Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC: day 1,2,3,4....

loraine

Alright, I'm still trying to recover but in a few hours I'll be heading out to see the biggest DJ (IMO) of the conference--that's right Danny Tenaglia!!

DAY ONE: @ Crobar...Anthony Pappa, Dave Seaman, Timo Maas, Max Graham, DJ Remy, Slacker...etc ya get the picture

Ofcourse the club was packed and everyone looked like a rockstar, from the staff to the clubbers w/ their trendy shades, you also had the European crowd visiting our lovely city. The vibe was just great, I was running into friends from last year's conference left and right and meeting new friends. Unfortunately all the Djs had about an hour set, so it wasn't enuf to truly rate their skills as DJs BUT it was a nice variety as Anthony Pappa had a truly excellent set, Dave Seaman was ok for me but then again I'm not a fan, errr Timo went on right after playing some breaks and the 3 Djs were taking pictures in their booth and it was just great cos there were people filming the nite, taking pictures, etc and ofcourse DANCING their asses off!!!

Went outside the club at 3 or so and didn't/couldn't go back in till an hour later as the fire marshall wouldn't let anyone else in, despite the re-entry stamp...yadda yadda So I missed Max Graham's set but I'm sure it went well as it was the first nite of the conference and everyone was up for a wicked nite. Heard DJ Remy's and part of Slacker's set and headed home for some zzzzzzzzzz and rest for Day 2...

DAY TWO: @ Space Danny Howells & Deep Dish

Right so I rest up a bit Saturday in the day but wished I had spent the day at the beach. So--Saturday I headed out to Space as Sasha wasn't in town and I was curious to hear Danny Howells a second time. Arriving at Space early is ALWAYS good, right crowd was different this time and pretty aggressive as the nite progressed. A high of the nite was hanging out w/ Stacey, Dan, and Dee--very cool!! Danny actually spun longer than what he was scheduled to play which was indeed v. nice progressive and chill out early in the nite to some tribal and funky tracks... Deep Dish took over and played some nice prog house tracks and then I had to leave rather early frown.gif

Anyhow, the line was packed I'de say about 200 people outside waiting to get in!

DAY THREE: 'Till Noon Party

Put together by NoLimit, it was a very chill and nice hanging out at the Mezzanote restaurant and hearing chill out tunes by Bill Patrick and ? and Omid (16 B) although Omid was pretty out of it after not having enuf sleep as everyone saw... lol

DAY FOUR: Danny Tenaglia--enuf said!!!

SOrry for writing a book here but thought it would be nice to share w/ you all how my WMC experience has been, so for the rest of you, share those stories and parties ya went to.

to continue the story...

well i was at the therapy/bliss party on friday...already posted my review on that one. had to spin at a house party on sat.night. sunday was the pancake throwdown. beautifully described by georgina acosta. ha ha NOT! recovered at night.

monday - started off at the astralwerks party. got there kinda early so everyone was in line for the free bbq. HUGE LINE! left to the phatraxx party at the clevelander. it was ok. nuthin big. checked into my room and went back to the astralwerks party. heard norman cook aka fatboy slim. pretty good set. went to the subliminal party that night. ummm...wasn't all that great IMO. first of all...i wanted to catch darren emerson's and lay & bushwacka's sets, but unfortunately they were playing in the vip section. i wasn't into morrilo's set that night. so we ended up leaving early and got in for free at shadow. caught the end of the cream/spundae party. great music...too little time.

tuesday - recovered in the morning and caught the pool sessions party at night. LTJ was off da hook!!! he only spun for an hour...so that sucked royally. then kruder & dorfmeister came on. GOOD STUFF!!! dorfmeister started it off with some phat breaks. really had the crowd moving. then kruder came on with some tight house. overall a VERY GOOD party. the OM party at night. first it took me about an hour to get in...and i had a VIP pass. it was wayyy too crowded in there. and i do mean crowded. caught soulstice, afro mystic then farina came on. by then i was soooo exhausted. i left right after his set and called it a night. thus ending the conference for me.

now i'm back at home trying to recover. gotta develope all the pics. will be posting them soon. to be continued...

------------------

I've got the beat...the one for your mind as well as your feet!

AIM: Phatskils2

Day One: Friday: Therapy, Bliss, Hope Record Party @ Crobar- Slacker, Timo Maas, Dave Seaman, Remy, Anthony Pappa, Max Graham.. Well? what could you say?? The party was excellent. Great vibe, kick ass music, the DJ's worked the crowd to the tee, especially Slacker, I particularly enjoyed his late night set, AWESOME!, out of all the DJ's, he's the one who ticked my pickle......

Day Two: Saturday: Balance, Creations, Release Party @ Crobar - John Digweed, Luis Diaz, Chris Fortier, Jimmy Van .... WOW, great fuking show, Johnny boy threw down the nickel bags of funk! He played with the crowd with his pinky!!!, I've never heard Digweed like that before in my entire life, very emotional.......

Day Three: Sunday: Twilo, Balance, Creations @ Warsaw Ballroom w/Phazon - Sander Kleinenberg, John Graham, Chris Fortier, John Debo and everyone!! ... Hmmmm ... this show was very interesting, There was too much talent in the building and I really didn't get to enjoy everyone's set as much as I would have liked to. The SHOW KICKED ASS however and music was truly, truly great as everyone involed did a great fucking show, good vibe, cool people, I rate it a 10 ...

Day Four: Monday: Cream vs. Spundae(SF), Timo Maas, Seb Fontaine, Jerry Bonham @ Shadow Lounge... This was the first time I heard Jerry Bonham spin and I thorougly enjoyed his set, Seb was flawless as well as Timo, which threw down the dirty, dirty funk, overall it was a great party, there were plenty of people and the vibe wuz great.

That was my Winter Music Conference experience, and I must say it was a great one, the best conference I've been to yet with great talent coming down from all over the world !! I can't wait for next year already ....

------------------

R.I.T.M.sig.gif

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene!

boiler_bursting_md_wht.gif

Welcome to the Boiler Room

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------

Nice reviews guys...

After a couple days of sleep, coming back to reality, and getting back up to the cold, I think now I'm in condition to write my reviews... hehehe

Ok, so Friday I went out to Crobar for Pappa, Seaman, Timo Maas and some others... Crobar was lookin good, bunch of beautiful ppl, the music was just perfect... Wasnt there for too long, got in around midnight (kinda long qeue) and left around 4... I was bouncing from the minute I got in to the minute I left! hehehe Met up w some friends that came down for Ultra and wanted to chill the night before, and look at where I take them to "chill"!! hehehe All in all, very good warmup for the rest of the weekend that was coming ahead...

Day 2, Saturday, ULTRA Fest 3, 2001... What can I say... This fest was the highlight of the YEAR!! heheh Seriously!! I saw more DJ's in one day that I had seen all year!... Got in to Bayfront Park at around 12:30, the sun was shining, the bass was pounding, techno music was in the air!!! Did the recognition round, scoped the different tents and arenas, and needless to say, Twilo was by far the best option during many points in the day... I grabbed a line-up schedule as I walked in and i started planning the day... So many good talent, such excellent music, I was overwhelmed... Basically checked out Quivver, Edgar V, George Acosta, Paul Oakenfold, Dave Seaman, Sander Kleinenberg (wow!!), Max Graham, Deep Dish, Timo Maas, Josh Wink (uuuff!!), Jimmy Van M, Talla, Digweed, Nick Warren (wooow!!), ran to Paul Van Dyk for a lil while, and headed back to see Carl Cox rippit up at Twilo... Met up w several ppl from the boards throughout the day, excellent vibe... what a fkn day!! hehe

Left Ultra with the intention to to head back to Space to see Danny Howells and Deep Dish, but as soon as i hit that shower, and packed that bowl, I knew I was out!!! hehehe sleeeeep...

Sunday, Day 3... chilled in the sun all day, kinda spaced out from saturday, checked out Diego's thingadingy 'Till noon party at 1200 Washington Ave, drank a couple of beers while chilling, I mean CHILLING!! hehe to the nice beats of Omid16, Bill Patrick etc... (I really didn't know who was spinning and when), but I was definetely diggin it.. I loved it when they dropped a couple of tracks from GU019...

At around 12, the place was rather empty, and decided to move on... Thought about Warsaw, but decided to hit Shadow Lounge instead (which after reading the reviews I kinda regret not going)... Oakenfold and D:Fuse were dropping some nice tunes to the shadow crowd... Oakenfold came on to play one of his kinda predictable sets, not bad at all tho, but a lil bit like what I had heard on Ultra the day before... Either way, It felt good to be back in Shadow Lounge again, and watching Oakie! hehe

Now on Day 4, Monday, I was a lil tired, and sad, cause it was my last day, but nonetheless, the weather was awesome, the beats were still pounding all over... Checked out Shadow Lounge again for what was one of the best nights of the conference for me... Cream vs Spundae party... Really good musical evening... Timo Mass, Nick Warren, Seb Fontaine and Jerry Bonham. The only bad thing was having these guys for such a short period of time, I could've heard them for like 6 hours each!! hehehe Very good beats, excellent tunes dropped all night... Had to leave at around 4:30 to run get my suitcase and get on a plane from Ft. Lauderdale at 6 am... Had to miss out on Danny, but i figured if I stopped by for a lil bit it would just be torture, 'cause I knew he'd go on till mid afternoon!! heehhehe...

Wow... this now looks like a long ass review, but it kinda Illustartes the WMC weekend... There's a lot more to it, but hey, I finally decided to put a li part of it on paper (or online! hehe).. Glad to see many many ppl from the boards... Eventhough we met at Ultra and nowhere else... Nice hangin out w Miss Mindi, Lori, Kamil (forget sn), eggmok, korzo, nikki, monique, msoprano13, mikey, andy... forget who else I saw, but all in all....

WMC rules!! Can't wait to do it all over next year!! hehehe cwm1.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg

Day one: 320. Good house, good vibe. Then Salvation. I swear I saw tumble weeds rolling by. But it was fun.

Day two: Ultra. It was simple a great event with a great diverse crowd. Candy ravers, poser sluts, New Yorkers, Florida's disinfranchised youth and guys like me that can't be explained. Gatecrasher tent was switched on, the most fun. The visuals with that scary, ugly Talla superimposed over the graphics was sweet. Where was the sublimital tent?? Space Man tent was my favorite. DJ Icey and Trip Theory. Wanted something different than Trance.

Day three: Bath Club party. Amesome friendly crowd. Many people in the biz or pretending to be. Taylor, Chris Lawrence(the nicest guy), Sandra Collins. Then Nervous Records Denny's party on Collins ave.

Alot of fun. Where were the transtesticles???

Day four: Moonshine Sony rooftop party. Then to the empty Ice Palace. Left early, enjoyed MJ Cole. Second time I've been to the Ice Palace(1st was New Years 2000). Nobody goes there and it has the coolest set for a party I've even seen. Bad marketing or something. Maybe its just to far from South Beach

There should be ravers at the Bayside park once even 2 months.

Later.

wow... i'm still recovering... so i'll start with day 1, friday 8:30 PM where i was @ the clay hotel bar and met no one (surprise, surprise)... nevertheless i had an amazing long island iced tea. i headed to crobar close to 9:30 and went in to the press release thing they had upstairs... it was amazing to see digweed and seaman et. als. chilling there with everyone...i got one of those therapy promo cd roms and it's pretty fucking cool. i went down as soon as i saw anthony pappa's name lit up... he was amazing... then seaman which in my opinion mixed the best set that night. timo sucked... max graham was good but not great... remy sucked... slacker played some funky shit... really good in my opinion, and pete gooding was amazing as well, which i was not expecting. the night was great bu it was a shame that the djs spun for only an hour each... i met loraine and she pointed out biz, steve gerrard (i hope i spelled that right) and i also met james sheridan, although i bet he can't remember a thing... hint!

day 2... digweed @ crobar... the first word says it all... amazing... i hadn't seen digweed since last conference and he just hypnotized me... i unfortunately had to leave early because i was with friends (which apparently didn't care as much about digweed as i did... i still haven't forgiven myself for not staying.)

day 3... recovery

day 4... recovery, although i wanted to go to see emerson (i don't regret not going although i do regret not having gone to see tenaglia... i refused to go since i thought it was going to be too packed and here at UM they were so kind to schedule two tests the day afterward... i should have gone after the tests b/c i heard it went on till late... oh well... next year)

day 5... i was REALLY desperate throughout classes that day for the day to be over so i could head over with some of my friends to the crobar/release party @ the surfcomber... we got there close to 8:30... it was so surreal. we got to see kruder and dorfmeister... WOW... i knew these guys were good but had no clue they were so amazing live. the dj booth was at the end of the pool looking towards the beach and everyone was grooving in the sand to dorfmeister's breaks and trip hop... you can imagine... then kruder came in with AMAZING deep house... it was very unexpected yet out of hand. the party was over close to 11:30 and we headed to blue to hear some more amazing house... i was kind of screwed up and couldn't make out who was spinning so, all i can tell you was that it was really good.

day 6... recovery

day 7 (today)... still recovering... i really haven't gotten back in the mood for classes and i'm afraid it won't happen since i naturally slack during the end of the semester...

anyway, it was nice to see so many people enjoying themselves. hope everyone had as good a time as i had. until next time... marcos.

Archived