Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think Senior Vazques is a sell out?

Why is Vasquez a sell out and not oakefold for having a show on KTU? Not trying to defend Vasquez but makeing a point.

Also,

Twilo was at it prime in the 97-00 years. I will attest to that. Other times it was way too crowded and the crowd was kind of well "shity" at times..

Exit isa great idea and large space but for some reason always attracts a lot of the wrong people and therefore brought about the downfall for the people who really enjoyed it

I do however hate the fact that Junior will play prerecorded or not play at all on some nights at Exit. I have gone a few times and seen him and it was great.. decent size crowd, and not as gay as people make out..

I have also been there when its somewhat dead, and yuo have paid your money, there are 20 people there and then you get stuck paying $30 bucks to listen to a CD. Just my two cents =)

Junior Vasquez is expanding his market. Exit is not as full as it could be on a weekly basis. And if Junior was really trying to sell out to the straight market he would not be making flyers like the memorial day army of love flyer. 99% of straight people I know would be afraid to look at that flyer!! KTU probably has the most gay listeners of any station in New York. Junior makes CDs?? so how is going on the radio selling out??

I think it is great that an openly gay DJ and a Drag queen are on the radio. It goes to show how far we have come. Aren't you tired of hearing Paul Oakenfold this and Paul Oakenfold that when you know how great Junior Vasquez is!!

Originally posted by cwa

Junior Vasquez is expanding his market. Exit is not as full as it could be on a weekly basis. And if Junior was really trying to sell out to the straight market he would not be making flyers like the memorial day army of love flyer. 99% of straight people I know would be afraid to look at that flyer!! KTU probably has the most gay listeners of any station in New York. Junior makes CDs?? so how is going on the radio selling out??

I think it is great that an openly gay DJ and a Drag queen are on the radio. It goes to show how far we have come. Aren't you tired of hearing Paul Oakenfold this and Paul Oakenfold that when you know how great Junior Vasquez is!!

I am curious to hear how Junior will play his radio crowd considering when he has his crowd he plays crazy nutz, but on the flip side if he doesnt like his crowd everybody pays for it except for him b/c it seems that at these times he says fuck the people who came here and spent there money to here him just b/c he doesnt like the crowd. I really do not think JV gives two spins if he expands his market.....

Originally posted by joecrack13

What other changes are u talking about cause NYC which was once the capital of dance music and clubbing is wayyyyyyyyy off now...miami is definitely in my opinion the capital of clubbing...they also have party 93 down there which kicks asssssss...we need something like a Radio 1 or Galaxy 105 like the UK has where people from all over the world listen in via the Internet...NYC has 3 of the most world renowned DJ's...if u go to Ibiza the frigin craziest party place in the world 3 names are synonomous with NYC...Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez and Erick Morillo...one of those guys should get a damn radio show and put NY back on the map...

Actually, both Roger Sanchez and Erick Morillo have weekly radio mixshows that are heard on a number of Dance stations in the UK, Italy, and France.

I also agree with everything sdeelite wrote about commercial Dance radio versus underground Dance radio.

Originally posted by CHRles

Actually, both Roger Sanchez and Erick Morillo have weekly radio mixshows that are heard on a number of Dance stations in the UK, Italy, and France.

I also agree with everything sdeelite wrote about commercial Dance radio versus underground Dance radio.

Just heard on KTU and unless the dj fucked up (which is quite possible) I think Junior now has the 12-2 spot and Oakenfold is after him. Why I have no idea...

As for him catering to radio...I don't think he's going to all that much...maybe he'll play more vocal than usual, but I can't imagine him changing it all that much, he pretty much does what he wants. Cuz uh...well...everyone here knows how he is, as already mentioned.

Originally posted by brandonius54w

He does bring a pissy attitude sometimes and many of his 'outside his realm' ventures have failed but I must say there have been some great moments. in Miami for instance he was amazing last time. I don't think that exit is primarily gay.I think it is like 65% gay and the rest straight on sunday mornings and he plays hard house music that is appealing to people who like to dance. Your focus on whether he's playing for the straight crowd or the gay crowd @ this point is pointless. If you remember @ Twilo the crowd was EXTREMEMLY mixed, straight, gay , female, whatever.....and it rocked, The only all gay venue superclub is Roxy and thier D.J.s are at best OK ever since Vic Calderone left (an extremely talented DJ) so, I think that Junior isnt a sell out. i think he is tring to become more marketable musically. The emphasis on being underground at this point is minimal considering his above average mixing and producing skills I.E. justin timberlakes new song on KTu all the time...remix by Junior V., Do i think his radio show will last ? That is a great questions because the arguement is in your eyes is whether or not hos music caters to one group more than another at this point......we shall see. He still remains to me to be a pleasure on my eardrums. No one is even close to him. He fucking rox!!!!

–B-

:idea::confused::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WERD.;)

The show was good! alittle to much talkover but it is KTU and they do need to pay the bills.

Here is the set list.

Friday, May 9, 2003 Playlist

Fumix, "Work Me Junior" JV remix

Ralph Falcon & Oscar G, "Dark Beat" (JV remix)

Deee-Lite, "Good Beat" (Jeff Poirier remix)

Continuous Cool, "Automatic" [samples]

Purple Kitty, "Bang On" (Thick Dick dub)

Todd Terry, "Bango" [samples]

Fumix pres. Ellis D, "I Got Something" JV mix

Chicola, "I'magetcha" (Chad Jack remix)

Deee-Lite, "Groove is in the Heart" (Jeff Poirier remix)

Justin Timberlake, "Rock Your Body" (JV remix)

Vivian Green, "Music" [vocal snippet]

Shades of Junior, "Keep in Touch"

CeCe Peniston, "Finally" (JV remix)

Mary J. Blige, "Your Child" (JV remix)

Alicia Keys, "Girlfriend" (JV remix)

Kelly Rowland, "Can't Nobody" (JV remix)

Heather Headley, "I Wish I Wasn't" (JV remix)

Vivian Green, "Emotional Rollercoaster" (JV remix)

Originally posted by earthling

The show was good! alittle to much talkover but it is KTU and they do need to pay the bills.

Here is the set list.

Friday, May 9, 2003 Playlist

Fumix, "Work Me Junior" JV remix

Ralph Falcon & Oscar G, "Dark Beat" (JV remix)

Deee-Lite, "Good Beat" (Jeff Poirier remix)

Continuous Cool, "Automatic" [samples]

Purple Kitty, "Bang On" (Thick Dick dub)

Todd Terry, "Bango" [samples]

Fumix pres. Ellis D, "I Got Something" JV mix

Chicola, "I'magetcha" (Chad Jack remix)

Deee-Lite, "Groove is in the Heart" (Jeff Poirier remix)

Justin Timberlake, "Rock Your Body" (JV remix)

Vivian Green, "Music" [vocal snippet]

Shades of Junior, "Keep in Touch"

CeCe Peniston, "Finally" (JV remix)

Mary J. Blige, "Your Child" (JV remix)

Alicia Keys, "Girlfriend" (JV remix)

Kelly Rowland, "Can't Nobody" (JV remix)

Heather Headley, "I Wish I Wasn't" (JV remix)

Vivian Green, "Emotional Rollercoaster" (JV remix)

NICE!!!! Thanks. I have only heard the deep house remix of I wish I wasn't--I bet Junior's is NASTY (in a good way). Has he released it?