy most aspects of miami. miami is also a very young city, and seeing it grow and mature ; is a wonderful thing to witness.. as far as clubs go, they are getting better and more diverse. it is great going to shadow lounge, space, crobar, etc and seeing people enjoying each other’s company, and the music. I’ve always believed as far as clubs go; that the dj creates the music and we the clubbers create the environment. that environment should be accepting of “all” people ...

Peace,

sobeton cwm32.gif

hey everyone im also new here but i have been going to parties for a while. i noticed one thing rather its ny or miami we are still in america, and i think it time to take in much as we can from where ever it maybe from (ie, if there is alot of culture in ny pass it on make a differnce)i live in dc and i tell you ny and miami really dont have it that bad.like i said im new here so please do beat me up too bad to really think about how much better well be if everyone "accepts"

[This message has been edited by lionshadow9 (edited 03-08-2001).]

hey everyone im also new here but i have been going to parties for a while. i noticed one thing rather its ny or miami we are still in america,

Miami's part of america? (ba dum ching!)

But what you said about being in DC and us not having it so bad is right...I've seen the 'scene' in places besides Miami,NYC, and SF, and it really is deplorable...usually due to local authorites...

------------------

look guys---this debate can go on & on & on.... everyone has good points and is entitled to say their opinion no matter where there from-its called your 1st amendment!

i know i've tried repeatedly to get people to "meet up" and its the same people who show up all the time. oh well, it's other people's loss for not giving it a chance. and who knows; you might be missing out on meeting some great people who you can have fun with and learn from...

personally, i don’t give a flying f**k what your perferences are. if your a genuine nice person who appreciates the privilege to hear such great talent, then i want you around me...

Whatever the reason...things shouldn't be this uptight and frustrating.

I still enjoy the parties in Miami.And for the WMC forget about it.

I'm down to meet up with some of you pep's just send me an PM. I'm always willing to met some new friends.

Steve

Let me tell u something people from NY.NY u will never in the history of your ugly city will have the best djs in the world come together in one place like in miami.NY why do u think they picked miami for wmc & ultra fest beacuse we have the best partys.For a small city we kick your ugly big ass city.And for all the NY people that are coming to miami for WMC we miami people will show u a good time. cwm1.gif

[This message has been edited by macfunk19 (edited 03-10-2001).]

macfunk> i agree with you that the last week of march, miami is the only place to be. i don't think 16 years ago when the first conference emerged that they knew it was going to explode like it did. thanks to the rampant use of 'e' is when things changed drastically.

i remember the conference used to be about freestyle not house.

however, i strongly disagree that this ugly city of ours doesn't have some of the best djs playing here week after week.

Just take a look at twilo's line-up alone for the past few months and that's a mini-conference in its own.

I dont mean to be confrontational but the only reason the the WMC is in Miami is that the guy who started it up happens to be from here,no other reason

I live in Miami and it is one hell of a town but lets be honest Miami people which club down here compares to the Twilo,exit,limelight etc...we have some good places (space,crobar etc)and our weather pisses on NYC but weather means nothing to the club kids coz if im not mistaken most clubs are indoors

both cities have pro's and con's why argue I'm and englishman living in your country and believe me any city in the states is better than what we did to our scene in the UK. we destroyed it with corperate back stabbing,bickering,money oriented greed,

now its a mainstream pop whore.....

don't ruin it people,it's beautifull and its ours (cheezy but true)

enjoy it while we can before the suits get it like back home

G

twilo line-up march/april 2001

3/16 sven vath + miss djax + anthony rother

3/17 danny howells 7 hour set 3/23 nick warren + sander kleinenberg + pascal feos 3/30 sasha + digweed 4th yr anniversary

3/31 pete tong 6hr set

4/6 terry francis + josh wink + doc martin

4/7 dave seaman + chris fortier

4/13 pvd + luis diaz anniversary party

4/14 twilo's 6th b-day party w/ d-tenaglia and john digweed

4/20 tba

4/21 timo maas + breeder

4/27 digweed + cusick

5/4 lawler + quivver + dj three

how bad does ny suck? and this is just oneclub

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 03-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 03-17-2001).]

Bla Bla Bla Twilo this, Exit that...agggh!!!

Sure, the DJs mentioned may not stop down here as much as some of you may like, but we've still got an excellent crop of local DJs, who usually are well regarded globally, though not on the scale (yet) as much as S & D, Oakenfold, etc...I enjoy what Padilla, Edgar, and Oscar spin as much, maybe even more so, than what Sasha and John, or Steve Lawler drop...

People come to Miami not just for the DJs, they come for the different experience of clubbing. They come to see the glitz, the glamour...they come to see the beautiful people a lot of you deride...

Where else outside of maybe Los Angeles can you see a million dollars plus worth of exotic Italian engineering hovering outside the front door of the club? Where else can you perhaps meet and converse (yes I've done so) with a mind numbingly hot supermodel? (Laetita I love you! hahaahah)

I'm just citing a few examples here, but basically I'm saying is people go to NYC to hear the talent and "keep it real", whatever that may mean. People come to Miami to hear the talent (local, and international), and get the whole 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous...' experience...

I for one don't want Miami to become another New York. I want to still be able to visit NYC for a change of pace (and change of diet, damnit you can't get a good antipasti soup around here...)and to experience something different... Every scene should strive to be it's own individual charachter...it's what makes a place worth visiting!

------------------

Originally posted by noira:

New York - community

wait - i'm falling off my seat laughing.

New York is - interesting - let's just leave it at that. I've spent some time in new york - met some very, uh, interesting folks, helped at a few, uh, interesting parties... New York's sense of community is directly in line with its sense of where the money is at.

the fact that the new york board required a SEPARATE board for drama speaks volumes.

the fact that a new york person felt the need to create a separate identity in order to post anonomously on the miami board just to diss miami is also interesting.

p.s. - it's 78 degrees and sunny today and i'm hitting the beach at lunch - how's new york looking eh?

its cold as hell here cwm14.gif

Originally posted by patrickl:

I love it when New Yorkers slam Miami...it's just too easy. The bottom line, if New York is so great, such a better community and city than Miami, why have New Yorkers been moving HERE in droves - for decades now?

Beyond the obvious cultural attractions, I'm not impressed at all with NYC. It's crowded, dark, and dirty. And, as Noira alluded, the weather is crap.

I agree with you man. The only problem i see with you post is most of the people moving down from ny to miami are 80+ years old.

Originally posted by manhattan420:

I agree with you man. The only problem i see with you post is most of the people moving down from ny to miami are 80+ years old.

Yeah, that's true. I'll give you that. I'm sure that taking a census of Century Village residents would yield a high percentage of transplanted New Yorkers. So what say we bury the NYC/Miami argument for good? I say we all calm down and let the Heat-Knicks, Dolphins-Jets fight it out on the court and/or field......hehe

Originally posted by patrickl:

Yeah, that's true. I'll give you that. I'm sure that taking a census of Century Village residents would yield a high percentage of transplanted New Yorkers. So what say we bury the NYC/Miami argument for good? I say we all calm down and let the Heat-Knicks, Dolphins-Jets fight it out on the court and/or field......hehe

Your on man. With out Alonzo the Heat have no chance against the Knicks. Keep Dreaming

cwm4.gif

Archived