marcodavalos

attachment.php?postid=1433111

Bliss Productions

presents:

P:M Sessions

featuring

DJ Anthony Pappa

Extended Set

(Global Underground / Renaissance UK / Bliss)

Friday May 9th @ Nerve

Opening set by Jon Cowan

(Bliss / Renaissance USA / Cosmack)

Open Bar 10 - 12

Bliss and P:M Sessions have joined efforts in this opportunity to bring back to the beach one of the most respected DJ acts, Global Underground DJ Anthony Pappa. It is P:M Sessions' 1st Year Anniversary and, to celebrate in style, we are honored to welcome the DJ recognized as the master of underground sounds.

Certainly this building brings us all those nostalgic memories of the start of P:M Sessions at Lola almost a year ago. Nerve has an improved Phazon sound system, completely remodeled infrastructure and classy lighting. Nevertheless, it maintains the essence of Lola’s underground feeling. Feeling which is shared by our P:M Sessions nights.

Hope to see many of you supporting a night of true underground music.

Mark your calendars. Is a night not to be missed.

Nerve is located at: 247 23rd Street, Miami Beach

www.anthonypappa.net

www.blissproductions.com

www.phatmusic.org

www.nervemiami.com

Next P:M Sessions >> Dave Seaman and Infusion Live / Friday June 13th @ Nerve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! one week and counting.. this night is going to be amazing..

anthony pappa in a small room with a phason sound system = absolute musical bliss - :D:tongue::D :D :tongue::) Hope too see you all next friday!!

also - tonight at nerve friday may 2nd.. will be Jon Cowan & Ariel Baund - come by and say hello..free drinks for ladies til 1am!!

Originally posted by jcbliss

wow! one week and counting.. this night is going to be amazing..

anthony pappa in a small room with a phason sound system = absolute musical bliss - :D:tongue::D :D :tongue::) Hope too see you all next friday!!

also - tonight at nerve friday may 2nd.. will be Jon Cowan & Ariel Baund - come by and say hello..free drinks for ladies til 1am!!

hey Jon get one of your pals to start up a poll for old time sakes:idea:

Originally posted by lolahotass

Owwwwwwwwww I wanna go to this:eek: Not sure if I can though:(

Anything is possible Lola ... ;)

Plus it will be an experience only a few of us can enjoy ... a HUGE DJ in a small venue with HUGE SOUND ... few things can beat that ... :)

MD

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Anything is possible Lola ... ;)

Plus it will be an experience only a few of us can enjoy ... a HUGE DJ in a small venue with HUGE SOUND ... few things can beat that ... :)

MD

Yaaa I know i know.... but I just am slammed right now:(

Well, after a long day at the beach, I can't wait for all my locals to show up to Nerve next Friday. It is about giving back to my people what Sobe used to be.

Great reaction, nice to see so many friends, happy we are back. Real people, really good looking peeps. :D

Get some sleep during the week guys. This is some real stuff coming. ;)

Nerve Lounge

247 23rd street

Miami Beach, FL. 33139

305-695-8697 office

305-695-8699 fax

www.NerveMiami.com

NerveMiami@aol.com

we are all stoked for these events ...hope to see everyone there

also every Tues. is "lolita" - free admission all night

retro , 80's, hip hop , electroclash

-------------------------

EVERY SATURDAY "MODEL" HIP HOP AT IT'S BEST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday night calendar

Friday, may 9th

bliss productions in association with PM Sessions present

INTERNATIONAL SUPER STAR DJ

Anthony Pappa (special extended set)

with special guest DJ Jon cowan (bliss)

ALONG WITH resident DJ's ROMAN RICARDO & MICHAEL STORMS

--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, may 16th

cool junkie & A3 TV, THE STREET, BACARDI

PRESENT

INTERNATIONAL SUPER STAR DJ's

LAYO & BUSHWACKER (special extended set)

AND SPECIAL GUEST CRAIG DEMO

----------------------------

FRIDAY, MAY 30TH

OCEAN DRIVE PARTY

&

TONY HUMPHRIES (special extended set)

----------------------------------

FRIDAY, JUNE 13TH

bliss productions present

DAVE SEAMAN (special extended set)

JON COWAN (BLISS)

PLUS

SPECIAL GUEST "INFUSION" PERFORMING "LIVE"

-----------------------------------------

NERVE IS A VERY INTIMATE CLUB........ AND ALL EVENTS HAVE VERY LIMITED CAPACITY SO PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY FOR GUARANTEED ADMISSION

SOUND BY "PHAZON" - DESIGNED BY STEVE DASH

Nerve Lounge

247 23rd street

Miami Beach, FL. 33139

305-695-8697 office

305-695-8699 fax

www.NerveMiami.com

NerveMiami@aol.com

Originally posted by nervemaimi

----------------------------------

FRIDAY, JUNE 13TH

bliss productions present

DAVE SEAMAN (special extended set)

JON COWAN (BLISS)

PLUS

SPECIAL GUEST "INFUSION" PERFORMING "LIVE"

-----------------------------------------

:eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Hi Jon Cowan, Christina Russo here, Me and my honey will try to make it out to this one. Sorry we never seem to make it to your parties, when you're in love, sometimes that's all the Bliss ;) you need

We'll try to more often when we can...show some support...like old times...Anthony Pappa!!

Originally posted by biznation00

Count me in Marcos!! :)

It will be my pleasure to host you Biz.;)

Anthony Pappa, great quote:

it's not about being dark, it's about not being too commercial. I mean, you can play uplifting tracks and you can play moodier tracks but I think it's about getting the combination of the two to keep the crowd interested and to educate them, and also give them a good time because if you played dark all night, I don't think people would walk away happy. So I mean, I wouldn't say I play darker. I play underground, but that's not necessarily dark.

Sharing an interview to Pappa. You know what to expect. Enjoy. ;)

The Globetrotting Pappa

There a few Australian DJ's that have made a true international impact in their trade, and Melbourne's Anthony Pappa is one of those rare few. After moving to England years ago to further his career, Anthony now demands respect the world over, and especially in Europe where Anthony basically resides due to his intense schedule in the region.

Highly respected due to his seamless and technically proficient mixing and cutting edge track selection, Pappa has gained recognition through his Nubreed mix with Global Underground and also his recent Resolutions mix release. We caught up with the globetrotting boy from Down Under to find out how he is pogressing in this demanding industry.

How was the year 2002 for one of Australia’s most successful DJ’s?

It was a good year for me. I travelled the world consistently playing gig’s everywhere and really enjoyed the gig’s.

For those have not heard you in a while, how would you describe your current sound and tastes?

My sound is underground dance music. House, Tech House, Progressive, Techno and Breakbeat.

Where did you play on NYE? How was it?

I played in Charlotte which is in North Carolina in America. It was a great gig and l really enjoyed playing there. I love the atmosphere at the NYE party’s. Everyone is in a great mood and ready for a good night.

You play an enormous amount of gigs a year, more than most DJ’s would ever dream of. How was it to actually having some time off over Christmas?

It was great. I wanted to be in Australia to celebrate Christmas with my family and l also booked some time off to give myself a well deserved holiday from the very busy year that I had just had.

You spend plenty of your time DJ’ing in Europe. What is the scene like in Europe compared to the UK, US and Australia for example?

The scene in Europe is great and the party’s and club’s are excellent but not all countries are the same. Some of my favourite places to play in Europe are Budapest, Greece, Turkey, Holland, Romania and Spain. The scene in some of these countries that l play at is really exciting. The clubbers are really into the music for the right reasons and they haven’t been spoilt like the clubbers in the UK, who are a little tired and bored of the whole scene. I also like the different culture's that you get from so many different countries in Europe.

Are there any new Pappa and Gilbey tracks coming out soon, or perhaps any other productions with other artists?

Yes there is a new Pappa and Gilbey single ready to come out but we still need to give it a name. It’s untitled at the moment.

The advancement of technology has meant many new avenues for DJ’s. Do you notice that you are now receiving a lot more promo’s in CDR form these days? What are your thoughts on CDR decks?

Yes I’m definitely getting a lot of CDR’s sent or given to me as promo’s. I think some of the new CD player’s are brilliant and I don’t mind playing some CD’s in my set if it’s a good track that I’ve got and it’s not been pressed on vinyl yet.

We have seen many changes in the last 18 months in the progressive sound. At the moment it seems to have returned to a more melodic side of things after being very dark for quite some time. What is your whole take on this? And what producers seem to be performing best at the moment for your current tastes?

I think that it’s a good thing because some of the progressive records we’re becoming very dull and boring. It kind of went up it’s own arse a bit and lost the plot and now your hearing better record’s with a lot more thought and musical content put into them. Some producer’s that I’m into at the moment are Rui Da Silva, Peace Division, Lexicon Avenue, Main Element and King Britt.

What producers or DJ’s have been influential to you over the years?

My main DJ influences would have to be Sasha, John Digweed and Dave Seaman.

In the little spare time that you have, what musical styles do you listen to?

I always like to check out some Hip Hop or Drum n’ Bass but most of the time l will listen to Ambient or chill out CD’s depending on what mood I’m in at the time.

Hope you guys are ready.:)