Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone else fiending Matrix 2?

I am, I downloaded the Sountrack yesterday,and ANIMATRIX. Im wet with anticipation... I also saw the preview last night with X-2 and the crowd went crazy... It never gets old...

I can't wait for this movie already...

Originally posted by ladyshady

ive never even seen the first one

i guess im missing out :(

missing out is an understatement... But its not to late, Run to your nearest blockbuster and get yourself the DVD ( don't waste your time with VHS !!!)

'Matrix' Sequels to Screen in IMAX Format

Wed, Apr 23, 2003, 02:04 PM PT

HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) - Fans of "The Matrix" be able to get closer and more personal with the two upcoming "Matrix" sequel now that IMAX has announced plans to release IMAX versions of the Wachowski brothers' "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions."

"We're excited to give fans the opportunity to experience the world of 'The Matrix' in this spectacular format," says Joel Silver, producer of the "Matrix" trilogy. "The IMAX experience of both 'The Matrix Reloaded' and 'The Matrix Revolutions' will add a new dimension to the films' groundbreaking visual action and advances the Wachowski brothers' vision for telling the trilogy's story in multiple formats."

Thanks to IMAX's new digital remastering technology, introduced last year, "Reloaded" will start showing on IMAX screens about two to three weeks after its May 15 release, while "Revolutions" will open on both regular and IMAX formats concurrently on Nov. 5. "Revolutions" will mark the first time ever that a Hollywood live action event film is released concurrently in 35mm and IMAX's format.

The films will be shown on IMAX's 15/70 format, which is about 10 times larger than regular film projection sizes. In addition, the IMAX theaters feature superior sound to many theaters thanks to 12,000 watts of pure digital sound.

IMAX's agreement with Warner Bros. Pictures, which will be the exclusive distributor of the films to IMAX theatres worldwide, is also the first multiple IMAX DMR film commitment by a major Hollywood studio. The financial terms were not disclosed.

"We are very pleased to be able to bring these two innovative, cutting edge, spectacular motion picture experiences to the millions of Matrix fans and new audiences at IMAX theatres, and to be taking part in what we believe is part of the future of cinema," says Dan Fellman, president of Warner Bros.Pictures' domestic distribution.

"The Matrix always scored among the highest when we asked our consumers what movies they wanted to see re-mastered in IMAX's format," add Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler, co-chairmen and co-CEOs of IMAX Corp. "Today, our longtime goal of bringing Hollywood's best event films to IMAX theatres concurrent with the 35mm release, becomes a reality."

Zap2it

OMG as if the visual overload of seeing the movies on a normal screen wasn't enough, now we can get the full 7 story screens with digital sound - my saliva seriously can't be stopped right now.

I don't even remember what I read, cause I skimmed through it. But I dont understand why a magazine owned by the same company would do something so foolish, I mean we waited 4 years already to watch the flick, why release it the last week before the movie.... Obviously they just want to see more magazines, but I think its stupid considering they only are hurting themselves in the process.... :mad::rolleyes: